VN I have a question about making game about trans girls? do people like it? is there any interest in that?

realpookie

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2023
i mean a game where protag is a trans girl with other girls npcs and trans npcs to play with?

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Big fans of trans girls (I married one) but just trans on trans wouldn't be ideal for me. Variety is the spice of life, give me trans on trans, trans on female, trans on male, female on trans and male on trans

Hell, give me female on female, male on male. Give me threeways, fiveways and thirtysevenways. Give me harems and polycules

But above all, make the game YOU want to play that doesn't exist

Reactions: anne O'nymous

Glorified_ignorance

Mar 28, 2019
I'm pretty sure that's not the real question, you are giving us. Be honest.

Such game surely will find it's audience.

realpookie

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2023
Big fans of trans girls (I married one) but just trans on trans wouldn't be ideal for me. Variety is the spice of life, give me trans on trans, trans on female, trans on male, female on trans and male on trans

Hell, give me female on female, male on male. Give me threeways, fiveways and thirtysevenways. Give me harems and polycules

But above all, make the game YOU want to play that doesn't exist
oh okey, right now i have few ideas i never made an lgbtq related game so worried about some ppl might not like it

Glorified_ignorance

Mar 28, 2019
I have a idea just worried how it will work or fail
If you begin with such thoughts of failing, it will fail. I can guarantee you.

It's important how you set your foundation first(mindset), before starting something.

Make sure to double check your planing, dont be shy to ask people for feedback on such.

Asking person if they like girls with dick, gives literally zero sense.

Since I can branch your question in 10 different ways. One of them would be something like: does such theme for a game will be profitable?

I can assure you, here on forums there are big audience that like such thing. But as any other subject for game it depends how well the game is presented, and keep in consideration, its also important "how" the game is presented. To clarify (game engine, is it digital art, 3d models or pixels).

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
I was being a bit of a dick, let me be clearer. You can define success purely as financial or by more valuable metrics, such as creative expression and player satisfaction. The two need not be mutually exclusive but tend to be

What I'm asking is that you think, really think about the games you've played in the past. What did you like? What didn't you like? What was missing? What was unexplored? Find that and you'll find the story you want to tell with the kinks you want to explore

Or, you know, make a game about a 20yo male who moves back in with his widowed mother, tsundere older sister and yandere younger sister, such a concept has rarely been shown in AVNs :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Count Morado

Unethicality

Apr 30, 2020
It's not normally my cup of tea, but I'm almost always willing to play anything once just to see how it is. I've had games that seemed entirely up my alley that sucked, and games that I wasn't too interested in that ended up being some of my favorites.

Also, seconding Glorified_ignorance: I know of a few niches that would probably love the premise of a game like that. But it also depends on presentation. Is it a 3D simulation-type game? RPGMaker? VN? If you're looking for an audience, each of these genres have players with different wants and needs in a game, just in general.

Reactions: realpookie

realpookie

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2023

It's important how you set your foundation first(mindset), before starting something.

Make sure to double check your planing, dont be shy to ask people for feedback on such.

Since I can branch your question in 10 different ways. One of them would be something like: does such theme for a game will be profitable?

I can assure you, here on forums there are big audience that like such thing. But as any other subject for game it depends how well the game is presented, and keep in consideration, its also important "how" the game is presented. To clarify (game engine, is it digital art, 3d models or pixels).

its a visual novel digital art hand drawn stuff, in an episodic manner with few characters focus on each episode, with branching stories of each character, keeping it simple NSFW game but if players want they can go deep with the story and eventually end up as their lover or something like that, player character is her self going to be a trans girl,

realpookie

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2023
It's not normally my cup of tea, but I'm almost always willing to play anything once just to see how it is. I've had games that seemed entirely up my alley that sucked, and games that I wasn't too interested in that ended up being some of my favorites.

Also, seconding Glorified_ignorance: I know of a few niches that would probably love the premise of a game like that. But it also depends on presentation. Is it a 3D simulation-type game? RPGMaker? VN? If you're looking for an audience, each of these genres have players with different wants and needs in a game, just in general.
what about a VN with hand drawn characters and player character being a trans girl herself

realpookie

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2023
I was being a bit of a dick, let me be clearer. You can define success purely as financial or by more valuable metrics, such as creative expression and player satisfaction. The two need not be mutually exclusive but tend to be

What I'm asking is that you think, really think about the games you've played in the past. What did you like? What didn't you like? What was missing? What was unexplored? Find that and you'll find the story you want to tell with the kinks you want to explore

Or, you know, make a game about a 20yo male who moves back in with his widowed mother, tsundere older sister and yandere younger sister, such a concept has rarely been shown in AVNs :ROFLMAO:
one of my friend is a trans woman and she said that trans woman protag is very niche and there only few games like that so i came up with this, i dont know many trans womans in my life i just wanna make sure that my game is ok for at least if a transwoman picked it she will like it and tell me that im didnt made it bad

Unethicality

Apr 30, 2020
what about a VN with hand drawn characters and player character being a trans girl herself
I'm not saying that it's going to be a smash hit worldwide with a million copies sold, but I am saying that LGBTQ+ VNs specifically are super popular in many of the spaces I'm near/in, with a deficit of trans woman protag. There will absolutely be people who are interested in it.

Jun 18, 2022
I don't know that there's a lot here that I can add, but I just wanted to re-iterate some points. If you have an idea, and you're worried about whether or not a particular demographic will like it (in your case, trans women), it's not going to end well.

I'm not a trans girl, obviously, but my wife is, and that woman is...well, her kinks uhh, they're far more developed than mine are. But I know a lot of people, and do you know the damndest thing about them? Nobody likes exactly the same things. One transgirl might hate whatever the fuck you have planned, and another one might love the fuck out of it. So, just, shut up, get your ass in the development kitchen and get to work. (This is playful banter, for the record.)

If you're worried, do your research, ask a chick, get feedback, profit.

Enjoy what you do, and it'll be fine. If it sucks, people will tell you. If it's great, people will tell you. Just...maybe be prepared to not worry about financial success.

I'm close to a few authors who have made amazing futanari protagonist games that have very little following, and it pains me. So I'm all about pushing for people to just go for it and not worry about that sort of business.

Glorified_ignorance

Mar 28, 2019
one of my friend is a trans woman and she said that trans woman protag is very niche and there only few games like that so i came up with this, i dont know many trans womans in my life i just wanna make sure that my game is ok for at least if a transwoman picked it she will like it and tell me that im didnt made it bad
Stop with the doubts, and go for it. Something like this surely will attract more audience then what you are primary aiming for. As long as story is unique, everything else should work out.

Jack Madrigal

Aug 12, 2023
you all guys think about this problem the wrong way, don't think "does my very niche specific fetish will appeal to anyone on this planet" is the wrong mindset.

the world is a vast ocean, with more than 8 billions peoples there ARE others that jerk of to the exact same things as you somewhere.

the real question is: is the bucket you bring to draw from that ocean big enough ?

realpookie

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2023
I don't know that there's a lot here that I can add, but I just wanted to re-iterate some points. If you have an idea, and you're worried about whether or not a particular demographic will like it (in your case, trans women), it's not going to end well.

I'm not a trans girl, obviously, but my wife is, and that woman is...well, her kinks uhh, they're far more developed than mine are. But I know a lot of people, and do you know the damndest thing about them? Nobody likes exactly the same things. One transgirl might hate whatever the fuck you have planned, and another one might love the fuck out of it. So, just, shut up, get your ass in the development kitchen and get to work. (This is playful banter, for the record.)

If you're worried, do your research, ask a chick, get feedback, profit.

Enjoy what you do, and it'll be fine. If it sucks, people will tell you. If it's great, people will tell you. Just...maybe be prepared to not worry about financial success.

I'm close to a few authors who have made amazing futanari protagonist games that have very little following, and it pains me. So I'm all about pushing for people to just go for it and not worry about that sort of business.
okeu thank you ill work on that