• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Daz Blender Importing Invisible Object Into Daz

Impious Monk

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2021
I bought a 3D asset from CG Trader that came with an .obj, an .fbx, and an .max, plus a Texture folder. The asset is a wardrobe filled with clothing and other items.

I imported the .obj into Daz and at first it was invisible. Turned out the cutout opacity was set to 0 by default, so I fixed that and it became visible.

I wasn't able to select all of the surfaces (clothing, shoes, boxes, etc.) individually to set their textures, so I thought to try importing from Blender instead.

I imported the .fbx file into Blender (it was visible in Blender) and then exported it as a new .obj file. Then I imported that new .obj file into Daz. It worked, I can now select all of the individual surfaces, but there's a new problem: the entire asset is permanently invisible. I set the cutout opacity to 100 but it's still invisible.

My only idea is that there is a setting which is being imported into Blender along with the .fbx file which doesn't render the asset invisible in Blender, but somehow that setting does make the asset invisible in Daz, and when I export from Blender to Daz that setting becomes permanently set. But I have no idea what that setting might be.

I have next to zero experience with Blender, so I don't know my way around surface settings at all.

Any ideas?

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
You can import the fbx into Daz, no need for blender. Not saying it will work but try that first.

Reactions: Impious Monk

Impious Monk

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2021
You can import the fbx into Daz, no need for blender. Not saying it will work but try that first.
Thanks mickydoo, I actually did not know that! Importing the fbx does fix the invisibility problem, although it scatters the individuals pieces of the asset all over the place, so it'll take a while to put all this stuff back together, but at least it's visible! Thanks for the tip.