How to do Repacking (Compress) Unity Games (in short):
Part I: Compression

1. Download .
  2. Extract it on your PC.
  3. Open it.
  4. Select Advanced Compression.
  5. Set Source (Path to the game).
  6. Set Output (Output Path).
  7. Set name of the created archive. (Default Is Data.arc)
    • You can set any name and any extension as long as it doesn't conflict with existing ones [I use Data1.l d x].
  8. Set Memory (I recommend 512 to prevent errors).
  9. In method, choose Best.
  10. Click Add, and then Click start.
  11. Wait for it to finish.
  12. Compressed archive will be created in the Output Directory.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Part II: Setup File
  1. I will use to create setup.
  2. Extract it and edit compiler.ini according to your liking.
  3. You can add your files (music, images hashfiles) inside the Files folder (replace orignal files with yours).
  4. Do not mess with Unpack and DLL folders.
  5. Open compiler.exe and click compile.
  6. Setup will be created in output folder.
  7. Place setup.exe and archives in same folder and do a test run.

You can use ISO maker feature of Mini Compressor to make an ISO file afterwards.
Also not every game will get a good ratio. So far every unity game I repacked using this method has always got smaller size than the original one in the OP.

An example of unity game compressed using this method can be found here.

Last edited:

lewdgamerxxx

Game Compressor
Sep 6, 2018
How to compress Updates of games efficiently:

Compressing games with this method takes a lot of time (took 10 hours to compress 16GB to 10GB)
So it will not be effective to compress the whole game again when an Update is released.
To solve this problem and make compression of updates using XDELTA.

Xdelta compares file on bit level. For example, Take a 1GB file. You edit it and make very small changes, which are worth only..., Let's say 50MB in size. Now what most people do while creating a patch is that they upload the changed files in the patch. So from above example you'll upload the full 1GB file, which is not very efficient.
Will add more information on this later on.

Last edited:

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Game Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
Hi! I think I didn't understand 1st step :(. How we put unpacked resources back to unity archives after that? Can u make a video guide maybe? Or make some screenshots at least...

lewdgamerxxx

Game Compressor
Sep 6, 2018
Hi! I think I didn't understand 1st step :(. How we put unpacked resources back to unity archives after that? Can u make a video guide maybe? Or make some screenshots at least...
I'll update it. You do not have to extract the files. You need to precompress them

Reactions: megalol

lewdgamerxxx

Game Compressor
Sep 6, 2018
This step is optional. Not required for every game. You don't need to do anything, the app will automatically prompt you to save the file if it's compressed. It will not extract it. It will just increase the size of the selected file. Then you can replace the original one.

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Game Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
This step is optional. Not required for every game. You don't need to do anything, the app will automatically prompt you to save the file if it's compressed. It will not extract it. It will just increase the size of the selected file. Then you can replace the original one.
Thanks, I got it when u replied before but additional explanation never hurts :D. I think it will be a hell of work to implement this in mine compressor, so need to check if all tools supports command line. Maybe in v1.0 I'll try to add Unity compression :).

Reactions: lewdgamerxxx

lewdgamerxxx

Game Compressor
Sep 6, 2018
Thanks, I got it when u replied before but additional explanation never hurts :D. I think it will be a hell of work to implement this in mine compressor, so need to check if all tools supports command line. Maybe in v1.0 I'll try to add Unity compression :).
You can add sfx only because setup will require editing if compiler.ini manually. (User based + things like game name, size which are different for each game so that's why manual editing is required.)

Reactions: megalol

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Game Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
You can add sfx only because setup will require editing if compiler.ini manually. (User based + things like game name, size which are different for each game so that's why manual editing is required.)
SFX I think is not a bad way. But I actially could make input fields in mine compressor that would write changes in installer script if needed and size can be calculated automatically (I'll just add function to calculate compressed folder size after compression finish and before compiling script in my tool for example) too...

Last edited:

lewdgamerxxx

Game Compressor
Sep 6, 2018
SFX I think is not a bad way. But I actially could make input fields in mine compressor that would write changes in installer script if needed and size can be calculated automatically (I'll just add function to calculate compressed folder size after compression finish and before compiling script in my tool for example) too...
It requires lot of input, You will understand when you open compiler.ini

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Game Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
What maximum compression ratio (comparing doing the same just with 7z) did u get with ur method? Anywhere near 50% or much lower? And how much time it takes to compress in average? And to summarize my questions: is it worth at all with that time/ratio since I'm not sure to add or not to add in mine tool in future :)?

Last edited:

lewdgamerxxx

Game Compressor
Sep 6, 2018
What maximum compression ratio (comparing doing the same just with 7z) did u get with ur method? Anywhere near 50% or much lower? And how much time it takes to compress in average? And to summarize my questions: is it worth at all with that time/ratio since I'm not sure to add or not to add in mine tool in future :)?
Size: You could see my repacks post for a spoiler named size comparison. It compares size with the one in the OP. (OP is compressed in rar zip format)
Compression Time: It takes max 4 hours on a 2C/4T CPU, but should be significantly faster on more cores (It's Multi Threaded) (depends on size).
Decompression Time: 10 Minutes Max on 2C/4T CPU.
Now if it's worth it or not, I think it's worth it because for people with limited connection/data cap, every MB is worth.

Last edited: