d0rky

Dec 23, 2018
All story dialogue is edited at various quality levels(all routes). No crashes related to my patch but you should know the AGE(arc game engine) version for this game is buggy. Go to EXTRA\ifallelsefails and EXTRA\fixvideosettings to read more.

There was a bug with an old version of the BIN decompiler assigning wrong addresses(labels) when doing conditional jumps that needed manual fixing when you changed the line length of the bin file. The new one I got from kelebek1 at the fuwanovel forums is rock solid though. It's the one in the tool folder, but it's a year old and kelebek1 has probably updated it since then to work on even newer versions of the AGE. Go to to learn more.

Last edited:

ushoran

Apr 19, 2018
So correct me if I'm wrong, but it's possible to get a proper translation in 2 years?
Provided I dont get hit by a car, that I dont lose my job that gives me enough free time, that I keep a good rythm and that the game is interresting enough to my friend that he requests I continue to translate (Zero was but who knows for Verita)... yes.

ushoran

Apr 19, 2018
All story dialogue is edited at various quality levels(all routes). No crashes related to my patch(have made similar patches for Ladea Memoria and Princess General 2 so I'm pretty experienced with the virtual machine code of various versions of the engine) but you should know the AGE(arc game engine) version for this game is buggy. Go to EXTRA\ifallelsefails and EXTRA\fixvideosettings to read more.

There was a bug with an old version of the BIN decompiler assigning wrong addresses(labels) when doing conditional jumps that needed manual fixing when you changed the line length of the bin file. The new one I got from kelebek1 at the fuwanovel forums is rock solid though. It's the one in the tool folder, but it's a year old and kelebek1 has probably updated it since then to work on even newer versions of the AGE. Go to to learn more.

Do you remember if there was a way to change the font size? One of the big limit I have is the limit of characters. Being able to reduce font size would help some times.

ushoran

Apr 19, 2018
So, for those interested here are the files for the translation of the prologue just copy paste the .bins to the root game folder.

So, just a heads up so I wont get spammed like last time:
-I know the game, the interface trad and most people write the protagist's name Celica. I just cant stand it for multiple reasons. One of them being: when I first played the game it was completely in katakana, I decided to use the char for a table RPG and I wrote it Selika. I used it for decades and my brain cant accept to type it Celica.
Since I will only translate the dialogues there will be discrepancies between the interface and the text and since the interface was not translated by me I wont allow myself to modify it. Although I wont care one bit if someone decides to modify my files to match the interface, I just wont do it myself.

-I know the narrator in the game is usually Selika himself (they use "I"). However, this intradiegetic narrator often knows things and comments on things that Selika himself do not know which makes no sense. This narrator sometimes changes to be extradiegetic or to be another char (at least in Zero it was the case) and I find it unpleasant to read in english. Therefore I decided the narrator to be external to the universe and only when it serves a purpose I will put inner monologues in brakets ( ). For the same reason I used the past tense while the original text is at the present tense.

-Sometimes I will add/modify to the original text because I either find it bone dry, too repetitive (japanese narration does like repetitions, in english it tends to be hard to deal with). My main goal is to make this pleasant to read for a friend.

I can also add information if a scene lacks context (for example suicide is not necessarily negative in Jap culture, sepukku is a way to redeem yourself therefore it makes sense to them to ask: "why chose death over suicide?" For most of us, it makes little sense.

If you find a piece of untranslated or MTL that I missed and you want it translated (if you dont care, you know what to do) just try to reload a save prior to this event and save right before it then post the save. Please use the first page of saves (I use the other pages to avoid replaying the game too many times)

You can technically play this game without doing Ikusa Megami Zero first... but well there are just too many references and plots that actually began in the first game. And the main character, if you dont have the context of the first game, it's hard to understand him.

u0041AC30 is font size
By the way, I did not manage to change the font size. When I modify the number after u0041AC30 (16 by default) nothing happens (actually nothing happens if I modify any parameter in the paragraph)
Do I have to change something in the engine or is it the 0041AC30 address itself that need to be modified?

Reactions: kharza

kaizoman

Jan 15, 2019
installing this is pretty much impossible.
the listed guide doesnt help.

