• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Others issues launching RGSS3 games

senss

Sep 2, 2019
i got lona rpg to work by launching it through the windows batch file named console. but not by launching through application. but i dont have that same file to launch the other games i want to get working

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Weird, unless it has changed, the content of console.bat is just:
Code:
start game.exe console
If you copy the file and paste it in the folders of the other games, it should still work, as long as the executables are called Game (Game.exe, actually).
If their names are different, edit the "console" file with Notepad and replace "game.exe" with the right name.

senss

Sep 2, 2019
Weird, unless it has changed, the content of console.bat is just:
Code:
start game.exe console
If you copy the file and paste it in the folders of the other games, it should still work, as long as the executables are called Game (Game.exe, actually).
If their names are different, edit the "console" file with Notepad and replace "game.exe" with the right name.
it actually worked! but im still confused as to why the games wont launch when i double click the .exe :WaitWhat:

well i guess we got a fix then! sort of:BootyTime:

Thanks scrumbles

Reactions: scrumbles

goten2

Aug 23, 2021
Im not expert in coding or software, but i think i know why this happen.
The problem is because your HDD already have bad sector, at least for me.
I have ssd to run my windows and hdd to store data, when i unmount my hdd RGSS game no longer have this problem.
This problem appear because when HDD have a very bad condition it will drag the other hardware. So when you start rgss game it will just start with blank (although your SSD can open it, your hardisk make it very very slow and appear that the game is broken).

Enough with my blabber, the point is your HDD is in bad condition.
So save your important data right now and change your HDD, or you just can use console to bypass it.

This problem for rgss game that have blank when opened not for rgss game crashing in game, i not say your hdd in bad condition. But at least in my case the problem lie in my HDD. I hope my explanation can help