• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

How to extract .rpa files

MotoMati

Jun 20, 2019
I have this tool called RPA Extractor, and im trying to use it to unpack the contents of a .rpa file from one of 395game's work called a tale of eden. I use the following command line "rpaextractor -x archive.rpa -o output" and press enter, and it gives me the following and finishes extracting. I expected the entirety of it to be unpacked, but from the 533 MB of content in this file, I only get about 5.31 MB of the stuff unpacked. I figured maybe my version was old, so after searching online, I downloaded a fresh copy, tried again, same as the attachment below except for the path line of the tool. I then fetched another tool which lets me view the contents of the .rpa but seemingly only the pictures, not any video files, and I can't use it to unpack the entirety of the .rpa in question, only one-at-a-time for each image file

Now its not that this rpa extractor tool is faulty, I used it to extract the contents of a few .rpa files entirely, but it seems that this single .rpa file doesnt like it at all. Is there another tool I can use to unpack any .rpa file with little to no missing content, or is there only the one extractor I already have?

Forgot to add: i did try using this last rpa tool called gallerify from a thread over here but it seems to be suffering from a java error that has rendered it useless, and no work has been done to fix it

Last edited:

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
[...] tried again, same as the attachment below except for the path line of the tool.
The error message is relatively explicit. For some reason, the tool decide to works in ASCII only, and simply failed when it encountered its first pure Unicode character.

Use or instead of this anyway outdated one.

MotoMati

Jun 20, 2019
from what the github shows for this rpatool program, it seems to be the same damn thing as my rpa extractor tool (command line args and all), but compared to the tool from before, it doesnt work in command prompt at all

the unrpa tool, I had to install python for and I had to find the right line, but in the end, I tested it with an rpa file from 395game's mist game and it works. imma re-download tale of eden and see what happens