• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Illusion games discussion thread.

Zanders

Mar 24, 2020
Thanks for making this! We could probably start things up with the eternal battle of HS1 fans Vs. HS2 fans. Personally, I like HS2, but I didn't find it to be groundbreaking enough to leave behind, now, around 300 gigs of mods for HS1. With IBL and LRE, I'm very happy with the results I get on HS1. Vanilla HS1 is crap, I'll give anyone that, but vanilla HS2 is pretty close to what we can do with IBL/LRE, so, like I said, not enough to justify the jump. I'll wait for HS3 before considering leaving HS1 behind.

Discuss.

Apr 17, 2020
Thanks for making this! We could probably start things up with the eternal battle of HS1 fans Vs. HS2 fans. Personally, I like HS2, but I didn't find it to be groundbreaking enough to leave behind, now, around 300 gigs of mods for HS1. With IBL and LRE, I'm very happy with the results I get on HS1. Vanilla HS1 is crap, I'll give anyone that, but vanilla HS2 is pretty close to what we can do with IBL/LRE, so, like I said, not enough to justify the jump. I'll wait for HS3 before considering leaving HS1 behind.

Discuss.
No problem, I feel the same way.

Reactions: Zanders

Zanders

Mar 24, 2020
I like HS1 Obviously cuz mods. I'm "variety" kinda guy. Games that based on sensuality as premise gets stale quick, only variety of content aka mods can keep the game alive.
Agreed. I learned of HS1 years ago as just a game and didn't pay it much attention, but once I saw a Studio NEO tutorial, and the things it could do, I realized HS1 was a lot more than I thought it was. Ever since then I've been working with it, and will only stop working with it once something A LOT better comes around. Sadly, to me, HS2 is not it.

Reactions: ai9999

Agreyan

Apr 29, 2020
HS2 need some time but im scared that before things get spicy enough to swich to HS2 they will make a better one so for now i will stick with HS1 just for the quantity of the mod, is basically like Skyrim LE and Skyrim SE.

Reactions: Zanders

Mimir's Lab

Game Developer
Sep 30, 2019
I haven't touched HS1's studio yet but some of the results that people of the community get with their creations are pretty amazing, though I don't know how much skill was involved to get there. I'll throw in my hat for HS2 though so that this doesn't become a circle jerk for HS1.

The obvious things that HS2 does better are the lighting and base character models. It's built on a newer version of Unity so it has access to the lighting effects that come built in. One of the lighting mods (Graphics) gives the users the power to tweak said lighting but it's pretty indepth so it might turn off the casual user. As for character models, it's not extremely restrictive like HS1 is where the default character's features are so strong that no matter what character you create, they all bear striking resemblance to the original. This means it's hard to make a girl that isn't Japanese unless you are importing faces from another game (Roy12). Here are two of my own characters which I dare say, look completely different from your usual HS2 characters.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But the improvements to character models doesn't stop there. There's some new experimental stuff that pushes the character appearance to insane levels that imo rivals even Daz3D models. It changes the way skin is rendered and how light bounces and scatters across the skin. Compare the previous example with this one and look at the difference it makes in the appearance.

Now it's arguable whether that's an objective improvement or just a lateral one as you do loose a bit of the "charm" in having less realistic and more stylized faces. Here's another set showing the differences in nude bodies so you can decide for yourself.

Overall, I think HS1 has the major advantage when it comes to size of community and number of mods, but HS2 objectively has way more potential than HS1 does. There are way fewer modders in HS2 than HS1 and I hope with time that changes, but I feel like the few that are with us are putting in god's work to push the boundaries in HS2, even if that means we are getting fewer studio items and character stuff.

Agreyan

Apr 29, 2020
Cool comparison i can see your point about the base model as is show in the last picture looks much more realistic but still a bit like sex doll for how the light goes through the skin, you can notice that on the hands.

Zanders

Mar 24, 2020
Very cool HS2 samples, and I'll agree with anyone that says that HS2 IS better than HS1. Has better graphics, better lighting, etc. It IS better, no questions asked. Just not THAT better that it would justify leaving behind the giant amount of mods for HS1, that's all I'm saying in the end. And like someone else said, by the time HS2 has a sizable amount of mods, probably HS3 or another game at that level will be up.

If I can change the topic a little bit, how do you guys organize your coordinate cards? I've gone back and forth with putting them in folders like "slutty", "school", "gothic", "modest", etc... to then reorganize everything and just separating them by colors (so i don't have to recolor entire outfits when I want a character using a different outfit), and then scrap that idea and kind of going back to "sports", "cosplay", etc. I'd like to know how you go around organizing all that.

ai9999

Apr 2, 2020
Relying on graphics alone is premature which obviously gonna improve with the later titles. I think what matters most is the quality of the content. Illusion should have released AIS and waited awhile till 2022 at least which gives a chance to AIS modding community grow and better graphics technology to arrive to the market. Instead what we got is a lazy rehash, sure graphics are better, that's most noob casual way to justify a game. I mean Last of us II has better graphics than Last of us 1, is it a better game? I expected more sensual positions and somewhat modding support compatible to HS1 with HS 2 shame it became a disappointment. The greed is not something you can hide. I expect/want more realistic body mesh improvements and things I listed before from HS3.

Apr 17, 2020
Relying on graphics alone is premature which obviously gonna improve with the later titles. I think what matters most is the quality of the content. Illusion should have released AIS and waited awhile till 2022 at least which gives a chance to AIS modding community grow and better graphics technology to arrive to the market. Instead what we got is a lazy rehash, sure graphics are better, that's most noob casual way to justify a game. I mean Last of us II has better graphics than Last of us 1, is it a better game? I expected more sensual positions and somewhat modding support compatible to HS1 with HS 2 shame it became a disappointment. The greed is not something you can hide. I expect/want more realistic body mesh improvements and things I listed before from HS3.
^This

Reactions: ai9999

ai9999

Apr 2, 2020
So what do you guys think about every illusion game you played (individually), How do you rate them and Why?. Here's mine

HS 1- Probably the first illusion game I've played and enjoyed a lot.
AIS - A pleasant surprise enjoyed majority of content but not as much as HS 1.
KK - Somewhat satisfying but Anime setting kinda set me off.
PH - Played it but can't give an opinion with solid consciousness. I recommend not to play this game.

HS2- did't hated or liked it but the concept that it was based kinda pisses me off, TBH didn't played enough to give an opinion. I was hoping to play it more after I bought the new PC, Currently not gonna happen cause I'm gonna buy a PS5 and Xbox X cuz PC players receive an second hand treatment in the gaming industry recently. I can't stand this sh*t anymore.

Last edited:

Zanders

Mar 24, 2020
HS1: use it to this day.
AIS: finished the game when it came out (when you couldn't go to the new island), uninstalled it, never played it again.
PH: Played it, not into rape, uninstalled it.
Real Kanojo: graphics too dated, uninstalled it.
HS2: Better than HS1, but not enough to switch.
Rapelay: couldn't get past the first scene, but even though I'm not into rape, I liked the characters.

joecoe

Jun 14, 2018
I have to say that I'd rather see something like Artificial Girl 4. The only improvement of Illusion games since the days of Artificial girl 3 is the visual side, but after a while, each of the illusion games becomes terribly boring.
The closest to the Artificial girl series is probably AIS, but it's not evolution in the right direction.
It would be great if they made some progress in the AI of girls and all the behavior of girls would not be so predictable and repetitive.
Even in free roam illusion games girls are controlled by simple scripts rather than something resembling artificial intelligence.

おい!

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2018
I still have a soft spot for Artificial Girl 3 and with a bit of skill you can create some great mods https://f95zone.to/threads/artificial-girl-3-appreciation-nsfw.20373/post-1263421 for example
1) It is the only Illusion game where each female can have a different labia.
2) Furries can have 4 toes and 4 fingers.
As I used to say you are only limited by your imagination, I am even thinking of re-installing it and getting back in creating again.

May 31, 2018
I’m hoping whatever illusion does next has a bit more gameplay to it, at least AA2 level. It’s probably my favorite illusion game so far.

When it comes to illusion though, mods are the #1 thing- which I honestly hate, because practically every time I grab a card I find out I need to download 30 mods from virus invested sites to get it to work, and at that point I’m not even horny anymore. Customization wise, I think they should focus on covering all the base stuff and then working from there.

Zanders

Mar 24, 2020
So I'm wondering if all of us HS1 loyalists will soon be seen as we now see all those users (specially Japanese) that are still only using and creating mods for PlayClub. I mean, I'm still not even sure what's the appeal of that game when you compare it to HS1, but I'm sure the same could be said about HS1 from the HS2 stans. It looks like PlayClub allowed you to have custom animations in the main game, and apparently had a lot of 4P positions, something that HS1 never had.

In the end, the only reason I don't use HS2 is because, first, I still have an old computer and, second, I don't feel HS2 was much of an improvement over HS1 to justify making the switch. But even then, if I was from the PlayClub era, I wonder if I would still feel the same way. Like, even if HS3 comes out, there will still be people sticking to HS1 and never making the upgrade?

Would like know what you guys think about this.

ai9999

Apr 2, 2020
HS 1 is my favorite, come to think of it. HS1, HS 2 and AIS has different sensual positions and features unique to each game. I think all three are kind of same. never played play club so that's that.