I'm Disappointed with the State of NTR RPG Games Nowadays

rcool

May 13, 2021
I probably went through most of the games about 1-2 years ago, and most of these new releases are not enjoyable. Why can't the developers grasp such a simple concept? People want to play as a male protagonist and witness the action unfold in real time. NTR and voyeurism are intertwined; you can't create a good NTR game without integrating voyeurism. This is something I appreciate about Ren'Py games; many feature real-time NTR rather than a delayed cutscene. I also dislike the silent protagonist approach; giving the main character choices, allowing the player to opt for silence or dialogue, would be better. Also it is so much hotter when the FMC cheats on the mc because she is not satisfied or bored with MC (basically consensual) versus when she gets raped or blackmailed(This is just personal preference although i still play those type of games as well. I also dont like the ones where only if you lose you get ntr.

Another issue is the proliferation of female protagonist NTR games, which are not enjoyable for me. While I respect that some might enjoy these, the majority of male NTR fans prefer a male protagonist. I regard the best NTR games of all time as including "Scars of Summer," any NTR game from Avantgarde (goated), "Boy Hero Ken" (RIP developer), and any NTR game from GapTax (goated). "OneCoin" is also really good.

"Man Who Fell for a Knightess Whore Has His Cuckoldry Fetish Deepen [v1.0] [Suzuya]" was exceptional, but unfortunately, Suzuya hasn't made a better NTR game since then, in my opinion. "QOS - Wife 1 and 2," though by separate developers, satisfies the craving. "Yuri & Claire" was exceptional. "Engraved Pleasure" was pretty good, though it falls into the trap of the bad cutscene mechanic without the voyeurism. "Yuka: Scattered Shards of the Yokai," while not explicitly marketed as NTR, is exceptional. Studio Sirocco is decent, especially their girlfriend game.

I was interested in "NTR Adventurer Alisa" by [Rain Shelter Frog] because the developer seems promising, but the translation didn't meet my satisfaction (no disrespect to translators; I still have immense respect for all the free work you do for this community). Also, did anyone play "NTR Knight"? It was such a disappointment. The art and everything else is top-tier, but the mechanics were terrible. The female character doesn't even acknowledge the main character, or the main character doesn't acknowledge the NTR, making it bland. Their previous game might have even been better in the ntr mechanic."Nebel Neigsteir" was overly complicated for no reason, but their "Spirit Squeezing Devil's 5 Day Long Orgasm Denial Game" was pretty good. "Nymphomania Priestess" is good but not there yet.

I'm pleased that we are getting a netori tag soon. I respect netori enjoyers, but I dislike netori games disguised as NTR games to attract larger audiences. If developers focus on one aspect and do it well, people will enjoy the game like Scars of Summer or Ntraholic(not my style but looks solid). Then you have games like "Daily Life in Jeopardy," with an elaborate backstory and too many cutscenes. It’s more engaging to play rather than watch continuous cutscenes. "Sunset of Purity" wasn’t bad but felt underdeveloped, with the NTR mechanic and day system needing improvement. I don’t have an opinion on Fujino as I prefer 2D art games over 3D ones; 2D art is just better in my view.

There are developers like Wandowando who seem like a cheap NTR game factory, among others quick to jump on the NTR bandwagon without truly understanding it, which reflects in their work. And then there's "NTRPG Priestess" with disturbing art. Honestly, it seems like hardly anyone enjoys this, maybe just 1%. I do respect "Henteria Chronicles" for its art/design and story, but it’s not for me. It relies too heavily on long, tedious cutscenes rather than real-time events, with a lot of focus on the male characters, which isn’t my preference.

I'm curious what other NTR enjoyers think and rant over and also i only play English translated games. Also did not mention western ntr games there are too many. A lot are good and understand the concept really well but end up unfinished.

Last edited:

Geegee112

May 25, 2021
Amen. Amen. There is a huge difference in dynamic when it comes to a male protagonist NTR game and a Free-use/Public-use female protagonist game. Honestly I've jumped off the RPGmaker NTR games for a while now, a lot of them are copy-paste when it comes to the female designs and don't get me started on the censored games. I myself have switched over to western games in general but finding a quality NTR game is tough because either it has to be specifically NTR focused or the Dev has to be based enough to not listen to the people crying about NTR being a CHOICE in the game.

Yeah for me the acknowledgment of the NTR by either or both the Protagonist and female is the hottest part!
"MC-kun, do you feel how loose and used my pussy is? It'll never be tight again, I can barely feel your small cock!"
Instantly shooting rope

How do you feel about sharing/swinging content?