1. "install the game" theres 4 folders. which one has the exe. whats the exes name. where do i install it?
2. install append 1-3... okay. where? what folder? cause all 3 give me an error and i tried them in EVERY SINGLE FOLDER
3. install the update 2.0... again where? how? it doesnt work.
4. install the translation. WHERE!? the thing has a million files in it AND ONCE AGAIN NO EXE!!!

this is a mess. some instructions that are actually helpful would be greatly appreciate

Reactions: Smashbound

aphrodi7eee

Feb 11, 2020
installing this is pretty much impossible.
the listed guide doesnt help.

1. "install the game" theres 4 folders. which one has the exe. whats the exes name. where do i install it?
2. install append 1-3... okay. where? what folder? cause all 3 give me an error and i tried them in EVERY SINGLE FOLDER
3. install the update 2.0... again where? how? it doesnt work.
4. install the translation. WHERE!? the thing has a million files in it AND ONCE AGAIN NO EXE!!!

this is a mess. some instructions that are actually helpful would be greatly appreciate
i dont know what you are talking about..
this game works good for me.
i downloaded the full version, it is an ISO file. so, you need program to use an ISO. and copy and overwrite the patch file inside the ISO to the install folder.
are you a newbie or something? ISO is pretty much common in the world of gamers.. :V

kaizoman

Jan 15, 2019
i dont know what you are talking about..
this game works good for me.
i downloaded the full version, it is an ISO file. so, you need program to use an ISO. and copy and overwrite the patch file inside the ISO to the install folder.
are you a newbie or something? ISO is pretty much common in the world of gamers.. :V
there is no iso file for me to mount.

DragooMind

Feb 2, 2019
All story dialogue is edited at various quality levels(all routes). No crashes related to my patch(have made similar patches for Ladea Memoria and Princess General 2 so I'm pretty experienced with the virtual machine code of various versions of the engine) but you should know the AGE(arc game engine) version for this game is buggy. Go to EXTRA\ifallelsefails and EXTRA\fixvideosettings to read more.

Hey you said you did a patch for Ladea Memoria? Could you link me to it?

DragooMind

Feb 2, 2019
So, for those interested here are the files for the translation of the prologue just copy paste the .bins to the root game folder.

So, just a heads up so I wont get spammed like last time:
-I know the game, the interface trad and most people write the protagist's name Celica. I just cant stand it for multiple reasons. One of them being: when I first played the game it was completely in katakana, I decided to use the char for a table RPG and I wrote it Selika. I used it for decades and my brain cant accept to type it Celica.
Since I will only translate the dialogues there will be discrepancies between the interface and the text and since the interface was not translated by me I wont allow myself to modify it. Although I wont care one bit if someone decides to modify my files to match the interface, I just wont do it myself.

-I know the narrator in the game is usually Selika himself (they use "I"). However, this intradiegetic narrator often knows things and comments on things that Selika himself do not know which makes no sense. This narrator sometimes changes to be extradiegetic or to be another char (at least in Zero it was the case) and I find it unpleasant to read in english. Therefore I decided the narrator to be external to the universe and only when it serves a purpose I will put inner monologues in brakets ( ). For the same reason I used the past tense while the original text is at the present tense.

-Sometimes I will add/modify to the original text because I either find it bone dry, too repetitive (japanese narration does like repetitions, in english it tends to be hard to deal with). My main goal is to make this pleasant to read for a friend.

I can also add information if a scene lacks context (for example suicide is not necessarily negative in Jap culture, sepukku is a way to redeem yourself therefore it makes sense to them to ask: "why chose death over suicide?" For most of us, it makes little sense.

If you find a piece of untranslated or MTL that I missed and you want it translated (if you dont care, you know what to do) just try to reload a save prior to this event and save right before it then post the save. Please use the first page of saves (I use the other pages to avoid replaying the game too many times)

You can technically play this game without doing Ikusa Megami Zero first... but well there are just too many references and plots that actually began in the first game. And the main character, if you dont have the context of the first game, it's hard to understand him.

By the way, I did not manage to change the font size. When I modify the number after u0041AC30 (16 by default) nothing happens (actually nothing happens if I modify any parameter in the paragraph)
Do I have to change something in the engine or is it the 0041AC30 address itself that need to be modified?
The link is down, can you reupload it?

Wakabayashi

Sep 12, 2018
can anyone tell how good is this MTL ??

I've played Zero already , and i don't have high standards either.

Guka

Oct 18, 2019
how does one find the directory in the Ikusa Megami VERITA can someone please tell how.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote