• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

If you could resume the development of ONE abandone game, which one would it be ?

MiraiTrunks

Feb 27, 2018
Let's say that you could resume the development of ONE abandoned game and get the final version.
Which one would it be ?

iC4v3M4n

Jul 19, 2020
Good topic! I'll go with The Second Half

I really liked the game personally, but after announcing in a post on patreon he was diagnosed with cancer the dev went radio silent and as far as i know nobody really knows what happened to him. So here's hoping he's still out there somewhere and doing well

massifteetees

Apr 5, 2020
Summertime Saga. I would put an update to lift the abandoned tag and then sit around as the money comes in.

Serious answers:
Haramase Simulator. Very fun game with silly writing. It's been abandoned for a long time. It was made by a loose team of developers.

Mystic Ville. Cute game, above average art. Never received enough support it deserved somehow, after 3 years the dev gave up.

Bonerdale. Had a promising start, and good art. But somehow abandoned not long after.

Prince of Eden. An island-themed game with a fun artstyle, and an interesting cast of characters.

Edit: I can't read, you said ONE. My bad! Then it has to be Haramase Simulator.

Last edited:

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
Well, I wouldn't resume a development but rather I would want a proper remake in a well done way, there is one game in which I liked the concept itself (Harem wars), basically defeat enemies and increase your harem or be defeated and lose harem members.

What I would have liked to do in that game is:

-First change genre, from RPG to SRPG, I would rather have it made with SRPG studio so that it had a somewhat fire emblem style combat.

-Second I would add a territory map for resources that would let you buy units and stuff, enemies being able to attack your territory and take over...

-Third adding some strategies, like raids that weaken the defense on a territory and are harder to defend but can't capture your characters.

-Fourth a mechanic related to chance of capture, when a character is defeated there is a basic chance to capture her, increased by ally traits, strategies and other elements to become a fairly good chance.

There are many systems that I would also want like a rescue system and a lot more stuff but overall the concept is just that, a SRPG in which the MC wants to conquer all rivals and have a big harem.

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
for most of the cases I can think of I wouldn't take the scumback dev back even if he started paying us.