Tool Ren'Py I request the community's help, please!!

SpaWnBlack

Jun 17, 2021
Hi friends, I wanted to ask if anyone has information about Sam UnRen tool. Since it won't let unzip the game files, and it comes up with a phyton directory error.
I think it has something to do with the /lib folder.

Do you know of any tool that works today?
*Sorry if my English is not good, I try to help me with a translator as it is not my native language.

I would appreciate any help on this subject, thank you.

Phaseus

Jan 18, 2019
I've never used this app, but if you have Python installed and it still isn't working, you may need to add python to PATH in your system environment variables. Python has a check box to do this automatically during install, but if you don't want to uninstall/reinstall Python, you can do it manually. The 'PATH' variable allows applications to make use of tools such as Python, Powershell, etc. without having to scan your device to reference the application. I don't know if the UnRen tool uses this function, but it's worth a shot.

In Windows 10:
1. Click on the search bar and type 'Environment Variables' - You'll see an option that says 'edit the system environment
1. variables'. The System Properties window will open up. At the bottom you click 'Environment Variables...'
1. Under 'User variables for [Your User Profile]', double-click 'Path'
1. Click 'New' on the right-hand side and enter C:\Users\[YourUserProfile]\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\[YourPythonVersion]\

Here is what mine looks like.
HZjkPi7.png

Alternatively:
Uninstall and reinstall

Reactions: SpaWnBlack

PxGames

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
Hi friends, I wanted to ask if anyone has information about Sam UnRen tool. Since it won't let unzip the game files, and it comes up with a phyton directory error.
I think it has something to do with the /lib folder.

Do you know of any tool that works today?
*Sorry if my English is not good, I try to help me with a translator as it is not my native language.

I would appreciate any help on this subject, thank you.
I guess you're using unren.bat 0.91. Try again with these instead:
- For Renpy 7.5 or below:
- For Renpy 8:

Reactions: Phaseus

SpaWnBlack

Jun 17, 2021
Thanks people for taking the time to answer my question. I'll try those methods in a while and see how it goes... best regards.