RPGM - Completed - I Came To Buy A Few Herbs [v1.02] [Rice Revolution]

1. 4.00 star(s)

IndriIndri

A shorter 2-3 hour game thats pretty charming and has some nice Cut in CGs using Ero Skills and doesn't take itself too seriously.

Sherry initially only has punching or kissing but as you progress and get defeated by enemies, she will learn new Ero skills that can be used depending on the enemy. I was kinda surprised by how many variations there are, since each Ero skill will show the enemy in the cut in CG and Sherry doing whatever it is, which can include Fellatio or Titjob. Obviously poses are reused but I still appreciate the effort put into this system.

You also get Defeat Cgs for each enemy, and some bonus ones involving Magical Knights being held captive by tentacles and even a birth CG if you lose to all the possible enemy types (maybe anyway, I don't know exactly what triggers it). Each scene will give you an item that lets you watch the scene again whenever afterwards, so its worth losing to each enemy at least once.

As for the rest of the gameplay you mostly just move around the world and levels trying to get to your destination, and the simple task of just getting herbs gets more absurd as you go on. Levels are mostly linear, although some have multiple exits and chests hidden around for Max HP upgrades but don't expect anything more than that (there is one area with teleporting exits though, that one gets confusing)

You can also use items gained from defeating enemies to purchase an equippable title that grants bonus stats to either Punching or Ero Skills. These are pretty important later on so you want to come back to the shop every so often to get the best one for your playstyle. 2/3 of the major bosses might give you a hard time if you don't have enough skills unlocked and a good enough title equipped.

Overall though I enjoyed the game, despite sometimes it can be confusing where to go. The initial part of the game is simple enough but the part with "The Wall" did cause me to walk around trying to figure out what it wanted me to do.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

VictorDoUrden

Art is fairly decent
    "Fighting" is rpgm
    Game is very straightforward for the most part but can be aggravating at the end when you gotta do few very certain things and there is fuck all for mention of what
    Setup is decent and not over the top. Some light hearted amusing tone to the entire bit when it is so obvious that she gonna have to take the long way round.

Cute decent game I'd recommend it