I need help understanding downloads

Guntree

Jul 15, 2022
Im trying to download games and its in my download file but when i double click install nothing happens. Can some help me figure out what i did wrong please. Also im using fire fox.

Bev_

Nov 17, 2018
Let's start with basics.
1. Use adblock.
2. Get yourself e.g. WinRar, most games are packed into rar/zip/7z archives/packages.
3. Download your game.
4. Right click and extract it.
Done, you can play (start the game with exe file that is inside extracted folder), no installation needed.

Reactions: Guntree

Guntree

Jul 15, 2022
alright so i downloaded 7 zip but the download are still acting the same. Do i have to do something specific with 7 zip?

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
alright so i downloaded 7 zip but the download are still acting the same. Do i have to do something specific with 7 zip?
Name one of the games, most games here aren't installers just the compressed game folders. You extract the zip, rar or 7z (using WinRAR or 7Zip) and you have the game. Just double click the exe to start. A quick example taken from a...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Can't remember if 7Zip has a setup when you install it, but you set it as the default extraction program.

Ifartedtoolong

Feb 27, 2022
but the download are still acting the same.
What file host did you download the game from and are you using any type of blocker when downloading from these file hosts like adblocker - ublock - ghostery? If the answer is no then you need to get a adblcker to prevent pop ups redirects and downloading fake files.

Guntree

Jul 15, 2022
What file host did you download the game from and are you using any type of blocker when downloading from these file hosts like adblocker - ublock - ghostery? If the answer is no then you need to get a adblcker to prevent pop ups redirects and downloading fake files.
thank you for the help

Guntree

Jul 15, 2022
thank you for the help

Guntree

Jul 15, 2022
Name one of the games, most games here aren't installers just the compressed game folders. You extract the zip, rar or 7z (using WinRAR or 7Zip) and you have the game. Just double click the exe to start. A quick example taken from a...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Can't remember if 7Zip has a setup when you install it, but you set it as the default extraction program.
thank you for the help

Reactions: TheBlueKnight
Jun 8, 2022
I have this same problem and DO have adblocker running.

I usually download the compressed file, use 7zip to extract it to a file and double click the exe and get nothing. Very frustrating.