How to merge two image of renders

DrakeOnLand

Nov 11, 2019
Hello everyone, I want make my own VN but due to my potato pc single render time took 4-5 hrs and if I make 4 people with some environment it get crash many time. One things is that when I render seperate environment and character it get less time . So is there a way to both image to look like is one of them. I have try it, but after it clearer see anyone that are two pictures. If anyone have know please guide me.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
I did this a fair bit when I was still actively rendering with 3080 and ran out of VRAM. Spot rendering is going to be your friend here. Render the background (and maybe a central figure or two, if VRAM allows.), and then spot render the figure(s) in.

I was playing around with it at the end of this video as a test to see if it would work:

drapak12

Jul 7, 2018
Hello everyone, I want make my own VN but due to my potato pc single render time took 4-5 hrs and if I make 4 people with some environment it get crash many time. One things is that when I render seperate environment and character it get less time . So is there a way to both image to look like is one of them. I have try it, but after it clearer see anyone that are two pictures. If anyone have know please guide me.
Missfortune video explained all. I have few less advanced tips.
1 Most easy is rendering envi and using it as background image when rendering character. (environment tab, NOT render setting)
2 All parts of pictures should be rendered with same or similar camera setting.
3 Do not use camera headlamp.
4 With separate render for char and envi you cannot have reflection of char on envi elements, but you can have some ambient shadows. In render setting visible ground. (see shadows unde feets) Passengers Iray1_01.png Passenger Iray1_00.png
5 It is easier to adjust envi light to char light, but check if all shadows have the same direction. If you have problem remove/hide top and side part of envi and use HDRI. (ceiling and walls should be unvisible or transparent, eventuallu render envi parts sparately)

Reactions: osanaiko