VN Ren'Py Ich Will Project [DEMO]

AmazonessKing

Amazoness Entrepreneur
Aug 13, 2019
Today's Devblog. Actually really brief since this was my rest day.

I reworked the sex scene in question, rotated Charlotte a bit so she didn't face the camera completely, and the expression should be more clear now I just realized I made a little mistake in one of the shots, but I will fix it tomorrow. Here 2 more previews:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I also finally finished the clock faces. Although, again, they need some fixing, namelly getting rid of the shadow, although, it does look nice, but it could be my lazy self trying to avoid work:

All what's left to do is some minor visual fixes, like charlotte's textbox being way too solid. Meaning that tomorrow I will focus solely on code. And being that the case, tomorrow is very possible the day I release the demo, with only 1 sex scene and 4 introductory scenes, with most if not everything you've seen so far. There's also some other small stuff I want to add like personalized CTCs for the psyches, and even a way to have the font of the names change on condition.

So if that's the case, I'm really looking forward to that.

Final musical note:

See ya tomorrow.

Reactions: Canto Forte

AmazonessKing

Amazoness Entrepreneur
Aug 13, 2019
Very short devblog: I'm working on the code, and I will continue to do so tomorrow. It's mostly putting things together, and making sure everything work as intended. Hopefully, half the job is done already, so by tomorrow it should be ready. I'm so sure, that I already sent my patreon to revision, meaning that, hopefully, by the time I have the demo up and running, my patreon will be open.

So, see you tomorrow!

AmazonessKing

Amazoness Entrepreneur
Aug 13, 2019
Another very short devblog.
Patreon still has my page under review in order to launch it. However, I'm taking the time to making more revisions to the script and actually play it myself, and thanks to that I found a few bugs here or there. The build is already done and I will upload it tomorrow, patreon or not, so wait for it!

See ya tomorrow.

• Wow

AmazonessKing

Amazoness Entrepreneur
Aug 13, 2019
Another short devblog update:
For some reason, Patreon still has my page under review.
I have the idea of releasing the demo along the launch of the patreon, despite the demo being ready. HOWEVER I'm not losing the time and I've been fleshing the demo, like making new and improved backgrounds and getting rid of old placeholders, trying to get rid of things not relevant in the demo to make it weight less, and also deleting stuff so it doesn't spoil some of the paths I've already done to have the demo being self-contained.
I think I never mentioned this here before, but my game does have a "day/night" cycle, so I need different backgrounds for it. It changes automatically depending on the clock hour. It's pretty neat.

That's all for today. See ya tomorrow.

• Wow

AmazonessKing

Amazoness Entrepreneur
Aug 13, 2019
And this is it. The DEMO is finally live:

Same as my patreon:

Now for the demo: Is an extremely stripped down version of everything I had, example:

There are various reasons for this:
  1. Despite the game being finished, I lack art of most of the game, so I need to get rid of a lot of it for the demo to avoid spoilers.
  2. In order for the demo to work, I need to get rid of paths and labels that are not defined.
  3. I tried to make the demo very light.
So, to put it simple: The demo is only a glimpse of everything I have done already, and the only thing I will need from here on is making a few changes later on, plus, and obviously, making the art myself until I can afford an artist.

That being said, I'm open to any criticism and any bug you can encounter in the demo, please report it.

I really hope you enjoy the demo. I will take a couple of days free, probably till monday, but after that, I will work every day on the game, and deliver updates at the start or end of every month.

Thanks to anyone who was looking forward for this and all of those who posted in this thread. See you very soon.

• Wow

kytee

Dec 17, 2018
Cool, will try it out tomorrow. I'm thinking about making a game in Koikatu too, so it'll be interesting to dissect your demo.

AmazonessKing

Amazoness Entrepreneur
Aug 13, 2019
It's not all that hard, mate. At least the way I'm doing it I'm just doing it like a traditional visual novel. If you want more complicated stuff like animations and the such, it will be harder, if you need any help with the studio, just ask me.

Other than that, I do need to remake stuff like the sprites, really, since originally, they were really rough placeholders.

Reactions: kytee

kytee

Dec 17, 2018
The following are notes that I took while I played the demo, put in order from the start of the demo to the end.

Overall, pretty interesting stuff. The concept seems similar to the Persona games. I'm not sure if the choices to pursue each girl at the start of a new day really matter, as it seems as though the story wants you to explore all of the routes anyways. So it might be better to remove the choices and go the full kinetic novel route. But that's just my thoughts on what I can see from the demo, I don't know if there might be branching choices later on in your story.

AmazonessKing

Amazoness Entrepreneur
Aug 13, 2019
Cool, mate! Appreciate the notes!

That's all for bugs.
I'm not sure if the choices to pursue each girl at the start of a new day really matter, as it seems as though the story wants you to explore all of the routes anyways
It's more of a late game choice thing. You see, you are supposed to pursue each girl specifically, and you can get distracted at least 3 times, if you spread your investigation too much, you get the bad ending, but this does kind of an spoiler meaning: In one of the routes is explained that all routes are interconnected, even if you reach an "ending" within the route, and once you hace unlocked all routes, you will get the harem route. The game will tell you if you are doing good or not, and will always tell you you are going the wrong way if you have not unlocked the routes. This is something I took directly from Imouto Paradise 2.

The reason I'm doing this is so you can have an insight of the other characters before deciding to go into one directly, that way you have present stuff about the other girls while also being able to freely pick wchiever you want, unless you do it way too much. Here's an example of how the code will go in that regard:
I don't know if there might be branching choices later on in your story
Indeed there will be. The game will technically have 2 "stages". One is the investigation, where you can freely pick a girl. And the other one is the route itself properly, that will have a couple of choices and 3 different endings based on those choices. I will make a diagram on how it will work, I hope it isn't too complicated, but it isn't something you are supposed to think about while playing, it's just evident now because it's barebones, or so I hope.

Again, thanks for the reply, mate, I really appreciate it.

Reactions: kytee

kytee

Dec 17, 2018
Sounds like interesting stuff indeed, looking forward to see how you put everything together.

I would offer to help proofread your stuff but I don't have too much free time these days. Maybe you can try asking around the forum.