Is there a way to filter out MTL from the games section?

Pretentious Goblin

Conversation Conqueror
Nov 3, 2017
If you're willing to skip Japanese games altogether (and some very few others), you can filter out completed games here. Nearly everything by Japanese devs comes out completed and nearly everything new that gets completed is by Japanese devs. Otherwise, pretty sure you can't filter out just the MTL as there is no tag for it and no system to exclude specific languages/translations.

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
The site has 10066 games and only 2329 are tagged as "Japanese games" which is 23,13%.

In the last 14 days only 53 of 471 updated games are tagged as "Japanese games" which is 11,25%.

Assuming every Japanese game is MTL, which isn't true, it's hard to believe that a 23,13% or a 11,25% can be considered "spamming", unless you consider every game that wasn't written by a native English speaker as MTL, which also isn't true. If your problem are only Japenese games then just toogle those off.

registermee

Oct 8, 2019
The site has 10066 games and only 2329 are tagged as "Japanese games" which is 23,13%.

In the last 14 days only 53 of 471 updated games are tagged as "Japanese games" which is 11,25%.

Assuming every Japanese game is MTL, which isn't true, it's hard to believe that a 23,13% or a 11,25% can be considered "spamming", unless you consider every game that wasn't written by a native English speaker as MTL, which also isn't true. If your problem are only Japenese games then just toogle those off.
I mean why would they be tagged japanese when they are """"""translated"""""".

Just go the the games forum and check yourself how many of the first 2 pages are MTL. You can't see it unless you open the thread.

A MTL tag is badly needed.

Reactions: Admiral Thrawn

javier_himura

Jun 23, 2017
I mean why would they be tagged japanese when they are """"""translated"""""".
Because the tag is not about the language, is about the original. Those games are from Japanese developers. The tag could not have any relation with the language when this is an English site. There are games with additional languages but games without English translations are not allowed.

Just go the the games forum and check yourself how many of the first 2 pages are MTL. You can't see it unless you open the thread.
Assuming all Japanese completed games are MTL there are at this exact moment 8 games out of 60 on the first two pages of Latest Activity. And you don't need to open the thread to see the tags.

Reactions: Adabelitoo

registermee

Oct 8, 2019

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
Why are you being so defensive about having MTL somehow visible in the thread title or something.
Because you're whining and overreacting about one particular thing that you dislike.

They are tagged "Japanese game" because they were made in, surprise surprise, Japan. Btw, there are 30 games per page, not 20. In the last 3 days a total of 93 games were updated only 11 games are Japanese Games. If you think that 11,82% is spamming then you clearly have a problem. Maybe you want to take a screenshot of those " 10 MTL threads in a row" to illustrate your point, because those 11 games in the last link I posted seem scattered.

If you want to know something about a game, you can ask in that game's thread. If your problem is that the game isn't tagged as "Japanase game" (if you have been here since 2019 and you still can't tell it's a japanese game just by looking at it then you have another problem) you can report it so it gets tagged properly. If your problem are MTL games, then avoid playing games MTLed, like Japenese games for example.

Sure, the forum could add a MTL tag, it could add a lot of tags to make things easier, but no matter how many tags F95 adds it still won't be clear enough for some players. You can request that tag in the right section of the forum, but as long as that tag doesn't exist, you'll have to deal with and find another solution.

Edit: By the way, the OP literally says " Language: English MTL"...

Reactions: Jaike and Charl9

registermee

Oct 8, 2019
Because you're whining and overreacting about one particular thing that you dislike.

They are tagged "Japanese game" because they were made in, surprise surprise, Japan. Btw, there are 30 games per page, not 20. In the last 3 days a total of 93 games were updated only 11 games are Japanese Games. If you think that 11,82% is spamming then you clearly have a problem. Maybe you want to take a screenshot of those " 10 MTL threads in a row" to illustrate your point, because those 11 games in the last link I posted seem scattered.

If you want to know something about a game, you can ask in that game's thread. If your problem is that the game isn't tagged as "Japanase game" (if you have been here since 2019 and you still can't tell it's a japanese game just by looking at it then you have another problem) you can report it so it gets tagged properly. If your problem are MTL games, then avoid playing games MTLed, like Japenese games for example.

Sure, the forum could add a MTL tag, it could add a lot of tags to make things easier, but no matter how many tags F95 adds it still won't be clear enough for some players. You can request that tag in the right section of the forum, but as long as that tag doesn't exist, you'll have to deal with and find another solution.
Games | F95zone
Count

Edit: By the way, the OP literally says " Language: English MTL"...
Exactly, you have to click on a thread and filter out that information... so you HAVE TO OPEN IT. That's exactly my point.
I wish I could filter it out or at least see an indicator before opening it so I don't have to waste my time with it.

Why would I care if it's a japanese game if it has a proper translation. That's the entire issue here. MTL isn't a translation. It's garbage and I don't want to see it.

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
Games | F95zone
Count

Exactly, you have to click on a thread and filter out that information... so you HAVE TO OPEN IT. That's exactly my point.
I wish I could filter it out or at least see an indicator before opening it so I don't have to waste my time with it.

Why would I care if it's a japanese game if it has a proper translation. That's the entire issue here. MTL isn't a translation. It's garbage and I don't want to see it.
Why would you look for games here? Who the hell does that? Look for games here like any human being does. You only have to hover over the game to know how it's tagged and watch some previews without open it.

Why would you care if it's a japanese game if it has a proper translation? Because you dislike MTL games, you big genius. MTL is a translation from one language to another language. It isn't good enough for you apparently but a car is still a car even if it isn't fast enough for you to be a car. If you don't want to see that shit, then avoid games with a bigger chance of being MTLed, like Japanase games.

Lastly, sorry but your complain is just planly stupid at this point. I'm all for adding more tags, but you want others to do the effort of adding more tags when you don't even want to do the effort of making one fucking click to open a game. When F95 adds a MTL tag you'll complain about having to make clicks to use the filters, then you'll complain because you have to make clicks to download a game instead of the game automatically downloading itself in your PC whenever there is a new update.

I'm out, you're literally not worth the effort of me answering you.

javier_himura

Jun 23, 2017
Tell me, how can I see if this is MTL or properly translated from the main forum page?
[RPGM] - [Completed] Gambler's Game [Final] [The Church of NTR] | F95zone
You can by forgetting about the main forum page and instead of going to the last games page. In that section, you can see all the games tags without needing to enter into the game main thread. You can see that the game has both Completed and Japanese tag, so you can assume is MTL and ignore that game.
Latest.PNG
Btw, there are 20 threads per page, and yester I had 10 MTL threads in a row.
There are 20 threads per page because you are looking at the wrong pages. If you use the latest games sections there are 30 games per page, and yesterday there were 8 out of 60 on the first two pages. No big deal.

Why are you being so defensive about having MTL somehow visible in the thread title or something.
Life is not black and white. Just because I criticize your complaint does not mean I care about MTL games. Before asking to make changes you first should learn how to use the site. Because in case of adding MTL information, it should be a tag, and a tag won't be visible on the thread title nor on the threads pages because there is already a section on the site to see all of that: the latest game section. Learn to use it.

Last edited: