2.20 star(s) 5 Votes

papel

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2018
And yet I want to ask: what do you want this game to be? What do you wish I add or remove? It's not granted, but I want to hear all deepest desires. Cumplay, violence, incest, bestiality... Maybe I should change Spine animated sex with gifs or pics? Maybe you want to see astonishing size difference? Maybe.. there should be story, dialogs? More personality of NPCs and captives?

I want to make a good game and I hope you can help me to choose direction. Thanks in advance <3
Without even having played (but downloading as I write), the first thing I want to tell you: do not bite more than you can chew, do not offer more than you can deliver.
Making a game people want to play is what all devs want, but sometimes you have to make a game you want to play first, then see what would bring other people to play it, instead of working the other way around, of figuring what people want and working that into the game you want to make.

I personally don't mind spine/bone animations, I think they have a certain charm (I'm using them on my project, so I'm biased). The thing that happens most often is that these animation lacks impact. There's a good example on your post for 0005a, the gif of the kobolds fucking. It lacks impact, it looks like the female is "fleeing" from the fuck. Ideally, the one on the receiving end should only move -after- the one fucking, as they're often being physically pushed. In your case, just see if you can make the hip connect first, then move the fucked ass forward. This is how I did it (nevermind the stutter of the gif repeating). Dunno how good/easy Unity is for setting up animations, but your best bet is probably keying the taker to "react" 0.1 second after the giver "hits"

One game I personally enjoyed a LOT was Hole Dweller, and although graphically simple, the sex animations had enough going that it got me going (or there was so much my imagination was filling in that it worked, or could be that the girls kept showing their horny reactions is what got me more, dunno). Another game that I enjoyed playing despite finding the sex lackluster was .

After actually playing, the "feel" is very rough. While the platforming works, there's a general floatiness and several little things that are annoying:
* Holding a direction when you finish climbing chains won't make you automatically move in that direction, you have to release the left/right button and press after you start falling.
* You can roll while in the air - rolling into certain things can shoot you up due to momentum
* The current lack of feedback from being hit, or hitting an enemy, is kinda annoying
* Pressing ESC while in any menu won't close it (if you have to program that similarly to how I had to in Godot, I don't envy you)
* Npcs get too close to one another, can make it hard to tell which one you'll interact with. Clicking on the [...] balloon to start an interaction could be a good alternative
* If you start an interaction while holding the movement button, you can continue running while the text shows up
* There's no way to zoom in or out, which I think is essential for the sex animations you have in game right now and for future ones, too
* On the village, if you enter the very last building to the right (warehouse?), you can "exit" into the windmill, which will lock that warehouse's inside as permanently visible

Reactions: Runario

MilkyNail (MariaMod)

Donor
Game Developer
May 18, 2019
Without even having played (but downloading as I write), the first thing I want to tell you: do not bite more than you can chew, do not offer more than you can deliver.
Making a game people want to play is what all devs want, but sometimes you have to make a game you want to play first, then see what would bring other people to play it, instead of working the other way around, of figuring what people want and working that into the game you want to make.

I personally don't mind spine/bone animations, I think they have a certain charm (I'm using them on my project, so I'm biased). The thing that happens most often is that these animation lacks impact. There's a good example on your post for 0005a, the gif of the kobolds fucking. It lacks impact, it looks like the female is "fleeing" from the fuck. Ideally, the one on the receiving end should only move -after- the one fucking, as they're often being physically pushed. In your case, just see if you can make the hip connect first, then move the fucked ass forward. This is how I did it (nevermind the stutter of the gif repeating). Dunno how good/easy Unity is for setting up animations, but your best bet is probably keying the taker to "react" 0.1 second after the giver "hits"

One game I personally enjoyed a LOT was Hole Dweller, and although graphically simple, the sex animations had enough going that it got me going (or there was so much my imagination was filling in that it worked, or could be that the girls kept showing their horny reactions is what got me more, dunno). Another game that I enjoyed playing despite finding the sex lackluster was .

After actually playing, the "feel" is very rough. While the platforming works, there's a general floatiness and several little things that are annoying:
* Holding a direction when you finish climbing chains won't make you automatically move in that direction, you have to release the left/right button and press after you start falling.
* You can roll while in the air - rolling into certain things can shoot you up due to momentum
* The current lack of feedback from being hit, or hitting an enemy, is kinda annoying
* Pressing ESC while in any menu won't close it (if you have to program that similarly to how I had to in Godot, I don't envy you)
* Npcs get too close to one another, can make it hard to tell which one you'll interact with. Clicking on the [...] balloon to start an interaction could be a good alternative
* If you start an interaction while holding the movement button, you can continue running while the text shows up
* There's no way to zoom in or out, which I think is essential for the sex animations you have in game right now and for future ones, too
* On the village, if you enter the very last building to the right (warehouse?), you can "exit" into the windmill, which will lock that warehouse's inside as permanently visible
Well thank you for this huge post. It made me think a lot. But I'll be short.

> do not bite more than you can chew
I don't fucking follow. I've been biting big pieces since I was 14, this is my everyday lifestyle and my wall is already full of trophies. I will either chew it down or die trying. ... Yes, that was kinda insulting.

About part with links well I can understand what you are talking about. Totally agree. I think I'll try to find a better animator for this task.

The list in the end - very useful, much thanks! I already work on the problems you've stated and I totally agree with them, too.
So, thank you for everything!

MilkyNail (MariaMod)

Donor
Game Developer
May 18, 2019
Homelands v0.0.8a! Introducing: the lore

Please consider following me only on or

Hello, everyone! I was happy to receive a lot of feedback (I was kinda surprised to get any at all) and I made many changes to plans regarding developing this game. And first thing I decided to add is a little more information about who the main character is and why he does what he does. Please read signs in every location. Plus, I made a few the most simple “life quality” changes to things people was not so happy about.

UPD v0.0.8a
Fixed:

- Now all interactable objects (portals, doors, NPCs...) calculate the distance to the player and choose the closest one. It is very useful in situations when you try to activate one specific object in crowd of NPCs.
- Fixed the default “I” button for toggling Inventory. Now it works perfectly.
- Moved a mill and a cabin a little further apart in the settlement, so you can’t be trapped in there forever.
- Now it’s not mandatory to capture all snow leopards in the fighting zone to open the gate. You can just defeat them and leave.
Added:
- Added.. information! Please read signs in every location, they contain the base info about who you are and what you are doing. It’s a bit raw, but we have to start somewhere.
- Also added an info window to every portal. You’ll see why.
- Now pause menu, clothes menu, character creation menu, settings, info windows – all of them can be closed by pressing “Esc” button. Sadly, that doesn’t apply to dialogs. They use the completely different system of UI management.
- Added pixel perfect camera component to the main camera. This could make the overall picture slightly better, but it’s still far from perfection… Work in progress.

Okay, one person said it would be nice to know what I’m going to work on next. First thing, I’m going to fix as many bugs as possible in the fighting zone (projectiles moving through enemies? Impossible to tolerate). Second, I have a lot of new animations to be installed. In addition, all of them need new pieces of code, so it will take some time. For example, there are a couple of new NPC models (fox and horse) and new sex animation just for tests.

I want to work on bugs and new content at the same time, but there are too many fixes to be made for now. Anyway, we never stopped working on the ero animations – the most important thing in the whole game. Yep, still in process. At least we found solutions to the problems I was talking about earlier.

Stay warm this autumn; don’t get sick like I did. See you in two weeks with new version!

Reactions: Kallumin

MilkyNail (MariaMod)

Donor
Game Developer
May 18, 2019
Homelands v0.0.9a! Last serious bug is fixed!

Please consider following me only on or

Hello, everyone! Sorry for such a small update, autumn got me and I’m all sick and wasted. It’s sad, yeah. I was working really slow... Okay, let’s move to the next part.

I started to work on the fighting zone to remove the last serious bugs. Animations, enemies, attacks, hitscans and everything. A lot of work. A lot. I will ask our former programmer to help me in order to speed up the process.

UPD v0.0.9a
Fixed:

• I think you noticed that the gray fox on the loading screen looks like a torn ragdoll when fading in and out. It’s impossible to fix, so I reduced it’s fading time by 30%. Looks a bit better now.
  • Now all projectiles hit ground and enemies as they supposed to do. There was a really unexpected bug.
  • Foxes and horses (both genders) were updated in the settlement. They have slightly better appearance now.
Added:
  • Added code that generates updated NPCs (foxes and horses) with random accessories. There are 4 pieces for foxes, 5 ones for female horse and 6 for male horse.
  • Added a new portal to the fighting zone. You can abandon mission and return to Hub anytime now.

Remember that post where I asked you what you would like to see in Homelands in the future? I really don’t want to add some questionable (illegal) content to the game, but there is one thing I want to show to you. And I think you’ll like it!

Our artist is working on concept art of a new enemy. A really big one~ The boss of the location. With dialogs, dangerous attacks, charisma and large penis. All the best stuff, yes. We are working on this right now.

May the autumn blues pass you by<3

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
Homelands-0.0.9a
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.

We're doing a funding run! !​

Larchen

Jan 22, 2019
I have a problem at the beginning of the game, I go to the portal, press E and nothing happens, what should I do?

chinyaluz

Dec 15, 2021
The game still has problems, the interaction key (E) fails after entering the copy, can not pick up items, can not interact

chinyaluz

Dec 15, 2021
When you encounter any enemy, even just passing by them will cause the keys to fail, you can only move and attack, you can't transport back to base and you can't go to new maps, I remember this problem existed several versions ago, although it is rude to say but you don't seem to fix it

papel

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2018
Small annoyances:
* As soon as the game starts, my firewall catches an attempt to connect to the internet. Might be a default Unity option or something
* Starting a new game, the arrow options don't loop. Since there are only 2 options, this could work as a Radio Button instead (single choice picker)
* "Genetails" instead of Genitals
* Started a new game, alt-tabbed while the game was loading. After it finished loading, it sent me back to the "New Character" screen. Alt-tabbing out to complain about it here, then back to the game, got it into the proper place. Couldn't replicate it afterwards.
* Shooting with a bow, the arrow "flies in" from the screen side towards your hand
* Feels like it takes some 10 seconds for the music to begin playing

Problems:
* Reached the end of the first stage, the gate was closed. Pressing E when the paw appears did nothing
* Ran past a closed gate at the end of the first stage and died.
* Going left from the start also kills you
* Apparently softlocked myself in the first stage, the portal at the start did nothing when I interacted with E (this was a new save, deleted the one from the previous 08 version. Character is a female, carrying a crossbow and captured the 2 enemies that appeared)
** Softlocked myself a second time, using a bow. It seems that knocking an enemy out of screen doesn't count towards the quest and causes the problem. Save/exit and getting back lets you finish the stage again
** Softlocked a third time, now with a sword. Only 2 enemies spawned.
** Softlocked every time since on this second stage. Sword, unarmed, bow again, and lastly a hammer. On that last run, 4 enemies spawned, knocked them all with the right click and grabbed(?) them. The gates at the end don't react, nor the portal at the beginning
** Deleted old save, started new save, grabbed the magic staff, knocked 3 enemies. Gates didn't open.

** Deleted save again, closed the game, restarted, grabbed a bow. One enemy spawned. Gates didn't open.
** After lots of trial and error above, and reading again chinyaluz and Saint Peverell posts, I can confirm that interacting with a downed enemy will break/softlock you into the stage, making it impossible to interact with any other object, including health pickup and the other weapon. Completely ignoring them is the best option right now
* Normal bow attack still lets you start a jump. Strong bow attack (3 arrows) lets you keep running, jumping and using the roll without interrupting the shot
* Strong sword attack shifts left and right with your character. Quickly press A-D after starting the attack to see it
* Knocking an enemy offscreen can cause it to continue moving while downed
* Characters that are attacking (both player and enemy) don't immediately die. In the case of the player, you can get stuck, with your character no longer moving

I think you noticed that the gray fox on the loading screen looks like a torn ragdoll when fading in and out. It’s impossible to fix, so I reduced it’s fading time by 30%. Looks a bit better now.
Does Unity have something to modulate colors? If so, see if you can make the silhouette go black instead of making it transparent, so it fades to the color of the background instead of becoming invisible and showing the overlaps.

Of my originally listed bugs, I noticed that these 2 got fixed

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
Small annoyances:
* As soon as the game starts, my firewall catches an attempt to connect to the internet. Might be a default Unity option or something
Wait, Does Unity already inject Spyware into their Runtime?
Hv run many Unity games, they never asked to connect to the internet. And They shouldn't.

papel

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2018
Wait, Does Unity already inject Spyware into their Runtime?
Hv run many Unity games, they never asked to connect to the internet. And They shouldn't.
I'm using simplewall, it always shows a prompt whenever a new executable attempts to connect to the internet

1696604943740.png

Jul 4, 2018
Right, so to everyone that might read this
Small annoyances:
* Starting a new game, the arrow options don't loop. Since there are only 2 options, this could work as a Radio Button instead (single choice picker)
* "Genetails" instead of Genitals
* Started a new game, alt-tabbed while the game was loading. After it finished loading, it sent me back to the "New Character" screen. Alt-tabbing out to complain about it here, then back to the game, got it into the proper place. Couldn't replicate it afterwards.
* Shooting with a bow, the arrow "flies in" from the screen side towards your hand
* Feels like it takes some 10 seconds for the music to begin playing

Problems:
* Reached the end of the first stage, the gate was closed. Pressing E when the paw appears did nothing
* Ran past a closed gate at the end of the first stage and died.
* Going left from the start also kills you
* Apparently softlocked myself in the first stage, the portal at the start did nothing when I interacted with E (this was a new save, deleted the one from the previous 08 version. Character is a female, carrying a crossbow and captured the 2 enemies that appeared)
** Softlocked myself a second time, using a bow. It seems that knocking an enemy out of screen doesn't count towards the quest and causes the problem. Save/exit and getting back lets you finish the stage again
** Softlocked a third time, now with a sword. Only 2 enemies spawned.
** Softlocked every time since on this second stage. Sword, unarmed, bow again, and lastly a hammer. On that last run, 4 enemies spawned, knocked them all with the right click and grabbed(?) them. The gates at the end don't react, nor the portal at the beginning
** Deleted old save, started new save, grabbed the magic staff, knocked 3 enemies. Gates didn't open.

** Deleted save again, closed the game, restarted, grabbed a bow. One enemy spawned. Gates didn't open.
** After lots of trial and error above, and reading again chinyaluz and Saint Peverell posts, I can confirm that interacting with a downed enemy will break/softlock you into the stage, making it impossible to interact with any other object, including health pickup and the other weapon. Completely ignoring them is the best option right now
* Normal bow attack still lets you start a jump. Strong bow attack (3 arrows) lets you keep running, jumping and using the roll without interrupting the shot
* Strong sword attack shifts left and right with your character. Quickly press A-D after starting the attack to see it
* Knocking an enemy offscreen can cause it to continue moving while downed
* Characters that are attacking (both player and enemy) don't immediately die. In the case of the player, you can get stuck, with your character no longer moving

Does Unity have something to modulate colors? If so, see if you can make the silhouette go black instead of making it transparent, so it fades to the color of the background instead of becoming invisible and showing the overlaps.

Of my originally listed bugs, I noticed that these 2 got fixed
You can bypass Softlocking yourself, how? It's quite simple

do nothing.

That's it, do nothing.

Proceed as normal through the stage.

Pick up a weapon or don't, kill the enemies on the stage and then interact with the Gate at the end, it should, in theory at least(according to my testings) open now, though it will keep you still for around 10-20 seconds.

Afterwards you go into the town to talk to some NPCs and that's about it, the entire game is barebones as is so there's like 2 sex scenes and boom, congratulations you have completed this version of "Homelands" now uninstall it because there's nothing to do after you get to the town.

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
I'm using simplewall, it always shows a prompt whenever a new executable attempts to connect to the internet

View attachment 2985069
Yeah Any basic Firewall can control internet access, and you are right to always overseer what program can gain access. (I'm using Windows Defender)
No game should ask for internet access unless it's an online game / has online features.

It's more concerning Since Unity indicate they want to install spyware into their runtime.

Guess We need the Dev MilkyNail (MariaMod) to clarify why it asks for internet access

Runario

Dec 6, 2019
I need your opinion, player

Well, hello. We need to talk. I know a lot of you not so happy about the very existence of my new game - Homelands. And yet, I want to address people who are still expecting something from it.

The gameplay cycle of Homelands is pretty simple. You rest in Hub, then go to the fighting zone and fight enemies, then go to the settlement to collect your reward - loot (it's a piece of wood for now), then go back to Hub to chill, have fun with captives and upgrade the house with collected materials. For now, you can be futa or cboy (cuntboy) and you also will be able to play with other futas and cboys.

I know that I should tell you more, but let's keep it simple for now. I also understand that the whole project is buggy, clumsy and not-arousing at all. It's very raw. Very alpha.

And yet I want to ask: what do you want this game to be? What do you wish I add or remove? It's not granted, but I want to hear all deepest desires. Cumplay, violence, incest, bestiality... Maybe I should change Spine animated sex with gifs or pics? Maybe you want to see astonishing size difference? Maybe.. there should be story, dialogs? More personality of NPCs and captives?

I want to make a good game and I hope you can help me to choose direction. Thanks in advance <3

My email: MilkyNailMail@gmail.com
Discord (don't forget to mention me or send a direct message): | milkynail
Or just write in the comments below
You beat yourself up too much about what the people here think/ want.
Most ppl come here 2 have a good time. For now your game is not at the point 2 give this experience.
That's why the reviews are not so good atm.

The idea of the game is fine.
Just do your thing and make a game that you would enjoy.
If you get it 2 this point, you will get your fans!

Anyway... what the ppl here want the most is probably:

-animations that 'get the job done' (this is rly important!)
for starters some basic straight and gay animations (polls show that the furry community is just more into this than other community's)
After this you can think about more exotic kinks...
The spine animations are fine but they have 2 be good.
If you want less work with the animation part you can combine it with writing. Describe what happens while the animation is running (like GROVE or Lust for Adventure)

-less bugs/ a fluid 'game-feeling'

-something 2 do (story/ crafting/ grinding for gear/ animations,...)

Last edited:

Ryproar

Nov 29, 2017
Bring in the human bandits, goblins, and other monsters. :p
He said it isn't gonna happen. No feral, no monsters, no "illegal" content, and nothing too kinky.
You'd be better off playing something better tbh. I mean the fact that the only playable character choices are c boy or futa is kinda limiting as well. I have been arguing with him in discord and he is sticking to vanilla content only. This game will flop hard compared to his direct competition like Kincaid, Mystic Knight Maya, and many MANY others.
There is nothing to set it apart from the sea of furry games. Sad but don't hold your breath on him ever doing anything but vanilla stuff.

MilkyNail (MariaMod)

Donor
Game Developer
May 18, 2019
Well I do want to try size difference, Ryproar! That's.. vanilla, yes. But more extreme vanilla!

I didn't expect so much messages and I can't answer to every one of you (but I would love to). So just know that I read everything and I appreciate your opinion:) Even if you are hating the game. It's totally earned.

I agree almost with everyone, by the way. And with haters the most. No one hates Homelands and Unity and Spine more than me lol. I save your messages (yes, Papel, I have your lists on my desktop), I learn from them, I fix mistakes you point at and I appreciate this help<3

2.20 star(s) 5 Votes