Reactions: 1234Paul

crnisl

Dec 23, 2018
Also it is so much hotter when the FMC cheats on the mc because she is not satisfied or bored with MC (basically consensual) versus when she gets raped or blackmailed
It's an interesting idea... Actually, I like blackmail per se, but this not-satisfied theme, yes, there's something fundamental about that, reminds me this dream from Eyes Wide Shut and makes me recall this old request

But is there a game where it's made well enough?

What about Netoria Tactics: Revolution? Kinda fitting to what you like. But tbh, I found the gameplay bothersome and just watched the events in the recollection room.
What about Chainsaw Man: Hot Spring Travel?

P.S.
Do you want to be a change you want to see in the world, and make a game yourself? I kinda wanted for several years, but I have never had a partners in this crime.

n0Yx

Mar 23, 2019
If you don't mind play untranslated games and the ntr/mom subgenre you can try mamahame from ANIM and the two games of yukaris indiscreet mother from rascou in both games you play as the male protagonist that is ntred and exists choices than affects the course of the plot.

Reactions: 1234Paul

rcool

May 13, 2021
Amen. Amen. There is a huge difference in dynamic when it comes to a male protagonist NTR game and a Free-use/Public-use female protagonist game. Honestly I've jumped off the RPGmaker NTR games for a while now, a lot of them are copy-paste when it comes to the female designs and don't get me started on the censored games. I myself have switched over to western games in general but finding a quality NTR game is tough because either it has to be specifically NTR focused or the Dev has to be based enough to not listen to the people crying about NTR being a CHOICE in the game.

Yeah for me the acknowledgment of the NTR by either or both the Protagonist and female is the hottest part!
"MC-kun, do you feel how loose and used my pussy is? It'll never be tight again, I can barely feel your small cock!"
Instantly shooting rope

How do you feel about sharing/swinging content?
I think swinging/sharing is great. I've played a few NTR games where it starts with NTR, and then the pathetic MC finds out about the NTR and would rather share his girl than lose her. The girl also teases the MC and may mention what she did, or the MC notices signs of the NTR, and even better if the girl doesn't bother hiding what she did. I think this type is definitely intense and makes for great NTR. If you are talking about netorase from the start of the game, it is not bad, but it doesn't hit the same way as the previous scenario. I think the netorase mechanic should never be unlocked in the beginning as it ruins the fun and is not as intense. It is nice seeing an eventual netorase. First, show the MC and FMC together. Then slowly the FMC gets dissatisfied with the MC; the MC may or may not realize it, then one of them suggests netorase. At first, the MC doesn't like it but then later does. This would be good. If you have not played it, "Man Who Fell for a Knightess Whore Has His Cuckoldry Fetish Deepen v1.0 Suzuya" will satisfy the sharing itch as it starts pretty early on in the game.

It's an interesting idea... Actually, I like blackmail per se, but this not-satisfied theme, yes, there's something fundamental about that, reminds me this dream from Eyes Wide Shut and makes me recall this old request

But is there a game where it's made well enough?

What about Netoria Tactics: Revolution? Kinda fitting to what you like. But tbh, I found the gameplay bothersome and just watched the events in the recollection room.
What about Chainsaw Man: Hot Spring Travel?

P.S.
Do you want to be a change you want to see in the world, and make a game yourself? I kinda wanted for several years, but I have never had a partners in this crime.
I agree about Netoria Tactics. The story and art were good, but the gameplay was not satisfying, especially in an NTR way, so the game eliminates both non-NTR and NTR audiences, which is not good for the dev.

I have not tried Chainsaw Man, as my experience with Honey Select 3D art games feels very "cheap." You have to either have a Daz3D or a hand-drawn art (preferred) example, Seed of the Dead 2, any game from karaage-tomato, "Me, My Girlfriend, and Sparklers [v1.0.2] [nikusuke] none of these look appealing." My guess is that all these games are made by cash grab devs. They just want to render the scene first, and then they make the game. The game is just a scene viewer, and there is no passion. At least with the hand-drawn JRPG games, you can feel the passion and effort put into it. AI art is another thing that worries me; we are going to see a flood of cash grab games once it becomes more accessible. I don't have anything against AI art.

