VN If I want to create my first visual novel, what are the most popular and profitable themes?

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
I started off with games like Fashion Business. Was great at the start but later it became more of chore to me.
My observation is that people seem to love anything that isn't really real like Futa but also harem games.
Everything else seems to be more average.

I never seen it as a business model, but clearly i am more of a dreamer.
Most of those games seems to have every tag i actually hate. Sandbox, Strategy, Sim.... so i assume people like all those elements but with adult content.
But the question is, if that is really what you want.
I listened to IT Roy a while back and he said something like that you need to be active yourself. Always present in your on your discord, communicate, making adds etc.. even then it may not pan out and if it does, it will be probably slow.. 1 patreon, 2... maybe for some time 10. So it's perhaps not just the theme but it probably helps to find the combination of tags that appeal to a large audience.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
A highschool boy with a landlady, and two roommates. One older and one younger.

Edit: Don't ask how it works when you have a younger roommate and yourself still in highschool. Everyone portayed is atleast 18. Obviously.

Bonus points if your dad/landlord is the villain instead of being dead. But he's probably just dead.
Sounds like Dreams of Desire and sure enough, dad/landlord was never to be seen. Hospital if i recall correctly. Was a great game.