(Honey Select 2) Help with stutter every few seconds ( Garbage Collector? )

moongazer7

Mar 21, 2021
So i got back into this game recently but the game stutters every 3 seconds. With FPS counter on, i can see GC rising to nearly 400Mb, the stutter happens, and it drops and rises again. Stutter and fps drop repeats.

This didn't happen the last time i played HS2. Currently on BetterRepack R7. Can anyone help?

• Red Heart
Reactions: HardcoreCuddler

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
BetterRepack comes with a bunch of mods enabled by default that unoptimize the game in exchange for more quality which will cause most systems to stutter more than a base version of the game would.

Either you download a clean version of the game without mods, or disable all the heavy stuff enabled by default from better repack which will require some digging into the game settings.

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
So i got back into this game recently but the game stutters every 3 seconds. With FPS counter on, i can see GC rising to nearly 400Mb, the stutter happens, and it drops and rises again. Stutter and fps drop repeats.

This didn't happen the last time i played HS2. Currently on BetterRepack R7. Can anyone help?
hey
so I'm getting this as well and Clip Manager is causing it, because when I have a clip running, the game acts exacctly as described, I even checked FPS Counter.
When I pause all the clips, the GC no longer rises like hell.
Moreover, the GC seems to rise the most when a clip ENDS...which may be a clue.

By any chance, have you found a solution to this? It's really freaking annoying that no matter my PC, I can't fucking fix this...I'm kind of tired of it :-/

Apr 10, 2018
Open <game folder>/Game_Data/boot.config

edit gc-max-time-slice (default 3)

Higher values make the engine garbage collect less frequently so:

• Stutters will happen less often
  • Stutters will be bigger when they do happen because more garbage will be collected all at once
may it helps :unsure: