Ren'Py IA2: Cock Hero Adventure [v.2.4.9] [Tribe]

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes

GamerDaddy

Feb 6, 2023
Anyone else having issues with adventure mode? Besides the typo whenever it says "the succubus begins CASING a spell" the game freezes. I'm using the image pack so I'm not sure what's happening.
that hasnt happen to me yet

justaguy109

Aug 4, 2019
Dear Mac users,
I have asked for help regarding the Mac version not working and got responses from other developers and reliable sources.
Here is the link to the possible fix:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Could someone please confirm that this works? My ticket on this issue is still open, and I'd like to mark it as resolved and let everyone who helped me with it brush their shoulders off. Thanks in advance.
Was able to download the fix version and the game launched correctly on mac. Will report any bugs if there are any

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Tribe

kurtiss

Dec 18, 2017
Very nice game ! Thanks !
Looking forward for future updates, and especially more image/videos packs :D

• Red Heart

Dreyus

Aug 29, 2019
Great little game but need a little more polish. The Images, Videos, Rounds and Break folder were all missing once the game is download. Got a message warming me that leaving will erase all progress not save when I start the adventure mode. There is no metronome sound during video for both the cock hero and adventure mode and even tough there is a text file affirming the contrary, video on the Break folder are use on the adventure mode. Good luck to the creator, this game had a high potential.

And for peoples having crash or freeze during cock hero or adventure mode, you need to create the Rounds and Break folder in the cock hero folder and put your video in them.

GamerDaddy

Feb 6, 2023
Great little game but need a little more polish. The Images, Videos, Rounds and Break folder were all missing once the game is download. Got a message warming me that leaving will erase all progress not save when I start the adventure mode. There is no metronome sound during video for both the cock hero and adventure mode and even tough there is a text file affirming the contrary, video on the Break folder are use on the adventure mode. Good luck to the creator, this game had a high potential.

And for peoples having crash or freeze during cock hero or adventure mode, you need to create the Rounds and Break folder in the cock hero folder and put your video in them.
i had all the files in my d/l i dont remember witch link i used tho

GamerDaddy

Feb 6, 2023
lovin the fact we can add our own vids/pics however when i tried to add different break vids only the one that was already there would play and i tried to add pics and the ones i added never came up

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
lovin the fact we can add our own vids/pics however when i tried to add different break vids only the one that was already there would play and i tried to add pics and the ones i added never came up
Right now, the break function only works with videos. To include images, I'd have to change the focus from playing the entire clip to layered functionality. The original plan was to simply mimic CH breaks, but I'd like to hear what you had in mind as an alternative.

Thank you for bringing up the randomness of the break videos. Not only does it lack the complexity of the other video/image types, but you also have no control over how long you wait for each break. The majority of the code is already in place, but I decided to release the game as is. (I'm glad I did because there's a lot of bugs to squish!) Please look forward to some major improvements to the breaks. At the very least you should expect to be able to choose how many videos show between each break (or random) and that they will show randomly with cooldowns like any other clip.

Reactions: GamerDaddy

GamerDaddy

Feb 6, 2023
Right now, the break function only works with videos. To include images, I'd have to change the focus from playing the entire clip to layered functionality. The original plan was to simply mimic CH breaks, but I'd like to hear what you had in mind as an alternative.

Thank you for bringing up the randomness of the break videos. Not only does it lack the complexity of the other video/image types, but you also have no control over how long you wait for each break. The majority of the code is already in place, but I decided to release the game as is. (I'm glad I did because there's a lot of bugs to squish!) Please look forward to some major improvements to the breaks. At the very least you should expect to be able to choose how many videos show between each break (or random) and that they will show randomly with cooldowns like any other clip.
more break vids seeing the same break vid gets boring (and the timing for when it comes up needs tweaking the first time it comes up is never the same (ex:: after 10 "battels then you wont see it again untill around the 50 mark) the pics never came up cause they was jpeg i converted them to jpg/png and they came up after awhile

GamerDaddy

Feb 6, 2023

the images were for the other mode not the ch.. while adding more/dif ch vids i noticed there was only boobs/butt but in the game you have boobs/butt/vag (i know how to dirtymod these types of game (meaning say i want to change maile well ill find her folder and find new pics and then give the new pics the same name then drop into her folder and overwrite her pic)

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021

Thank you for the post Dreyus. This game does indeed need some polishing. The missing folders will be addressed in the next patch. Metronomes will be added to adventure mode in the next patch, but not Cock Hero mode. If you saw the sound files in the code, that is the reason why.

In adventure mode, the breaks should never appear. I believe this is due to the folders being missing without the image pack. They should not appear if the folder is named game/Cock Hero/breaks (lowercase). Only game/Cock Hero/rounds should be loaded. Videos in 'breaks' get a pretty hardcore exclusion.