About making the game, I'm sure we could make a good NTR game as we actually care and understand the appeal of it, but I will personally cringe and feel ashamed making it the whole time, I hate to say. The Scars of Summer dev has gotten mental issues and stress from making an NTR game as he has mentioned in his blog. But I feel as long as Avantgarde and GapTax are making games, we should be fine, but when they disappear, we are screwed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Geegee112

rcool

May 13, 2021
If you don't mind play untranslated games and the ntr/mom subgenre you can try mamahame from ANIM and the two games of yukaris indiscreet mother from rascou in both games you play as the male protagonist that is ntred and exists choices than affects the course of the plot.
Interestingly, there is a lot of VN mom NTR, but not much NTR in RPG games.

I'm a fan of mom NTR, but the genre is not always well executed enough. "My Hunting Adventure Time v0.11.4 Everkyun" is the standard, I feel; maybe not the art, but the story and gameplay.

There is definitely a rising demand. Interestingly, there are two recent releases for this, https://f95zone.to/threads/even-bra...-he-loves-for-a-debt-v1-0-arukutsuuru.203356/ which looks okay.

"NTR RPG Ochikano - Please Tell Me Why You, Who Used to Be Just Mine, Became a Woman v1.05 Engawamania" is actually really innovative with the NTR. It has an immersive phone system and features a lot of real-time events instead of going into your room and reminiscing (boring). I haven't played it much so didn't mention it in the post. It technically has mom NTR where the father steals your harem and has sex with 3 women who feel like they are related. They are not related to you but it scratches the itch. It does bring up one disappointment about ntr games. I wish i could do multiple routes at once instead of playing the game multiple times. It is also more immersive if you could do multiple route at once.

Actually, NTRMAN is also a pioneer of this genre and executes it well, although I'm not sure if he is moving away from it. Autonoe makes mom NTR, but I feel if he had an older MC, he would sell more. I don't think there is much overlap between NTR enjoyers and shota enjoyers. I'm also not a big fan of shota NTR. "Four Seasons" and "QOS MILF" are not bad. "Mother NTR Training" I think took things from 0 to 100 really fast, and they already started torturing the mother. I feel like he got it right at the beginning, but the pacing was not good. It should be a really gradual NTR and not a sudden personality flip, out-of-character NTR. Torture should be endgame NTR.

I will check the games you mentioned...

n0Yx

Mar 23, 2019
Interestingly, there is a lot of VN mom NTR, but not much NTR in RPG games.

I'm a fan of mom NTR, but the genre is not always well executed enough. "My Hunting Adventure Time v0.11.4 Everkyun" is the standard, I feel; maybe not the art, but the story and gameplay.

There is definitely a rising demand. Interestingly, there are two recent releases for this, https://f95zone.to/threads/even-bra...-he-loves-for-a-debt-v1-0-arukutsuuru.203356/ which looks okay.

"NTR RPG Ochikano - Please Tell Me Why You, Who Used to Be Just Mine, Became a Woman v1.05 Engawamania" is actually really innovative with the NTR. It has an immersive phone system and features a lot of real-time events instead of going into your room and reminiscing (boring). I haven't played it much so didn't mention it in the post. It technically has mom NTR where the father steals your harem and has sex with 3 women who feel like they are related. They are not related to you but it scratches the itch. It does bring up one disappointment about ntr games. I wish i could do multiple routes at once instead of playing the game multiple times. It is also more immersive if you could do multiple route at once.

Actually, NTRMAN is also a pioneer of this genre and executes it well, although I'm not sure if he is moving away from it. Autonoe makes mom NTR, but I feel if he had an older MC, he would sell more. I don't think there is much overlap between NTR enjoyers and shota enjoyers. I'm also not a big fan of shota NTR. "Four Seasons" and "QOS MILF" are not bad. "Mother NTR Training" I think took things from 0 to 100 really fast, and they already started torturing the mother. I feel like he got it right at the beginning, but the pacing was not good. It should be a really gradual NTR and not a sudden personality flip, out-of-character NTR. Torture should be endgame NTR.

I will check the games you mentioned...
well ntr games in rpg games exists but don't expect a good quality in the artistic field, some example is ntrrpg mean while the concept of all your family being corrupted by the antagonists and treason you is not common the artistic style is too crude, and if you want an mc with more age maybe you can try the classic vndb starless almost all the endings are bad but for me the game did a good work in the develop the relationship with the main female character and let that you choices change the story of the game, and taimanin yukikaze 2 from lilith have the same structure that ntrman games first you play as the main protagonist and later you play a run that shows what happened to the main female character.

