GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
What's the difference between the CHEAT version and the normal one?
Anyway thanks for the update, I'll be trying the 3rd ver. sometimes soon I guess.
The cheat version has a cheat menu built into the settings that allows you to adjust Anna's stats to anything you want them to be. Make her love you, hate you, or anywhere in between as you see fit!

Reactions: kalifianto

EventHorizon

Nov 12, 2017
Once I read all about what has happened to Anna I wanted to embrace her and tell her everything was okay. But at the same time, I wanted to kinda piss her off by hugging her sister as well. I kinda feel like messing with her over-protectiveness of her sister. That appeals to me. In the later stages of the game will there be options to toy with her protectiveness but not make her hate you because of your actions? Because I don't think I could end up living if I turned into this guys uncle.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Once I read all about what has happened to Anna I wanted to embrace her and tell her everything was okay. But at the same time, I wanted to kinda piss her off by hugging her sister as well. I kinda feel like messing with her over-protectiveness of her sister. That appeals to me. In the later stages of the game will there be options to toy with her protectiveness but not make her hate you because of your actions? Because I don't think I could end up living if I turned into this guys uncle.
There actually are going to be ways to play off of each girls feelings, turning them against each other to a degree, jealousy, or even using one to manipulate the other. I actually started writing a scene this last week that depends on Eve having strong positive feelings for you and Anna having low affection.

TheImage

Professional Bystander
Staff member
Community Liaison
Donor
Aug 14, 2016
There actually are going to be ways to play off of each girls feelings, turning them against each other to a degree, jealousy, or even using one to manipulate the other. I actually started writing a scene this last week that depends on Eve having strong positive feelings for you and Anna having low affection.
Damnit, that sounds awesome but at the same time there better be a happy ending *Shakes fist* :p

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Damnit, that sounds awesome but at the same time there better be a happy ending *Shakes fist* :p
And here I thought that the intro alone showed a range of behavior that suggests that making them happy was well within the realm of possibility.

In spite of what some of my other work might suggest, I'm a hopeless romantic who is a sucker for happy endings. Rest assured that there will be plenty of opportunity to create happy moments with the girls.

One of the things I'm doing right now is that I'm writing a series of events related to Eve's birthday. Its going to be the first birthday she's ever been allowed to celebrate and you have the choice of either not allowing her to celebrate, letting Anna do something little for her sister, or helping out to create something really special for her. (Basically, if you've built a good relationship with Anna, she will come to you seeking your permission to do something for her sister, or if you don't have a good relationship you catch her trying to be sneaky about setting something little up.)

So yeah, those bright shining feel-good moments will be there. ;)

Reactions: botc76

TheImage

Professional Bystander
Staff member
Community Liaison
Donor
Aug 14, 2016
And here I thought that the intro alone showed a range of behavior that suggests that making them happy was well within the realm of possibility.

In spite of what some of my other work might suggest, I'm a hopeless romantic who is a sucker for happy endings. Rest assured that there will be plenty of opportunity to create happy moments with the girls.

One of the things I'm doing right now is that I'm writing a series of events related to Eve's birthday. Its going to be the first birthday she's ever been allowed to celebrate and you have the choice of either not allowing her to celebrate, letting Anna do something little for her sister, or helping out to create something really special for her. (Basically, if you've built a good relationship with Anna, she will come to you seeking your permission to do something for her sister, or if you don't have a good relationship you catch her trying to be sneaky about setting something little up.)

So yeah, those bright shining feel-good moments will be there. ;)
Oh yeah, it did seem like that, but I've played a lot of VN's. Things like Fate/stay night and Muv Luv have made me terrified of the bitter sweet ending XD

Reactions: botc76

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Oh yeah, it did seem like that, but I've played a lot of VN's. Things like Fate/stay night and Muv Luv have made me terrified of the bitter sweet ending XD
I try to strike a balance with my writing. The Allure of Wanton Cove (My other current project) is very dark and foreboding. Inheritance is my balance to that, with a primary focus on nurturing and feel good moments. I DO intend to involve some optional darker elements in Inheritance, but I figure that most of the game's content will focus on relationship building and bringing a little light to their lives.

I've always been a sucker for broken things, especially people. It calls to a part of me that wants to protect, makes me want to pour my love into them in an effort to make them happy. And that is the place that I'm writing this game from.

Now, on a side note in case anyone is interested:

I started a writing contest for Inheritance through my Patreon page (Post is available to everyone). There are prizes for winners, and anything created that is liked by the community will go into the game.

Rules, prizes, and guidelines can all be found here:

Reactions: DarthLAX

EventHorizon

Nov 12, 2017
Oh, a writing contest. That's a great way to see what people wish to be in the game, and a good way to get a positive reputation of taking what people say into account when writing the game. I love your game so far, I can't wait for the later versions. I wish you luck.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Oh, a writing contest. That's a great way to see what people wish to be in the game, and a good way to get a positive reputation of taking what people say into account when writing the game. I love your game so far, I can't wait for the later versions. I wish you luck.
I figure that a writing contest achieves several things:

1. It lets people know that I'm open to submissions for the game, encouraging an environment where people will contribute content to the game, or even write their own story arcs maybe. (I actually intend to put together a writer's guide eventually to assist in this.)

2. It hopefully helps build a little excitement about the game, engaging people who are interested in contributing, or even just voting for winners among the entries.

3. It generates content for the game that I may not come up with on my own. After all, I am but one man and I don't have a monopoly on good ideas. If it creates content that the fans enjoy, all the better!

4. And this last one is purely selfish: If someone writes for the game and creates something that I particularly enjoy and think is well written, I already have a sample of their work. I can reach out to them and possibly commission additional scenes from those authors if they are interested and finances allow for it.

In the long run, I want to create more than a game, I want to create a community.

Glad to hear that you're enjoying the game so far!

EventHorizon

Nov 12, 2017
The first time Anna asked me if I wanted her to "warm the bed" I ended up making her fall into my arms and cry, kinda like an emotional breakdown. In later versions of the game will something like being Anna's emotional outlet be possible? Like when she stresses too much, she comes to you to cuddle and cry, then she feels better? Cause I felt like a good person when I cuddled with Anna to make her feel better. On top of that, I have a soft spot for people who break down emotionally due to events that have happened in my life.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
The first time Anna asked me if I wanted her to "warm the bed" I ended up making her fall into my arms and cry, kinda like an emotional breakdown. In later versions of the game will something like being Anna's emotional outlet be possible? Like when she stresses too much, she comes to you to cuddle and cry, then she feels better? Cause I felt like a good person when I cuddled with Anna to make her feel better. On top of that, I have a soft spot for people who break down emotionally due to events that have happened in my life.
As a matter of fact, I just wrote a scene like that for Eve today where she has a bad dream and comes to you in the hopes of being comforted. So yes, scenes where one of the girls has had a bad day and just wants to be held, or to voice their insecurities, is a very real possibility assuming they trust you enough to do so.

On a side note, we should have a new build up by this time tomorrow!

Last edited:

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Got a new build of Inheritance ready for all of you to enjoy!

A4 Cheat Includes:

-Everything included in A4, plus a cheat menu that will allow you to adjust relationship values at will.

A4 Includes:

-Some minor rewrite to anna_2 scene so the "nice" branch comes off a little kinder.

-Added first round of Conversations for Anna. Most of them are fairly small, but there's a couple with some substance.

-Added one new interactive scene that includes Anna & Eve.

-Added one new interactive scene for Anna.

-Added Shower content.

-Added one new variant to oral sex.

-Added one new variant to doggystyle sex.

-Added one new variant to missionary sex.

-Added three pieces of placeholder art to the game.

A3 Includes:

-Added sex mechanic to the game. Currently includes Oral (Receive), Missionary, and Doggystyle content. Sex can be initiated either from the master bedroom, or from bed if you go to bed at the correct time. Additional content will be added in time.

-Added meal time mechanic to the game. Currently has 12 scenes, two with the girls and two without for each meal.

-Ability to assign an eating arrangement for the girls has been added.

-Started cleaning up the sidebar.

-Added one new interactive scene that takes place during the work day in many locations in the mansion.

-Put some art back into the game.

Patreon A4 CHEAT Build ($5 Pledge Required):

Patreon A4 Build ($1 Pledge Required):

Patreon A3 Build (Free Version of game):

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Right now, only Anna.

I've spent the first few builds getting Anna to the point where she is "playable" and am now shifting Eve to catch her up with a similar amount of content. The next build of the game will include a focus on interactive scenes for Eve, followed by Conversations, Punishments, Sex, etc in the following couple of builds (I have a couple of scenes planned that firmly establish her age, and I want those present before the player is allowed to fool around too much with her).

Hope that helps clear things up for you.

FroKe88

May 15, 2017
Hers is a world that still holds wonder. While it will be possible mistreat her, I personally plan to spend most of my time writing for her doing so for happy moments. ;)
Yeah, you already told :)
And I love having the choices, it feels more realistic and emotional like this. I often play the "bad" way just to watch the new content amd am happy after for doing the "good" choices :D

You and your kids, get well soon. Can't wait the new test build :happyblush

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Got a new build of Inheritance ready for all of you to enjoy!

"After the passing of your estranged Great Uncle, you're surprised to find yourself listed as the sole heir to his estate. With all the legal unpleasantness out of the way, you're now on your way to your new home.

Not sure what to expect when you arrive, you don't know if you're going to sell the mansion or live there, but once you step inside your entire world changes when you are suddenly faced with the fact that you now own two slave girls.

What do you do with them? Do you follow in your Great Uncle's footsteps and use them for your own pleasure? Do you treat them like servants? Or do you nurture a relationship with them that just might blossom into something more, . . ."

\

A5 Includes:

-Three new interactive scenes for Eve.

-One new "Unique" interactive scene (Currently repeatable repeatably, but will be made non-repeatable once followup content is completed.)

-Added the first of the great uncle's diaries to the game along with the first entry within.

A4 Includes:

-Some minor rewrite to anna_2 scene so the "nice" branch comes off a little kinder.

-Added first round of Conversations for Anna. Most of them are fairly small, but there's a couple with some substance.

-Added one new interactive scene that includes Anna & Eve.

-Added one new interactive scene for Anna.

-Added Shower content.

-Added one new variant to oral sex.

-Added one new variant to doggystyle sex.

-Added one new variant to missionary sex.

-Added three pieces of placeholder art to the game.

Public A4 Build (Free Build):

Patreon A5 Build ($1 Pledge Version):

Patreon A5 CHEAT Build ($5 Pledge Version):

3.30 star(s) 19 Votes