I hope the next patch will be a much smoother experience for you, Dreyus.

more break vids seeing the same break vid gets boring
The break videos I posted were just examples. This game is designed to be played with your own or community-shared content. Because no one wants to invest time in something unproven and full of bugs, said content may be scarce for the first few patches. I'll be tweaking the break system with enable/disable and frequency settings.

(and the timing for when it comes up needs tweaking the first time it comes up is never the same (ex:: after 10 "battels then you wont see it again untill around the 50 mark) the pics never came up cause they was jpeg i converted them to jpg/png and they came up after awhile
I can assure you that jpeg images work as well as after they're shown. Images that are displayed enter a cooldown period to prevent duplicate displays and increase randomness. The cooldown is approximately 40% of your total images. If you have 1000 images, the same image will not be shown again until around 400 other images have been shown.
The file name changed when you renamed it to jpg., thus, removing it from the cooldown. Furthermore, if images are removed and the cooldown list becomes longer than the number of remaining images, the list is immediately removed and all images become available again.

the images were for the other mode not the ch.. while adding more/dif ch vids i noticed there was only boobs/butt but in the game you have boobs/butt/vag (i know how to dirtymod these types of game (meaning say i want to change maile well ill find her folder and find new pics and then give the new pics the same name then drop into her folder and overwrite her pic)
Vag does exist, but it is not available to every enemy. To be flagged with it under the options, the enemy image must have "_pussy_" in one of its filenames. Not all enemies have every flag, and the game does not require the player to use them. Frankly, I don't recommend using flags unless you really like the girl's ass or something. This mechanic is just for added flavor and planning for future expansion.

GamerDaddy

Feb 6, 2023
The break videos I posted were just examples. This game is designed to be played with your own or community-shared content. Because no one wants to invest time in something unproven and full of bugs, said content may be scarce for the first few patches. I'll be tweaking the break system with enable/disable and frequency settings.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
this is what i mean only the one you placed in breaks play yours is b_4

Last edited:

septacycell

Dec 27, 2017
I recommend looking at PMVs because you can often find them for specific actresses, that way you can maintain a level of consistency.

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
this is what i mean only the one you placed in breaks play yours is b_4
Ok, I follow you. :coffee:(y)
My hands are tied today but I'll get a fix for that as soon as possible.

I recommend looking at PMVs because you can often find them for specific actresses, that way you can maintain a level of consistency.
I was thinking of generating a list of cock hero videos that have been broken down by rounds and that sorting them by title and creator would suffice.

PMVs are not excluded from my scope. I had a few that I could have included in the starter pack, but I was worried about file size at the time. Because there isn't usually a set theme for PMVs, I thought I could sort them by creator.
I'd like to discuss this topic further to get a better handle on how to keep things orderly and organized if possible. :)

Last edited:

septacycell

Dec 27, 2017
Ok, I follow you. :coffee:(y)
My hands are tied today but I'll get a fix for that as soon as possible.

I was thinking of generating a list of cock hero videos that have been broken down by rounds and that sorting them by title and creator would suffice.

PMVs are not excluded from my scope. I had a few that I could have included in the starter pack, but I was worried about file size at the time. Because there isn't usually a set theme for PMVs, I thought I could sort them by creator.
I'd like to discuss this topic further to get a better handle on how to keep things orderly and organized if possible. :)
I suggest using Webm tend to look well and remain small, the program is quite fast. Use the Downloadhelper plugin to download from most stream website or hope the PMV maker has uploaded them on and then deciding a good format, resolution and bitrate.
Phub is not as good these days after the great purge, Spankbang is better but the search does not work very well, fortunately you can go by relative content and Playlist, you can often find a PMV just by searching "[actress name]+PMV"

Gdiggers

Dec 27, 2019
(Context: I made very quick simple image packs for all three settings, one photoset for 4 girls in each of the 3 settings).

Maybe dumb question, but I'm noticing when on an adventure, it's only pulling "outdoor" image sets. Is this just intended for early adventure? Like do the "town" and "water" sets show up later? or is something amiss?

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
(Context: I made very quick simple image packs for all three settings, one photoset for 4 girls in each of the 3 settings).

Maybe dumb question, but I'm noticing when on an adventure, it's only pulling "outdoor" image sets. Is this just intended for early adventure? Like do the "town" and "water" sets show up later? or is something amiss?
It's not a dumb question at all.
If you have 100 soul or more and your distance from home is at least 5, there is a chance to run into someone who will transport you to the beach. Once there, if your distance is at least 10, there is a chance to run into someone again who will transport you to the desolate town for another 100 soul. Reaching the furthest distance in the town you will run into the veil.

There isn't anything to gain from those other locations (yet), but there will be.

Reactions: Gdiggers

Lazor200

Nov 1, 2020
I paste the 2 hotfix files into the script folder and the game won't start. Where should I copy the 2 hotfix files?

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes