• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

how do i update hs2 without losing any current content ive installed

drenslo

Sep 22, 2023
i have have the update of the newer better repack exe but do i need to backup any folders such as UserData to paste back in afterwards so that i dont loose any previously installed items or is it just as simple as running the exe?

Tar77

Aug 23, 2019
Backing up is always a good idea but as far as UserData you shouldn't need to. It won't delete any of that. You will be given a choice to reset your settings. I'd recommend not resetting anything. However when you update the modpack it will delete some mods. In the actual modpack not the Repack update. The modpack is updated from the InitSettings exe. You'll be able to see which ones are going to be removed before actually removing them and downloading the new mods. What you can consider doing it tracking those mods down manually and copying them to another location in case you need them later for some reason.