ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
I was struggling a bit with slaver mood. Most of the ways that I manage it are not available in the tutorial. I was frequently starting the day with the "bad" music in the first two decades. I wonder if it would be good to add a small tweak such as granting a slight mood boost every new day during the tutorial. This would keep the focus on training the slave instead of maintaining the slaver.
Latest dev version now increases mood benefit of bacchic nectar for slaver.

Fixing blazing moodlet for slaver has made the high sex drive a bit of a liability in the tutorial. Also the "bored" moodlet. 30x alcohol can compensate, but maybe we should lower the slaver's libido for the tutorial to remove that variable.

The problems in the slaver's diary represent mini-objectives and learning opportunities for important aspects of the game so I'm reluctant to de-emphasize them too much. The slave already gains devotion passively in the tutorial so after a decade or so she's willing to do most things even if you've completely mismanaged her training.

Last edited:
Reactions: StJesuz

StJesuz

Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Latest dev version now increases mood benefit of bacchic nectar for slaver.

Fixing blazing moodlet for slaver has made the high sex drive a bit of a liability in the tutorial. Also the "bored" moodlet. 30x alcohol can compensate, but maybe we should lower the slaver's libido for the tutorial to remove that variable.
Nice, I'll give it another try tonight.

I tried Helen and didn't have the issue at all, because she's much more willing to have sex. I certainly used up the alcohol with Yasmin. It's a tough situation, where the slaver will probably need to cook for himself and do the accounting, at least for the first decades, and these both come with a mood penalty. Then add the blazing libido and I was getting red moods every morning. Doesn't feel like I'm doing anything wrong but getting the bad music feels like a punishment.

So my idea of just a small mood boost was thinking that I didn't want to create too much work just for the tutorial. It should still allow for red moods when she refuses to obey, fights with the slaver and he gets dirty along with the house. A small tweak to libido would probably do the same thing but I'm not suggesting any changes outside of the tutorial.

Thanks for taking a look.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
What if we use the credit music as a home music for the tutorial? :coffee:

That way, it'll feel "legacy" (it was the home music in v1.7.x), and being in a bad mood won't feel like a punishment. Moreover, there'll be no need to fully alter the balance and the player will be able to observe the effects of bad mood on training. Finally, completing the game for the first time will feel rewarding, like going full circle.

Arhkainel

May 25, 2021
Guys quick question, does Habit not raise if not branded? And does devotion time locked? I had 2/2/5 on 10th day and devotion only upped at 1 at ~22 day and immediately at 2 ~24 day? (no spend time/ero rewards)

Also is there a way to tell the "rental" slut to piss off when you get an apartment?

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
Guys quick question, does Habit not raise if not branded?
Branding is not required to raise habit.

And does devotion time locked? I had 2/2/5 on 10th day and devotion only upped at 1 at ~22 day and immediately at 2 ~24 day? (no spend time/ero rewards)
Don't understand the question. 2/2/5 what? Going from 1 to 2 stars of devotion in 2 days without a philtre potion isn't expected.

Also is there a way to tell the "rental" slut to piss off when you get an apartment?
Have negative excitement (Sated or below).

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Arhkainel

Voidbreaker76

May 14, 2023
Don't understand the question. 2/2/5 what? Going from 1 to 2 stars of devotion in 2 days without a philtre potion isn't expected.
If I had to guess, instead of writing down what each stat was he instead just listed the totals going down so the slave he is talking about had 2 Awareness, 2 Taming, and 5 Habit or 2/2/5 by day 10 but devotion only got one pip on day 22 and again on 24 without them giving erotic reward or spending time with her.

I suppose the question is how does a slave get devotion from a mechanical standpoint since it would kind of look like that it's not simply a invisible bar that needs to be filled if the first bit of devotion requires 12 days but the second popped up after two.

Reactions: Arhkainel

Arhkainel

May 25, 2021
Thresholds and points just like attributes. Typically rises by only a few points per day, max, hence going up a level in 2 days doesn't compute.
Well thats strange, since like all slaves behave like I stated. I even tried to observe the correlation in tutorial debug but devotion there is cooked (or I am cooked :4Head:). All I was saying is from wiki it states getting 1/1/1 gets 1 point/day I assumed the threshold is 10/20/40 but guess there are other shenanigans in play :unsure:, well no matter! Thx for the answers though!

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
all slaves behave like I stated
If you can get it to happen again (devotion increasing from 1 star to 2 stars in 2 days by simply passing the days?), a save from day -2 would be helpful to investigate.

Devotion increases passively if the slave has positive obedient and is happy. The amount of increase will not exceed mood/awareness/taming/habit.

Arhkainel

May 25, 2021
if the slave has positive obedient and is happy
I already thought about obedience/happiness correlation, since that might be the case, I usually keep them low fear after they can clean and just work stats A/T/H and work on weight if needed, by day ~10 they usually stack stats but still 0 devotion and low mood, and after stat gain eventually they get obedient and devotion skyrockets in a decade. In any case its not a problem at all was just curious, could also suggest add Obedience bit on wiki -> (Amount of Awareness/Taming/Habit that's lowest while mood > 0, despair = 0, spoil = 0, and pride < 5.) Cheers, bruv! :)

4.00 star(s) 58 Votes