I would like to request assistance to start producing games

Firebian

Formerly 'Bolado_Bolado'
Nov 2, 2020
Hello! I've been using this site for years to discover games, and I'd like to start programming them. I work with robotics and development, so I've already modeled robots using Gazebo, and I'm a Python and C++ programmer, which means I can bring to life the stories I'd like to create.

Unfortunately, I live in a third-world country, and my money is worth very little. Therefore, it doesn't make sense to hire anyone, and I really would like to produce a game entirely on my own, taking care of the storyline, code, and character design.

I wanted to start with something "simple," which would be a game in Ren'Py with 3D characters made in DAZ Studio. I've already written a script that I believe is suitable for my initial goals.

I will produce the game and release it completely free for anyone to download and edit as they wish without needing to credit me, but I also do not want to be sued by anyone, and I do not want to use other people's intellectual property without proper attribution or permission.

I don't want to pay anything for now; I plan to create a Patreon only when the first version of the game is released. Obviously, I'll put the game here.

I would like to know how the intellectual property works regarding the contents of this site. Do I need to give a portion of the money I eventually earn from Patreon to produce the game? (I really don't believe I'll make much; I'm doing all of this more for fun.) Do I need to thank in the game? Give credits? What do you recommend?

I'm talking about the content found here, for example: https://f95zone.to/sam/latest_alpha/#/cat=assets/page=1

I'll accept any advice or constructive criticism ^^

Apologies if I made any mistakes in English; it's not my native language. Sorry if it wasn't appropriate to create this topic. I accept it being deleted at any time by any moderator who deems it necessary according to the rules of this forum.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
You can make a game for free, and legally, by using actual freebies (A list here, but incomplete): https://f95zone.to/threads/free-stuff-for-daz-3d.22194/
You can also import render-ready models (ex: Turbosquid, which offers some free models) to build your scene. You can also make your own, or edit existing models to create different things just by altering the texture.

Pirated stuff for making a commercial game is not a good idea, so you'd have to buy it eventually, but if you're doing this for free with no monetary gains, I don't think anyone will care.

Reactions: Firebian