How do i get to a level where i can create realistic 3d female body model for Unreal Engine?

ablackcatman

Nov 10, 2020

TheExordick

Sep 25, 2021
What you are asking is: how to become proficient in 3d modeling, sculpting, texturing, rigging, animating and developing...

It not like you become good in one day. Daz is a good starting point as you already have a base model, but it needs a lot of work to be usable in an engine, so blender is your friend.

Customization of the character are morph targets (also called shape keys in blender) so you need to implement a mechanic to change such morphs on runtime and store the results somewhere.

Twoop

Mar 28, 2020
From scratch? Realistic and good would take years and sooner send you working in a bigger studio than doing a nsfw game, the link you posted is likely a purchased asset rather than a fully custom one. There's plenty of assets you can buy for UE and then edit, and there are some nsfw models available as well that can be imported.

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
Ideally you want a Character Creator similar to Honey Select.
Not sure what are your options for Unreal and I don't think most support NSFW bodies and genitals so you have to edit them if you can.
The problem is clothes, even if you manage to find a character creator you are unlikely to find many compatible clothes with that rig so most likely that has to be custom.

Sep 3, 2017
I have worked a bit with Unreal Engine and can only say that if you want to have realistic models but don't want to put the time in to learning how to 3d model or the money into hiring an artist, I suggest messing around with meta humans.

I'm not sure how in depth it goes (or if there is a nude version of the models) because I haven't used the plugin yet.

Other than that, you can go to the restricted section in sketchfab and get a base model. Then from there you can learn just a small bit of 3d modeling and edit it. (make sure you have show restricted option on or you won't see anything)

Also you can just search for assets on this site.

Asset Releases | F95zone

Imma be real with you. Unless you learn how to model yourself or make a visual novel and grab honey select assets, you are going to be severely limited on what you can actually do.

Learning how to get to that level of detail is going to take a significant amount of time like others have said before. I'm talking about years of learning human anatomy, topology, rigging, etc.

In fact, let me show you a timelapse about how many things you would need to know how to do to get even close to that level from my favorite 3D modeler.
And remember that they have been doing this for years so it would probably take you significantly longer to make the same thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: ablackcatman

ablackcatman

Nov 10, 2020
Learning how to get to that level of detail is going to take a significant amount of time like others have said before. I'm talking about years of learning human anatomy, topology, rigging, etc.
Yes thats exactly my question, what is the path to develop what is needed over the years. Do you have any concrete poniters, skills, courses, etc?

Tompte

Dec 22, 2017
Are you asking us how to learn? You learn by doing. Start at the beginning, with the basics. Find a beginner's tutorial of 3D modeling in the modeling software of your choice. Anyone will do. Forget about character modeling until you at least know some fundamentals.

Once you start doing anything at all, you'll begin to have real questions, instead of the one you're asking right now.

When you have the slightest grasp about the subject matter you're trying to learn, you will be much better equipped to ask better questions and to find your own answers.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2017
Yes thats exactly my question, what is the path to develop what is needed over the years. Do you have any concrete poniters, skills, courses, etc?
I can only recommend what I went/am going through. I wanted to improve my 3D modeling skills both as a modeler and as an artist so I had to learn the basics of both.

-3d Modeling-
I suggest learning with blender as it's a comprehensive 3d modeling program that is completely free to use.

Once you download that, you must go through the rite of passage for all blender beginners and create a donut:

Afterwards, look up a variety of tutorials and objects online and just practice creating them. You want to focus on developing a flow and getting use to the program. Things might not look super realistic in the beginning, but I can guarantee that you will take less time doing them.

I suggest going on sketchfab and just looking for stuff that interests you and try to recreate it. Things will come naturally afterwards so stop trying to plan everything now (dont worry about topology or rigging or any of the other complex stuff until you master making the model first). I can guarantee that as you develop your skills, your tastes will change.

(not my model)

(I wanted to make realistic stuff too until I saw how good hand painted textures and low-poly models could look)

1683978788399.png 1683978822563.png

And this is the first character model that I made (no textures)

Outline.png ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

There was a ton of stuff that I could have done better, but as you can see the movement and shading help hide a good portion of it.

-Traditional Art-
Learning the principles of art can make this process a lot smoother. Its important to understand human proportions, how light and color works, etc.

You don't have to do this to become a 3D modeler, but it will definitely take your art to the next level.
(It's easier to 3d model when you can draw all of the reference images you need instead of going online and trying to mix and match)

There are a bunch of YouTube videos on learning how to draw but I went for something a bit more structured. If you want to have the same lessons you would get at a traditional art school, but without paying thousands of dollars in tuition then you can check this link out.
(Still costs a bit of money but you can get a 20% discount by making 2 free accounts and sending yourself the invite a friend discount code)

Marc Brunet is a self-taught artist who has been doing professional work for years (worked in Blizzard as a 3D/concept artist) and made a course to help others do the same.

1683979422060.png 1683979453694.png 1683979477916.png

Last edited:
Reactions: ablackcatman