• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Daz How to reset shape settings

May 9, 2021
Hello!

Whenever I load any character into DAZ it comes with weird load-up shapes. First of all, if I load any default genesis 8 model, male or female, they are automatically loaded as children. When I load a character from my library, although they are loaded as adults, some shapes are weird - such as glutes and chest. I could of course choose figure - zero - shape on a genesis 8 default model, and then load the shape of a desired model onto it. But this is - as you can imagine - quite tedious.

Is there a way to reset the load-up settings for shapes back to default?

Grateful for help!

/Z

CocoVC

Aug 10, 2018
1. You can use Ultimate Zero to get rid of all shapes,poses, and expressions- that will Zero out everything, including morphs.
2. Check your log file (Help -> Troubleshooting -> View Log File) to see which morphs are being loaded and dialed in when you load a base Genesis 8 character.

3. Once you have identified the problematic morph(s) files, you can either delete them(easy, but you won't be able to use the morphs if you like that morph set) or edit the files (it can get complicated).

May 9, 2021
1. You can use Ultimate Zero to get rid of all shapes,poses, and expressions- that will Zero out everything, including morphs.
2. Check your log file (Help -> Troubleshooting -> View Log File) to see which morphs are being loaded and dialed in when you load a base Genesis 8 character.

3. Once you have identified the problematic morph(s) files, you can either delete them(easy, but you won't be able to use the morphs if you like that morph set) or edit the files (it can get complicated).
Thank you!!!

Nov 28, 2019
If you keep catching unwanted extras when loading characters, uninstall and reinstall all Genesis Starter Kits. Some morphs and tools cling to the base figures like flies to a pile of poop, even without ever using them after the initial installation.

It's also also possible you are missing the one or other morphing set. Like CocoVC said, a look into the log file might be a good idea.

In any case if you really want to make sure you are starting with a clean base figure, load the "Dev Load" version of them, found in "/People/Gensis 8 Female (or Male)/Developer Kit". These are very naked and basic versions so character developers have a nice blank sheet for their projects.