3.00 star(s) 6 Votes

cannon9009

Aug 17, 2018
Tip for anyone who is struggling, you need to aim under the ball, hitting it directly won't send it high enough.
  • Aim under the ball. You only score points if the pollen ball hits the hive, so hit angles around 30-50 (or above it, it's possible to hit it above the hive).
  • Timing is obviously just as important as your position. There's difference between hitting too late and too early.
  • The Drip stat will spawn more white droplets when a pollen ball hits the hive. White droplets make clothes disappear off the characters they touch (two separate touch spots for bra and panties) and unlock them in the gallery when they're fully un-clothed either on their top of bottom.
  • Left click to Focus and slow down time. Useful for fastballs and such but if you have trouble in general then Focusing can help you time swings better. I haven't figured out what the "Time" stat does but I think it gives you more Focus time.
  • Each difficulty unlocks a different number of entries in the "Wide" section of the gallery. Easy gives you 1 unlock, normal is 2 unlocks, and hard is 3 unlocks. It isn't only the length of the game that changes with difficulty but also the difficulty of the stages in it. For example, in Easy, you'll only see D and C rank stages (with an occasional "!" stage), while in hard, you can see up to A rank.

shortbusgangsta

Oct 6, 2020
Is this a skill issue on my side or is the game actually insanely difficult even on easy
it shows a white dot next to the batter before every pitch indicating where the ball will be.
you just have to adjust your bat to be below that dot and then time in correctly.

Yllarius

Dec 13, 2017
it shows a white dot next to the batter before every pitch indicating where the ball will be.
you just have to adjust your bat to be below that dot and then time in correctly.
This. The game was super hard until I realized not to look at the pitcher, and only focus on that spot. You should be hitting it roughly 30-45 ish degrees.

I got to the final round on normal twice now, but jesus the queen is hard. The ball travels three quarters of the way to you before slowing down insanely or speeding up and you just don't have time to respond appropriately even in slow-down time. -.-

Doctor Shark

Nov 7, 2019
Thanks to 0vermind207 and cannon9009 for their tips. Trying the game out on hard and I've only lost one stage thanks to a bunch of stupid disappearing-reappearing and looping pitches.

Does anyone understand how the gallery unlock works? Are the drips random or am I supposed to be aiming at a specific chunk of the hive? I see there's a # of drips stat but haven't found any upgrades for it yet. I've managed to get one of the cheerleaders and the umpire for the gallery but it all feels very random so far.

Edit: Okay, in addition to the up/down white dot there's a left/right red dot at the bottom of the screen that sort of controls where the drips will aim. Huge pain in the butt to try to keep my hand left/right steady while aiming up/down but I'm having fun.

Last edited:

Doctor Shark

Nov 7, 2019
The pitcher at the end of Easy and the one at the end of Medium/Hard are two separate characters for gallery unlocks.
Seems like you have to beat each mode twice to get everything--beating it once on each mode unlocked six of the 10 scenes in "Wide" and then beating it again on Easy unlocked another. Not sure I have it in me to beat Medium and Hard again... at least not tonight.

Siphonapteron

May 15, 2018
:geek: While bees and bugs are both insects, bees come from Order Hymenoptera whereas bugs are from the Order Hemiptera. It would be like calling Humans rodents just because they're both from the same Class.
The word "bug" predates the field of taxonomy, so unless you believe taxonomists should have the authority to alter the vernacular meaning of a common word on their whim, it's irrelevant.

Jotarosuke

Apr 8, 2020
seems like BepInEx and DumbDemosaic doesn't work with it, that's a shame. that or i'm just setting up my bepinex wrong... anyone care to help out?
Ask and you shall receive! While I don't have the full gallery unlocked, the two scenes that I do have unlocked are indeed uncensored. Just put these in the HoneyHomer_data folder

Magnafiend

Jul 7, 2022
Ask and you shall receive! While I don't have the full gallery unlocked, the two scenes that I do have unlocked are indeed uncensored. Just put these in the HoneyHomer_data folder
Thank god, I gave actually unlocking the gallery the normal way a shot but jesus the boss is absolute bullshit on normal/hard. Just hitting the ball let alone at the proper finicky angle is just impossible half the time and the color coding does jack shit to help since the types of pitches that fall under each color require the polar opposite reactions (using focus and NOT using focus right away for both blue signal pitches). Combine that with just finicky physics and balls that I swear im hitting but they just freaking vanish... great concept but the difficulty definitely needs some work.

darkfwol

Feb 17, 2020
So while other def put some tips before, I'd thought I'd share some of my knowledge to help anyone struggling. After beating all 3 modes it def got easier near the end once I learned some tricks. For aiming, you want the top of your aim circle to be about around the middle of the prediction circle, this gets you within the 2-4 degree angle of the sweetspot (around 35-37 degrees) each time. hitting the sweetspot is pretty much guaranteed homer and gives you a little fire effect on the ball. I found 80-90% of the time if my angle was bad/i didn't hit it far enough, it was because I needed to lower the bat/aim, so give it the benefit of the doubt when deciding if you need to be lower.

power is always a good buy, and angle especially if maxed can make hitting even the really tricky pitches much easier.
Range increases the sweetspot zone by what I think is 1 degree each level, so by max (which is 5) you can hit even at like 40-41 degrees and still be hitting dingers.
eye just tells you what pitches can happen when selecting a level and honestly is pretty useless imo since most pitches you need to see once just to get a good grasp of their trick
drip gives more droplets after hitting homers, honestly makes it harder to aim the droplets since they spread out until you get to really high levels so not as important
time gives you more timeouts (middle mouse button) which I found to be useful only in do or die situations where I have 1 pitch and I need the homer, you can pause and spend money on powerups (I recommend super and ample) because it makes any contact a homer

Honestly focus swing isn't useful unless you can really get the timing down on your swing in slow mo, most of the time normal swing worked best for me as timing on trickier pitches was easier. this led me to using reverse controls (left click for normal swing) and was great.

If you are having trouble actually making contact then sorry can't really help you there, just gotta learn what pitches look/start out like and learn from there (i.e the only pitch that starts on fire at the beginning slows down then you know to hold/wait for it)

Extremely funny game and I gotta hand it to the author for some of the NASTY pitches they came up with. After once or twice after getting fooled it you can def predict/get them but the first loopty loop pitch got me good. The only pitch that I honestly think is almost unhittable is satan incarnate the "ring pitch" just loop pitche but 10x harder to predict when the ball comes out and I never could hit it. Crystal is similar but the timing is much easier as all the fake balls stop beforehand.

10/10 game would play in free time, def love how hard mode gives trickier pitch lineups (i.e two pitches that start out similar but do different things)

does anyone know how to unlock the shopkeeper CGs in gallery B (5th and 6th ones) I got the first idk how and no clue how to get the second

Last edited:

Drake68655

May 13, 2017
Man, my reaction time is not good enough for this game, I'm just gonna politely request a completed gallery save.

Last edited:

Doctor Shark

Nov 7, 2019
does anyone know how to unlock the shopkeeper CGs in gallery B (5th and 6th ones) I got the first idk how and no clue how to get the second
It's by buying stuff but I'm not sure exactly. I think if you buy 3/6 items during one visit you get the first and 6/6 you get the second? If that's not it, then it's related to total buys.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drake68655
3.00 star(s) 6 Votes