Illusion Is it ok to use illusion models and animations ?

SinisterFrog

Nov 6, 2022
Yo hello ! I am planning on making a game with honey select 2 models and maybe animations but i am not sure if it's legal ? Can anyone clear the fog ? I am ofc planning on using the models and the features for commercial use. And also for koikatu models ?

Last edited:

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
It's a gray area. Illusion (especially now that they've gone under) never really went after creators who made VNs/games on Patreon. It's not technically legal, but as long as you stayed out of their way, they basically left the creators alone (I think there might've been a case or two where they went after a Patreon VN, but don't quote me on that as I'm not at all sure.).

Itch, Patreon, and SS are fine for Illusion games. At least for now, assuming someone doesn't buy Illusion/it's IP and start coming down with DMCAs. Steam, however, will basically auto-reject you.

SinisterFrog

Nov 6, 2022
It's a gray area. Illusion (especially now that they've gone under) never really went after creators who made VNs/games on Patreon. It's not technically legal, but as long as you stayed out of their way, they basically left the creators alone (I think there might've been a case or two where they went after a Patreon VN, but don't quote me on that as I'm not at all sure.).

Itch, Patreon, and SS are fine for Illusion games. At least for now, assuming someone doesn't buy Illusion/it's IP and start coming down with DMCAs. Steam, however, will basically auto-reject you.
That's clear enough. Thank you so much !

Reactions: MissFortune