Others How to POSSIBLY play any windows game on your Android device.

nitish2686

May 28, 2022
Remember NOT ALL GAMES WILL RUN,
THERE MIGHT BE SOME AUDIO GLITCHES.
Also Sorry for my bad-ish English. It is my second language.

Some windows emulators exist which can run .exe games/application under specific conditions
The one I am gonna use is called Winlator.

Download:

Installation:
1. Download both .obb and .apk
2. Once downloaded move the .obb file to "/storage/emulated/0/Android/obb/com.winlator" (create the "com.winlator" folder)
3. Install the .apk

Getting the games to run:
1. Launch the app
2. You should be greeted by this screen
Screenshot_20230802-140824~2.png
3. Click on that plus icon
4. You will be greeted with a bunch of options, I prefer to not change them but you can fiddle with them if you know what you're doing, the only thing I change is the GPU Name to GTX 470.
Screenshot_20230802-141337~2.png
5. Once done create the container by tapping the "tick" option.
6. You container will be created, now click on the 3 dots and run the container.
7. If everything went well, you will see this screen
Screenshot_20230802-141631.png
8. Now download your game, I downloaded Samurai Vandalism - https://f95zone.to/threads/samurai-vandalism-v2-03-oneone1.83578/ because this game runs on unity and has an .exe file.
9. To make things easier, make a folder in your "Downloads" folder and extract the game in that folder only, because the "D Drive" is your Downloads folder in the Winlator.
10. You can click and drag to move the cursor and tap on the screen to left click. For on screen controls go back on your phone. Click on "Input Controls" then select "RTC" from the drop menu, you can customize them too, please let me know if you want to know how.
111.png
222.png
333.png
Screenshot_20230802-141631.png
11. Now use your fingers to drag and cursor and open your "D:" drive. This is your in-phone downloads folder.
12. Navigate to your games folder.
Screenshot_20230802-142527.png
13. Run the .exe
14. Let it cook, it might take some time to launch the game.
15. Have fun!

Here is a little preview of the game running on my device. The Nothing Phone (1), 8 GB RAM, Snapdragon 788G+

View attachment screen-20230802-1444374.mp4

ghostlyhb

May 14, 2018
Tried this, got to attempt running a unity game, I got an error saying "Make sure you have DirectX 11 installed, up to date graphic drivers and have not disabled graphics acceleration"

nitish2686

May 28, 2022
Tried this, got to attempt running a unity game, I got an error saying "Make sure you have DirectX 11 installed, up to date graphic drivers and have not disabled graphics acceleration"
Which game was it? I could try, but directx11 is pretty complex for an emulator to run, and every single windows emulator runs an ancient version of windows, which at best can run non demanding games like I did, but there are always exceptions, like some people have brute forced the emulator to run fallout games. So maybe it's possible, maybe it's not... That's why the title says "Possibly"
p.s installing directx is also not possible since during the installation, the installer runs into an error everytime.

Last edited:

Annoumoys69

Jul 22, 2023
I tried running the game myself, got into the menu screen as well, but the game crashes after like 5 mins, maybe bcz of not enough specs? I will look into it
I appreciate it + the game isn't important only for test i try with many games but results still the same but when i change the graphics driver to LLvmpip it works on 3 frame ( i have Snapdragon 680 )

nitish2686

May 28, 2022
I appreciate it + the game isn't important only for test i try with many games but results still the same but when i change the graphics driver to LLvmpip it works on 3 frame ( i have Snapdragon 680 )
So changing graphic drivers would be the solution then, and having a better processor too, guess it is the same with every emulator out there. Either way thanks for posting the fix.

Reactions: Annoumoys69

Horbsby

Jun 30, 2022
I'm gonna chime in kinda late but here is maybe a fix for your DirectX11 issue

Try DXVK in the settings of the box.

DXVK works by translating the API calls from DirectX to Vulkan which is better on Linux. It's how you can get new games to run on Linux

Reactions: nitish2686
Dec 28, 2022
Remember NOT ALL GAMES WILL RUN,
THERE MIGHT BE SOME AUDIO GLITCHES.
Also Sorry for my bad-ish English. It is my second language.

Some windows emulators exist which can run .exe games/application under specific conditions
The one I am gonna use is called Winlator.

Download:

Installation:
1. Download both .obb and .apk
2. Once downloaded move the .obb file to "/storage/emulated/0/Android/obb/com.winlator" (create the "com.winlator" folder)
3. Install the .apk

Getting the games to run:
1. Launch the app
2. You should be greeted by this screen
View attachment 2819121
3. Click on that plus icon
4. You will be greeted with a bunch of options, I prefer to not change them but you can fiddle with them if you know what you're doing, the only thing I change is the GPU Name to GTX 470.
View attachment 2819124
5. Once done create the container by tapping the "tick" option.
6. You container will be created, now click on the 3 dots and run the container.
7. If everything went well, you will see this screen
View attachment 2819131
8. Now download your game, I downloaded Samurai Vandalism - https://f95zone.to/threads/samurai-vandalism-v2-03-oneone1.83578/ because this game runs on unity and has an .exe file.
9. To make things easier, make a folder in your "Downloads" folder and extract the game in that folder only, because the "D Drive" is your Downloads folder in the Winlator.
10. You can click and drag to move the cursor and tap on the screen to left click. For on screen controls go back on your phone. Click on "Input Controls" then select "RTC" from the drop menu, you can customize them too, please let me know if you want to know how.
View attachment 2819143
View attachment 2819142
View attachment 2819141
View attachment 2819131
11. Now use your fingers to drag and cursor and open your "D:" drive. This is your in-phone downloads folder.
12. Navigate to your games folder.
View attachment 2819146
13. Run the .exe
14. Let it cook, it might take some time to launch the game.
15. Have fun!

Here is a little preview of the game running on my device. The Nothing Phone (1), 8 GB RAM, Snapdragon 788G+

View attachment 2819189
Screenshot_2023-08-20-16-09-03-746_com.winlator.jpg do you know why this showing Screenshot_2023-08-20-16-09-03-746_com.winlator.jpg

Horbsby

Jun 30, 2022
In my opinion (which is not the best) looks like the game cannot run under WINE. Check if you can switch settings around and get it to work. If absolutely no settings can make it work then you're fully out of luck, I don't think there is someone that is actively maintaining and patching this software to work with modern games like the desktop WINE is.

Reactions: nitish2686

Golempro1997

Oct 3, 2023
I'm gonna chime in kinda late but here is maybe a fix for your DirectX11 issue

Try DXVK in the settings of the box.

DXVK works by translating the API calls from DirectX to Vulkan which is better on Linux. It's how you can get new games to run on Linux
There is no DXVK in the container's settings

Mythili2202

Feb 15, 2024
Winlator works well with snapdragon but not with mali. In Mali gpu it's uses openly which have very limited compatibility and limited functions

Xeikatsu

Dec 6, 2022
GPU
Adreno 618 - use Turnip+Zinc(best performance but unstable 3D rendering), if you are using Exagear or winlator avoid using DXVX its incompatible... only use it on Mobox or Box86/64 and phone gpu is Adreno above 618

For Mali GPU use LLVMPIPE or Mesa for 3d rendering both are stable and universal(openGL) Rendering but dont expect performance

DirectX 8~11 - wined3d is the thing you use to trick emulator for directX

(for mobox&Box84/64 DXVX is a combination for 3d rendering(Vulkan) & directX if i get this right)

For Microsoft Net.Framework you will use wine mono and Wine Gecko