Ren'Py How to take characters

BilalSamet

Nov 11, 2017
I downloaded Honey Select Studio.I made few characters , i am making a ren'py game how can i use that character for my ren'py game. When i save scene and look into Honey Select/User Data / scene folder the scenes size are 600x400 and i am making 1280x720 can someone help me with it ?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Er... Look in the configuration of Honey Select Studio, I'm sure that you can have better resolution for the scene screenshot.
And for Ren'py, two things to know. The first one is that if the pictures are bigger than the game they will be automatically resized. The second is that, in the opposite situation (picture smaller than the game), you can use the function change the size. By example :
Code:
image myImage = Transform("images/myImage.jpg", size=( 1280, 720 )
will display the 600x400 picture in 1280x720. But try first to configure Honey Select Studio, it's better to reduce a picture than to enlarge it.

Kuggazer

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
I recommend using Honeyshot plugin.
How to use
  • Install Illusion Plugin Architecture
  • Copy HoneyShot.dll into the Plugins folder
  • Press Pause to take a screenshot.
  • The screenshots will be stored the UserData\cap.
The screenshot will be taken at 3840x2160, then you will go to resize as you prefer.
It's also applied an anti-aliasing filter, which is always good thing ;)

BilalSamet

Nov 11, 2017
Er... Look in the configuration of Honey Select Studio, I'm sure that you can have better resolution for the scene screenshot.
And for Ren'py, two things to know. The first one is that if the pictures are bigger than the game they will be automatically resized. The second is that, in the opposite situation (picture smaller than the game), you can use the function change the size. By example :
Code:
image myImage = Transform("images/myImage.jpg", size=( 1280, 720 )
will display the 600x400 picture in 1280x720. But try first to configure Honey Select Studio, it's better to reduce a picture than to enlarge it.
upload_2017-12-31_23-24-46.png
when i wrote your code it says this.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
when i wrote your code it says this.
Forgot a ")" at the end ; coding when taking a pause because preparing the new year eve diner is tiresome, isn't always a good idea.
This said, @Kuggazer gave you the answer regarding Honey Select. Like I said, it's better than trying to enlarge the picture.

BilalSamet

Nov 11, 2017
I fixed your code but i couldn't make HoneyShot thing.I installed Illusion Plugin and pasted HoneyShot into the Plugin folder when i open game nothing happens

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
maybe a stupid answer but.. that maybe can help.

instead of using Neo studio or else. just use the studio for make the poses etc.. then hide the UI and use another tier program for capture the screen (such as FRAPS or else capture screen tool). like this, the screen will the be same size than your resolution in screen. soo if honey select is used with 1920x1080 in resolution for play, then the screen will be at same size. and quality will be the exact same as taking the pic with studio.