Unity I would like to develop a game in Unity, I'm an experienced game dev but I have no character creation skills. I tried some Blender sculpting but...

MrHotCoffee

Oct 29, 2019
Hi all, so as the title says I am more interested in creating a more realtime interactive 3D adult games (For example Last Evil, or the Under the witch game) instead of those Daz Renpy ones.
My programming and general game dev skills are solid, the only thing I lack is character sculpting. I have followed courses on Blender sculpting (stylized characters) and zbrush sculpting, but I realized that I will have to spend tons of hours to create a reasonable stylized character, I'd rather spend the time on other parts of development. Sadly I can't export Daz characters to be used in realtime (due to license), what are my other options?

All I would need is the mesh itself, I can rig it later and animate it, I will use the dynamic bone asset in Unity for the breast and glute physics (or jiggly bone in blender, I have to test this).

Where can I find stores to just simply buy these 3d models and use it commercially (and I mean adult models with already modelled genitals and nipples)? Or is there software that solves my problem? a program dedicated for character creation with clothes?

Thank you in advance!

Reactions: Cul

Cul

Feb 25, 2019
Have you tried some of the free stuff like or (in browse) + maybe

I also saw an op-source the other day hah (for Godot). So X body sliders work like in Sims/Skyrim.

Otherwise, yes, I agree you would need someone dedicated to meshes. You could make a demo with a naked character & a development thread to gain more attention, and then someone might help you on that front. Or paid assets...

Hope you get your project off the ground. :)

Last edited:

Kinderalpha

Pleb
Donor
Dec 2, 2019
How much do you need? Do you just want a model? Or would you like it textures, rigged, and animated too?

If it's just a model, I might be able to help out. I can't commit the time and effort to texture it, rig it, and animate it though.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Most DAZ characters have an interactive license that's not *that* far off. You'll need to do serious cleanup, but it's cheaper than getting custom meshes made.

MrHotCoffee

Oct 29, 2019
Have you tried some of the free stuff like or (in browse) + maybe

I also saw an op-source the other day hah (for Godot). So X body sliders work like in Sims/Skyrim.

Otherwise, yes, I agree you would need someone dedicated to meshes. You could make a demo with a naked character & a development thread to gain more attention, and then someone might help you on that front. Or paid assets...

Hope you get your project off the ground. :)
Thanks man, smutbase looks promising.
I'll check it out.

How much do you need? Do you just want a model? Or would you like it textures, rigged, and animated too?

If it's just a model, I might be able to help out. I can't commit the time and effort to texture it, rig it, and animate it though.
Well I don't really need a custom custom thing, I was wondering if there's a program with some sort of base mesh that you can just tweak, DAZ does this, but the license...

Most DAZ characters have an interactive license that's not *that* far off. You'll need to do serious cleanup, but it's cheaper than getting custom meshes made.
Huh can you send me a link of an example asset with that license? And what do you mean with cleanup? thanks in advance.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Huh can you send me a link of an example asset with that license? And what do you mean with cleanup? thanks in advance.

Most characters have an optional "interactive license"

1584998741413.png

It's additional cash, but it's not *that* much more.

Cleanup wise, I'm assuming you're talking about taking it into Unreal/Unity for realtime use, right? In that case, things like materials will need tuning (from iRay to the internal system, though with PBR becoming common in real-time that's easier than it was before), many of the meshes will likely need an optimization pass (there's little thought given to optimizations, since DAZ renders run at frames per hour, not frames per second), hair and cloth may require some rigging, etc.

caLTD

Game Developer
Feb 4, 2018
I walk that road, make human, mb, xnlara assets are not good enough and or not ready enough.

Even if you find free or libreated clothes, you have to make good weight painting to fit skeleton on blender. Then you have to fit good genitalia to models. Unless you after comic / custom painting lowpoly game. Daz is only option.

Try search Daz3d forums. There where thread Daz3d vs Iclone. At and someone put a list with 600 usd can have everything. (except clothing etc).

To be honest if you don't have sculpting, blender etc skills and or spend 1 years of learning. Daz is only option and my opinion its worth it every penny.

Plus you may go with renderotica their prices more affroadable. Plus there is some third party affroadable models with good shapes.

Even with daz you will need truckload of learning to export from daz to unity and make it.

Just my 2 cents

Medew

Jun 2, 2019
Hello fellow,
I am experienced game dev too and i can tell you the biggest problem that i will have to face with daz character will be the export of the genital with blendshape. For now, i have a quite good version of character creation from Daz Genesis 8 port in unity with modification of blenshape, Ik modification applying on playing animation, different animation (locomotion and various move), nice skin shader but for now, the manipulation off the woman gentital are the most disapointing thing.

Anyway here is a start and my present workflow :

1) Select a clean Genesis 8 or 3 character in daz (genesis 8 is more optimized in term of polygone and you can also use "Decimator" in daz or any mesh optimizer in unity to lower the polycount).
2) Select all the morph you want to export and create your .csv rules file template.
3) Export your character with morph and embed texture.
4) Import in unity
5) On your model, go to Rig panel, select "Humanoid"
6) On Your model, go to Material panel, select "Extract Material" in folder of your choice
7) Import your model in test scene and replace material by your new extract material.
8) Clean the model material (like eyes Moisture has to be set on transparency or same for eyeslashe)
9) For the bumpmap, you can search in the daz texture or create your own bumpmap (in unity with the free asset "NormalMap Maker" or with the external tool "Materialize"

Now you will have to face some choice concerning the visual effect :
You can use the"HDRP Render PipeLine" for a good visual effect but be ready to possibly struggle with some MASSIVE memory leak problem (bug present in most off unity 2019. version) and your scene will be very very heavy.
Or you can choose a good skin shader, work with some post processing effect.

For animation, you will have some important point to deal with too.
Daz model have some extra bones comparing to unity rigging template and some animations can have weird impact to your model (problem like thights skinnedRender rotation) and you will have to correct the "Open mouth" problem (multiple way to deal with it, choose your method for your need)

You can also export animation from daz but keep in mind that when you export an animation from daz, deselect the "Morph" option when exporting and also, the blenshape modification in your daz animation wont be export (for example, if you use a breathing effect morph in daz for your animation, it wont be export) so work only with the bones position/rotation).

You can use many Daz model if they have the "Interactive License" and with a low budget, have a good start on it, but again, for now, no solution has been find to export genitalia with blendshape directly to unity and that's a very big problem...

Sorry for the bad english, not my native langage...

Last edited:
Reactions: Droid Productions

TrisValentine

Oct 4, 2017
There was a time when I was also thinking about creating Interactive game and at that time I found this site
Check it and see if it will be helpful.

lancelotdulak

Nov 7, 2018
Im a programmer.. more than a few here actually. The timesink on this kind of game isnt the programming, that is trivial. its the 3d art. There are poser models etc out there but theyre garbage compared to daz.. though you could import them as objects etc etc which.. well.. there isnt a 3d program out there that doesnt SUCK at import /export.
IF you want to be totally legit honestly.. youre probably screwed unless you can find someone giving a way a model with a cheap/free interactive license. Or you can pick a base character, buy the license, then reshape the hell out of the model. There are morph packs with LOTS of morphs that you can basically build damn near anything with. And some addons like mesh grabber and Fit control you need anyway. And then.. you need clothes. You can make them yourself in Marvellous designer... which isnt as complex as daz but takes a lot of time to learn as well. etc etc. Basically interactive licenses are going to cost you thousands for a decent size game.

But there is an alternative and even one devs and software companies have overtly or covertly recognised from the beginning. Use the assets, build your game. If it gets profitable start buying the assets you used (keep a list). I consider this completely legitimate (and daz models laughably overpriced unless youre a successful game company), especially because the models are the BASE.. theyre nothing like what you eventually turn them into generally. So if you end up making the next dmd.. you can go spendhappy after a couple months , buy everything you used and a hell of a lot more (DMD etc make a FORTUNE).