Unity - Inn Another World [v0.061] [Dagotto]

1. 3.00 star(s)

slothen29

v0.045

overall, a isekai story thats a vanilla monstergirl dating sim. Its not really a harem because none of the girls storylines interact at all.

The good stuff:
    - The writing and dialogue feels natural, which is a rarity around here.
    - The dev has put a lot of thought into the world, its history, how it works, and how to reveal and explore that through interactions with the characters. There's plenty of flavor and it feels internally consistent. Many games do not pull this off at all.
    - The characters are generally adorable and feel distinct.

The Bad:
    - This game is not pretty to look at. Theres some games out there with really gorgeous hand drawn art and this is not one of them. This looks like the "before" picture of one of those before/after drawing evolutions, showing an improvement over 2-6 years.
    - Also, there's just not much to look at. There's a few environments, but that majority of the game is one sprite on stage left and one on stage right talking to each other.
    - The management mechanics have potential but really don't do much. Fortunately, there isn't much to buy in the game and so money pretty quickly takes care of itself.
    - stat grinding for the girls is a pain. You play as an inn-owner who spends all his time working in a library, chopping wood, selling produce, selling armor, literally anything besides his own job, just to stat grind trust with the various LIs. When you're pursuing an LI you basically talk to them, read some interesting dialogue, sleep in your bed to skip the day, then go back. I found myself wanting to pursue one storyline at a time rather than all at once.
    - The lewd scenes are very basic, hardly animated at all, and occur at the very end of the character's path.

Other comments:
    - The slavery and slave character seems pretty out of place. Halfway through the game makes you buy a slave and she becomes an LI, and also automates the management portion of the inn. This is all well and good but it just seems out of place. Slavery doesn't seem to fit into the world, but here's one happy slave that loves you, and all the characters tell you in no uncertain terms that it really isn't all that bad and you can't change it so you better deal with it.
    - there isn't really any main story, threat, or crisis to speak of.
    - the characters are generally well written but there's an overreliance on the "monstergirl is ashamed of her body" trope.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Blooms.

This has definitely been one of the more enjoyable games I've played in the last while, I finished all the content in V0.035a at the time of writing this.

The story is pretty generic, by no means is it bad but it's not breaking any new grounds for sure. That being said the characters are likeable. the conflicts/missions or however you want to call them are believable and fit in the world and progression feels natural and satisfying. Making money is also incredibly easy once you get the ball rolling which in my opinion is a huuuuuge plus, there isn't really a grind for money to buy story progression items, though at this point there isn't anything you can really buy for the girls aside from gifts which is something I hope will be added in later updates.
    The music is fine, I appreciate the fact that there is music and it isn't horrible.

The art style is super simple, it's in that weird realm of "not bad, I like looking at it, but it's kinda janky sometimes" which is fine for me, the characters are cute and the world looks good. The animation is... Well it's there, very basic but I won't complain about it at all because I like the overall art style.

The game is a solid 4/5, not groundbreaking but still enjoyable, not the best looking but faaar from the worst looking, minimal grind, and a satisfying story progression with a cast of likeable characters.

Vera best girl :)
  3. 5.00 star(s)

BlackFoxSamaki

This is definitely one of the better games on F95. The story is engaging without being overly ludicrous, the art is nice and the characters are enjoyable. Absolutely worth a try, and I wish the dev the best of luck in going forward.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Jh0nCl3mens

I like the development of this game; the characters are unique with their own characteristics and behaviors, the progression with each person is unique in their own way; to me this game has a future and I can't wait to see what comes in store for future releases. I don't know if the developer would like to include pregnancy into the game or maybe other unique characters; but overall I like playing this game.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

UselessSphinx

I'm going to give this VN a 4/5 rating because at first it's a bit difficult to figure things out.
    PROS
    Renders are good
    Characters are good
    Making money is pretty easy
    Story is decent
    CONS
    Where is this journal that's mentioned all the time?
    Need a guide so you don't wander around looking for things
    OVERALL
    Story is kind of blah, or more like lacking in direction. Took me 80 something days to finish all of the parts with the women so far. After a certain point, making money is super easy. Like unnaturally easy in this type of VN. Good work on that. Characters are interesting and actually have depth. It is a bit frustrating in the beginning with the grind, but it does get way easier.
    I recommend this VN and can't wait to see what new things are put into the next update. Keep up the good work and good luck
  6. 5.00 star(s)

mrttao

v0.03
    I really liked this game. The art is fantastic, the waifus are great. the story is enjoyable, the dialog is well written and error free.

Inn maintenance was a little annoyingly grindy in older versions but this was fixed as author listened to user suggestions.
    overall I enjoyed this game a lot
  7. 5.00 star(s)

dewrules

Lovely game with a simple but awesome art style. A lot of work went into the uniqueness of each character no copy-paste crap, characters are drawn simple but there is a huge variety, which is awesome. Definitely will follow the development of this game. It is understandable that the game is not finished and will be developed further, personally, I hope for the inclusion of anal, I like when ALL options are on the table... UPDATE: all options are available for most characters this game is awesome 11 out of 10!