• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod QSP Jack-o-Nine-Tails Developer Versions and Mods

anon159aei

May 7, 2017
I created a powershell script (thanks ChatGPT!) to avoid needing to copy or redownload the media repositories.

Instructions:
  1. Place these all in the same folder
  • game-base
  • media-base
  • media-patch
  • Install Symlinks.ps1
    • i.e. Extract Install Symlinks.ps1 from Install Symlinks.zip
Before proceeding, it is strongly recommended to always check code before executing it. Finally​
2. Right click Install Symlinks.ps1​
Run with Powershell​

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: qwertyu12359

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I created a powershell script (thanks ChatGPT!) to avoid needing to copy or redownload the media repositories.

Instructions:
  1. Place these all in the same folder
  • game-base
  • media-base
  • media-patch
  • Install Symlinks.ps1
    • i.e. Extract Install Symlinks.ps1 from Install Symlinks.zip
Before proceeding, it is strongly recommended to always check code before executing it. Finally​
2. Right click Install Symlinks.ps1​
Run with Powershell​
Great initiative!

I invite you to also post your work anywhere you see fit on the game's wiki. That way you'll have more visibility. (y)

anon159aei

May 7, 2017
Great initiative!

I invite you to also post your work anywhere you see fit on the game's wiki. That way you'll have more visibility. (y)
Might make sense for me to add a sub-option under Dev step 2) in . i.e.
a) Download symlink script b) Choose Complete or NL and move it to the same directory as the 2-3 "code" and "media" folders. c) Rename the folders to: game-base media-base (and media-patch if using complete version). d) Run Install-Symlinks-Complete.ps1 or Install-Symlinks-NL.ps1
For now, uploading the scripts to anonfiles and linking the dl in the wiki (with example above) should be good enough?

P.S. I might (longshot) be able to simplify this and have it run out of game-base. If so, features to add would be: have the script run out of game-base folder and create the symlinks (might be doable). Alternate option is renaming folders to be uniform, would need to change working directory. Added complexity would be having a single script and an option menu. I'm not a programmer and contributing to the repo meaningfully is a bit above my skill level.

testing101hi

Sep 3, 2020
The current dev version, images do not load when you do an action. I have created a content folder in game with pic and snd. Works normal on 2.2.3 version

• Thinking Face

RndK1

Jun 29, 2023
It is possible to build game engine with Qt 5.14.1 and qtwebkit-Windows-Windows_10-MSVC2017-Windows-Windows_10-X86 from github qtwebkit/qtwebkit.

Main advantage - you can use WEBP animations instead of any PNG. Just rename your animation.webp into some_scene.png and some_scene became animated.

To build you need to follow manual in README.md from engine-base and:
- install qt-opensource-windows-x86-5.14.1
- unpack qtwebkit-Windows-Windows_10-MSVC2017-Windows-Windows_10-X86.7z (QtWebKit 5.212.0 Alpha 4) into your installed Qt5.14.1\5.14.1\msvc2017\
- remove line "find_dependency_with_major_and_minor(Qt5Widgets 5 14)" from Qt5.14.1\5.14.1\msvc2017\lib\cmake\Qt5WebKitWidgets\Qt5WebKitWidgetsConfig.cmake
- in cmake-gui configure: generator [Visual Studio 17 2022], platform [win32], toolset [v141]
- in engine-base-master\qsp\mathops.cpp replace QSPVariant v; with QSPVariant v = qspGetEmptyVariant(QSP_FALSE); (line 657, "uninitialized variable" crush)
- use qt 5.14.1 (MSVC 2017 32-bit) to deploy
- copy libxml2.dll and libxslt.dll from qtwebkit-Windows-Windows_10-MSVC2017-Windows-Windows_10-X86 to deployment folder

There maybe some other bugs, but I think, its worth to explore.

Lonst

Feb 25, 2023
Help returning error missing MSVCR120D.dll while trying to get the game to run in debug mode in Visual Studio 2022 by instruction on gitgud engine base

Lonst

Feb 25, 2023
Help returning error missing MSVCR120D.dll while trying to get the game to run in debug mode in Visual Studio 2022 by instruction on gitgud engine base
I will go insane fr. Turns out QT returning warning with Warning: Cannot find Visual Studio installation directory, VCINSTALLDIR is not set.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I will go insane fr. Turns out QT returning warning with Warning: Cannot find Visual Studio installation directory, VCINSTALLDIR is not set.
Aren't you missing some of the redistribuables? From the main thread first post: 1689179637910.png

Lonst

Feb 25, 2023
Ahh indeed, big thanks. I had idea that I need visual studio 2013, just ,microsoft download doesnt work for me for some reason so I left it for later to try
No wait, I have them all. Double-checked everything, tried to repair redistributables, even moved Visual studio on different drive. Can you even run Qt 5.4 32-bit for Desktop (MSVC 2013) without Visual studio 2013?

Last edited:

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
No wait, I have them all. Double-checked everything, tried to repair redistributables, even moved Visual studio on different drive.
You should still try to download them all again, from the url I linked, rather than comparing the version names in your list of installed program (if that's what you were doing).

an you even run Qt 5.4 32-bit for Desktop (MSVC 2013) without Visual studio 2013?
I don't know. But you surely cannot run the game without it. And the error messages you encounter are 99% surely an improper install of these redistribuables.

Lonst

Feb 25, 2023
You should still try to download them all again, from the url I linked, rather than comparing the version names in your list of installed program (if that's what you were doing).

I don't know. But you surely cannot run the game without it. And the error messages you encounter are 99% surely an improper install of these redistribuables.
I did reinstall them all, same problem

Lonst

Feb 25, 2023
Turns out you need Visual Studio 2013 desktop to run Qt 5.4 32-bit for Desktop (MSVC 2013), who might guess. On GitGud written " (THIS STEP CAN BE SKIPPED NOW) - Visual Studio 2013 " but this step cannot be skipped, because of Qt

Lonst

Feb 25, 2023
Want to make a mod for the game. Handling multiple assistants and slaves at once in the end game. Human furniture, amputee slaves, actually taking slave/assistant with you for a walk in town, a little update for a combat system to make it more player friendly, adding another option for fog wandering for weak characters that will be much less challenging and less rewarding as well. Inventory rework and more side activities. Will see if my commitment will be enough to do it. I'm wrote it here to not forget

Psicomaniaco

Mar 14, 2018
Want to make a mod for the game. Handling multiple assistants and slaves at once in the end game. Human furniture, amputee slaves, actually taking slave/assistant with you for a walk in town, a little update for a combat system to make it more player friendly, adding another option for fog wandering for weak characters that will be much less challenging and less rewarding as well. Inventory rework and more side activities. Will see if my commitment will be enough to do it. I'm wrote it here to not forget
I'm interested in this. ^^

okuru1

Jun 4, 2021
Do anyone know where is parser function and loader function / grenerator for slaves is located?

I have an idea about implementing different races to the game.

Last edited: