• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py Abandoned Hypno Family Trainer [v0.1.2] [HF Trainer]

HFT

Game Developer
Jan 7, 2017
Ah ah, no need to be sorry, I should thank you for taking the time to write all that!

You are raising some very solid points, and as you guessed, most of them are already planned. I like a lot the different shower's steps you mention, and I might just look a bit more into that.
Mickael will be "taken care of" when required :) I mean I did plan something for him, first sharing his suspicions with you, wondering about the girls' changes. I guess it will be around when you'll start "out of room" interactions. When that becomes too high, you actually start to hypnotize him too in order to be sure he won't discover everything. Once you have a better hold on him, it'll unlock special events in Joanna's room from 23 to 24, first by asking him to leave for whatever reason, then when you've reached deep enough in his mind to place certain triggers, make sure he won't wake up and have fun with his wife while he sleeps next to her... At least that's the plan for now!

More location, more people and more events will naturally come with the updates!

I do wonder about the system you talk about for unlocking favors. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what you meant, could you explain a little?

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
It's hard to explain but here it goes:
I dont think that just clicking on a button to lower their defenses is a good approach to unlocking favors. I think that throughout the various events and encounters you have with them it should gradually allow access to favors. We should always have the option to ask for them but we can only use them after going through certain parts. It's kinda confusing but the best pratical way I could kinda explain this is with the witch trainer system.

Reactions: Cirro84

HFT

Game Developer
Jan 7, 2017
Oh, I see, that's totally the plan, from the beginning, actually. I guess it's hard to see for now because there are few scenes. To give you an exemple, "Dance for me (3/4)" can't be unlocked before "show me your breasts (2/4)" is done, and "Dance for me (4/4)" will require a special event.

What I have put down on paper for now is basically for every "sexy request" level:
  • (1/4) unlocked through hypnotism (check on the stats)
  • (2/4) unlocked right after (1/4) is done at least once (just so I can have a "first time" scene each time.)
  • (3/4) unlocked when a "harder sexy request" (not necessarly the level 2 of the next one, like in the example I gave) is done
  • (4/4) unlocked after special event

TCMS

Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
I'm talking about the previous fase :p
I think we shouldnt have to unlock the favors through hypnotism we should always have them but they will only agree if we reach the requirements :)

HFT

Game Developer
Jan 7, 2017
Oh yeah... You're right, I remember in witch trainer, princess trainer, and even 4 elements trainer by Mity, I do like the "Will she finally accept that?" feeling.

I kinda forgot about it I guess... Aaaah, more stuff to think about :)

Reactions: TCMS and Cirro84

TCMS

Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
That explanation is far less complicated than mine. Rip me :D

HFT

Game Developer
Jan 7, 2017
Ah ah, no worries, at least you brought it to my attention!

Fuck the more I think about it, the more obvious it is, that it is a core feature of trainer games, how did I miss that? I guess it's hard to have an "overview" picture of the game when you spend too much time in all the details needed...

Anyway, thank you TCMS, I'll definitely try to look into how I can do it here for 0.2

eades

Nov 19, 2016
what do you need to type to hypnotize one of them? i cant figure out. it's a nice game btw, looks good so far

Cirro84

Resident Evil-doer, part-time Candyman
Dec 24, 2016
what do you need to type to hypnotize one of them? i cant figure out. ...
Dev mentioned you get a hint about what to tell them by reading the dialogues that happened before carefully, if you think you need a spoiler check post - but I'd say try it once more without. ;)

Edit: Thanks @bosedk, beat me by seconds! :D +Like

Reactions: bosedk

moonanon

Aug 17, 2016
Dev mentioned you get a hint about what to tell them by reading the dialogues that happened before carefully, if you think you need a spoiler check post - but I'd say try it once more without. ;)

Edit: Thanks @bosedk, beat me by seconds! :D +Like
My issue was that I didn't switch person. I wrote the answer as a direct copy. Example girl says 'I like coffee.' then asks 'What do I like?'... I then type 'I like coffee.' instead of the correct reply of 'You like coffee.'

TCMS

Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
My issue was that I didn't switch person. I wrote the answer as a direct copy. Example girl says 'I like coffee.' then asks 'What do I like?'... I then type 'I like coffee.' instead of the correct reply of 'You like coffee.'
Well tenses in this case make sense :D

Reactions: Cirro84

HFT

Game Developer
Jan 7, 2017
Allow me to shamelessly copy/paste a patreon post I've just made, that will answer the question I've been asked by some users here through pm.
Hello everyone,

Just a small post that I'll leave visible by everyone about the development cycles I've chosen to follow.

I have decided to go for a new "content" release every 4 weeks, on Saturdays. The day's choice is purely based on the fact that I'll be able to be more reactive to upload bug fixes on Saturdays.

With a 0.1 released on January 7th, that makes February 4th for 0.2!

As mentionned in the pledges' description, this will be for $10+ backers, so on the 9th for $5 backers and on the 14th for the public release.

A lot of things are coming, I know we all want to know what happens next!

HFT

Last edited:

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Added this to the games list. Thought it had been added but I guess it fell through the cracks. If you'd like I can add the patreon link in the developer area for you.

Reactions: HFT

dav121

Oct 13, 2016
Anyone else having problems running the HF_trainer.exe file? It's seems to be a bit small @ 100kb and will not run. And my antivirus isn't messing it up.

HFT

Game Developer
Jan 7, 2017
Added this to the games list. Thought it had been added but I guess it fell through the cracks. If you'd like I can add the patreon link in the developer area for you.
Thank you for that! As for the patreon link, I guess it is already easy enough to find for someone who is looking to support me.

Anyone else having problems running the HF_trainer.exe file? It's seems to be a bit small @ 100kb and will not run. And my antivirus isn't messing it up.
I haven't heard that before from any of the players who tried the game. What system are you on?

dav121

Oct 13, 2016
...I haven't heard that before from any of the players who tried the game. What system are you on?
Windows 10. I thought that it might be an issue with zipped file that i downloaded, but if you aren't hearing others with that problem, it's probably my own PC.

T

Throwaway13031980

Edited the thread just to organize some small things and to simplify the patreon link. Nothing too major :)
Thanks! The hard work behind the scene you guys do so often gets forgotten so I would like to take this moment to thank all you mods for you hard work! :D

Reactions: Pararock