rcool

May 13, 2021

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Why can't the developers grasp such a simple concept? People want to play as a male protagonist and witness the action unfold in real time. NTR and voyeurism are intertwined; you can't create a good NTR game without integrating voyeurism.
That's literally just your own preference lol. Whether it be male MC or female MC, many NTR fans want the focus on the female corruption. The "voyeur" aspect is fine when it's like Boy Hero Ken or Gaptax stuff where the MC still remains oblivious, but that's not really voyeurism. The MC just acts as a cursor for the player and plays the role of unaware cuck. I vehemently reject the notion that voyeur is intimately tied to NTR. That's more of a western cuckoldry thing.

ascoo

Apr 16, 2020
I probably went through most of the games about 1-2 years ago, and most of these new releases are not enjoyable. Why can't the developers grasp such a simple concept? People want to play as a male protagonist and witness the action unfold in real time. NTR and voyeurism are intertwined; you can't create a good NTR game without integrating voyeurism. This is something I appreciate about Ren'Py games; many feature real-time NTR rather than a delayed cutscene. I also dislike the silent protagonist approach; giving the main character choices, allowing the player to opt for silence or dialogue, would be better. Also it is so much hotter when the FMC cheats on the mc because she is not satisfied or bored with MC (basically consensual) versus when she gets raped or blackmailed(This is just personal preference although i still play those type of games as well. I also dont like the ones where only if you lose you get ntr.

Another issue is the proliferation of female protagonist NTR games, which are not enjoyable for me. While I respect that some might enjoy these, the majority of male NTR fans prefer a male protagonist. I regard the best NTR games of all time as including "Scars of Summer," any NTR game from Avantgarde (goated), "Boy Hero Ken" (RIP developer), and any NTR game from GapTax (goated). "OneCoin" is also really good.

"Man Who Fell for a Knightess Whore Has His Cuckoldry Fetish Deepen [v1.0] [Suzuya]" was exceptional, but unfortunately, Suzuya hasn't made a better NTR game since then, in my opinion. "QOS - Wife 1 and 2," though by separate developers, satisfies the craving. "Yuri & Claire" was exceptional. "Engraved Pleasure" was pretty good, though it falls into the trap of the bad cutscene mechanic without the voyeurism. "Yuka: Scattered Shards of the Yokai," while not explicitly marketed as NTR, is exceptional. Studio Sirocco is decent, especially their girlfriend game.

I was interested in "NTR Adventurer Alisa" by [Rain Shelter Frog] because the developer seems promising, but the translation didn't meet my satisfaction (no disrespect to translators; I still have immense respect for all the free work you do for this community). Also, did anyone play "NTR Knight"? It was such a disappointment. The art and everything else is top-tier, but the mechanics were terrible. The female character doesn't even acknowledge the main character, or the main character doesn't acknowledge the NTR, making it bland. Their previous game might have even been better in the ntr mechanic."Nebel Neigsteir" was overly complicated for no reason, but their "Spirit Squeezing Devil's 5 Day Long Orgasm Denial Game" was pretty good. "Nymphomania Priestess" is good but not there yet.

I'm pleased that we are getting a netori tag soon. I respect netori enjoyers, but I dislike netori games disguised as NTR games to attract larger audiences. If developers focus on one aspect and do it well, people will enjoy the game like Scars of Summer or Ntraholic(not my style but looks solid). Then you have games like "Daily Life in Jeopardy," with an elaborate backstory and too many cutscenes. It’s more engaging to play rather than watch continuous cutscenes. "Sunset of Purity" wasn’t bad but felt underdeveloped, with the NTR mechanic and day system needing improvement. I don’t have an opinion on Fujino as I prefer 2D art games over 3D ones; 2D art is just better in my view.

There are developers like Wandowando who seem like a cheap NTR game factory, among others quick to jump on the NTR bandwagon without truly understanding it, which reflects in their work. And then there's "NTRPG Priestess" with disturbing art. Honestly, it seems like hardly anyone enjoys this, maybe just 1%. I do respect "Henteria Chronicles" for its art/design and story, but it’s not for me. It relies too heavily on long, tedious cutscenes rather than real-time events, with a lot of focus on the male characters, which isn’t my preference.

I'm curious what other NTR enjoyers think and rant over and also i only play English translated games. Also did not mention western ntr games there are too many. A lot are good and understand the concept really well but end up unfinished.
these are some good titles/developer, thank you

Sep 26, 2023
I probably went through most of the games about 1-2 years ago, and most of these new releases are not enjoyable. Why can't the developers grasp such a simple concept? People want to play as a male protagonist and witness the action unfold in real time. NTR and voyeurism are intertwined; you can't create a good NTR game without integrating voyeurism.
In some way, the player is himself the voyeur :WeSmart: