Incest Patch

Judge007

Mar 9, 2019
hello, i have two questions about incest patches.
how developers avoid being suspended for incest content by patreon? how incest patches works?

HO_Dude

Jan 15, 2019
Devs usually swap out all the incest with not-really-believable "roommate-landlady-friend" versions to not get banned on patreon.

On the technical side, the easiest way is to just write both lines all the time under an "if" clause and check whether the incest patch is present:
Python:
if incest_patch:
    mc "Hi, sis!"
else:
    mc "Hi, Mary!"

Judge007

Mar 9, 2019
Devs usually swap out all the incest with not-really-believable "roommate-landlady-friend" versions to not get banned on patreon.

On the technical side, the easiest way is to just write both lines all the time under an "if" clause and check whether the incest patch is present:
Python:
if incest_patch:
    mc "Hi, sis!"
else:
    mc "Hi, Mary!"
thanks for answer.

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020

Python:
if incest_patch:
    mc "Hi, sis!"
else:
    mc "Hi, Mary!"
I'm not a programmer, but wouldn't it be easier to make "sis" a variable? Which could be unlocked either via a patch or by user input?

It would save a lot of lines of code, and it doesn't require a new patch for every version.

I'm quite sure a lot of games actually work like this.

Studio702

Aug 7, 2019
I recall one developer simply addin a single sentance after the introduction, simply saying something like, "Oh by the way, you are adopted." Of course the player knows to ignore it as the game is meant to be played with incest. I dont remember if it lasted long or if Patreon still took down the game.