• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py Illusion HS Animation become laggy when imported to Ren'Py

Eranfer

Underboss Life Dev.
Game Developer
Mar 18, 2019
Hello guys and hi. This is my first ever ask on this forum. Right now I'm developing a game using a renpy and Honey Select. Then I got some problem with animation. I don't know why but my animation is a bit laggy. I already convert it to (.ogv) btw. When I play it in vlc it's fine. but when it imported to the game it becomes a bit laggy. And it makes my animation looks bad:( Can someone help me with this? Thanks for anyone that answers this question of mine btw. And lets be friends:)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Conquestus

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
Hmm.. I don't really know that much about renpy myself, but I do know that python itself is the slowest running language out there. It is based in C, so if the video player is in C it should be just fine, but if the video player itself is coded in python, that may be a source of concern. What are your video specs? Resolution and frame rate, do you know?

Reactions: Eranfer

Eranfer

Underboss Life Dev.
Game Developer
Mar 18, 2019
Thanks for answering my question :) and i already fix that hehe. I think its my mistake in the coding section. My bad. And how is exactly to delete this thread?

Last edited: