VN Ren'Py Abandoned It Made Us Get Close [v0.1 Demo] [Siskaman]

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
I really like plain artwork in VN's because it means that the creators can dish out more pics in shorter amount of time, and it has a certain charm to it, plus it's refreshing after seeing countless of games featuring same models in DAZ. This is not plain art, it's a bad art.

I would suggest maybe doing some tracing like you did in the past, and in time you will learn the anathomy and facial expressions so you can start doing your own custom art for the game.

On another note, where is the patch to restore your original idea, im not buying the story as is.

Reactions: Max Craving

Max Craving

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
I really like plain artwork in VN's because it means that the creators can dish out more pics in shorter amount of time, and it has a certain charm to it, plus it's refreshing after seeing countless of games featuring same models in DAZ. This is not plain art, it's a bad art.

I would suggest maybe doing some tracing like you did in the past, and in time you will learn the anathomy and facial expressions so you can start doing your own custom art for the game.

On another note, where is the patch to restore your original idea, im not buying the story as is.
Thank you! At last I see a useful feedback among the shit flow.

After seeing all the complaining about arts, I decided to give all the art work to my girl, which already created the zombie arts and outside of a house for this game. I think her arts are good enough. And I will learn to draw slowly, when I'll have time after writing and programming, not to tear my ass apart by carrying all this at once, it's very hard.

About that – what do you mean? Rape games and features like a skills?

Edit: I didn't abandoned any of my ideas, I just decided to delay them, and do something simpler first.

Last edited:

pix12341

Oct 26, 2018
I haven't actually played this but from the artwork, I could live with it if there were some subtle tweaks to certain anatomical features. Some quick observations: The lips on the woman seem very low -- elongates the face in an odd way. Keep the lips closed for now until they can be improved. The limbs could use a bit more definition/delineation.

On the plus side, I do like the way clothes/cloths realistically "fall/drape". It's a subtle detail that makes it more immersive. I think that's the level of detail that the body models could use.

In general, I'm fine with something 2D. In fact, I kind of welcome it at this point -- after seeing so much DAZ3D. However, maybe take a look at something like Secret Agent for example, for more anatomical accuracy.

I say all of this as someone who can't draw illustrate very well... If I could, I'd be making games by now. That said, I do like the approach. It seems a lot less bow-chicka-wow-wow than a lot of similar ideas out there.

Reactions: Max Craving

Max Craving

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
I haven't actually played this but from the artwork, I could live with it if there were some subtle tweaks to certain anatomical features. Some quick observations: The lips on the woman seem very low -- elongates the face in an odd way. Keep the lips closed for now until they can be improved. The limbs could use a bit more definition/delineation.

On the plus side, I do like the way clothes/cloths realistically "fall/drape". It's a subtle detail that makes it more immersive. I think that's the level of detail that the body models could use.

In general, I'm fine with something 2D. In fact, I kind of welcome it at this point -- after seeing so much DAZ3D. However, maybe take a look at something like Secret Agent for example, for more anatomical accuracy.

I say all of this as someone who can't draw illustrate very well... If I could, I'd be making games by now. That said, I do like the approach. It seems a lot less bow-chicka-wow-wow than a lot of similar ideas out there.
Thank you!