• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Tool How do i translate a VN?

hegi2h8

May 15, 2019
hey, I want to translate a game I found that hasn't been translated yet where do I start exactly? it's not in rpgmaker and that's the only type of translator I've found (also I need to make three posts so I can even post the mega to the game)

Zethin

Succubus Rhapsodia
Donor
May 14, 2017
There's no universal translating tool. What game is it, or what engine does it run on?

hegi2h8

May 15, 2019
There's no universal translating tool. What game is it, or what engine does it run on?
I'm not to entirely sure it might be it's own? I know translator ++ doesn't work on it. The game is i'll never succumb to a sluts seduction it is a konosuba parody game. How do you usually check what the engine is? (will link when my account gains access)

Zethin

Succubus Rhapsodia
Donor
May 14, 2017
Not sure, hard to tell with just an .EXE file in the demo and nothing else. It looks like it's probably TyranoBuilder, which can be unpacked via arc_unpacker, but I wasn't able to get the game data opened after decompilation. Not sure if it's encrypted or what, but WinRAR and Bandizip refused to open the extra_data file for me.

See:

hegi2h8

May 15, 2019
well, I'm gonna look into that thread now, and now that I have posted three times I can post the game here, so it would be easier for anyone else trying to translate it.

hegi2h8

May 15, 2019
Not sure, hard to tell with just an .EXE file in the demo and nothing else. It looks like it's probably TyranoBuilder, which can be unpacked via arc_unpacker, but I wasn't able to get the game data opened after decompilation. Not sure if it's encrypted or what, but WinRAR and Bandizip refused to open the extra_data file for me.

See:
I was about to post the games download link and everything, but is there a template I need to follow I've been here long enough to see that there is a format for most posts along these lines and I don't want to break any rules or anything.

zashe7861

Sep 14, 2018
id also like to know how to extract and edit nv text so i can translate a vn. whatever knowledge you have on the matter would be greatly appreciated.
currently trying to edit .pk files