Ren'Py - Holiday Island [v0.4.1.0] [darkhound1]

1. 5.00 star(s)

valantis

Great game with top busty cheeks. As you understand if your poison is not busty girls then this game is not for you. Developer seems to be doing an excellent work adding content and fixing bugs even though the latter is not perfected yet. Overall an excellent game.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

TheMasterLurker

Extensive Game made in Ren'py with excellent 3D renders in IRay! So far, there are not that many actual sex scenes, but plenty magnificent girls in swimsuits to look at. The conversations with the girls (how you get their affection and into their pants) are also quite well written, but could use some more work in the future. As long as more scenes get added however, this deserves nothing but 5 stars.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Zippity

The following review is based off my personal experience with playing this Game/Visual Novel... I try to be as brutally honest and detailed as I can, and these are my own opinions and thoughts, from one or more play throughs... The version this review is based on is v0.0.7...

Originally Reviewed on 01/10/2018

This game looks like it's going to be a grindy game much like Superpowered, but with a way better interface...

The visuals of the characters are spot on, even though it does kind of cater more towards big breasted women, for those with that fetish... There is a cool and creative feature in the very beginning where you can select breast and body preferences, but unsure if that effects random girls or the choice list for the 2 girls you get to select at the beginning? The backdrops are all ok looking... The user interface is where this game shines...

The script looks good, as I don't remember seeing any spelling/grammar errors... The plot isn't much, and it's not really this games thing... As there really isn't much story in this game... You play a male protagonist, who is a lottery winner, winning a very long vacation stay, as the only guy, at a special beach resort where lots of company super models will also be attending and working there... Now, even though that is so far fetched and beyond reality, it's this games overall motif, being all about relationships and sex, so you just have to feign ignorance and keep playing... Nothing much else to it...

You need to increase the protagonists personal stats, such as strength, endurance, lust, etc... And you also need to raise all the female characters stats, such as lust, personal affection, personal love, etc... By doing that, you open up new content... There is a caveat to that though, as sometimes performing certain requests will lower the characters stats (sort of like a purchase system)... Plus, there is the chat function, which I'm not a fan of in any game that uses it, that you have to pay real close attention to, because some chat subjects decrease affection... And it's different for every female character, as to what is positive and what is negative...

In any case, there are lots of other features such as strip poker games with the female characters who show up at the bar at night (this is one of the only ways of seeing full nudity in the current content, but the choices for actually winning are limited, as they are still under construction)... Some scheduled events that pop up on the protagonists cell phone, even though they don't really do anything yet (WIP)... Quests, of which there is only one I ran into from the nurse... Get ready for lots of masturbating in the protagonists room every day... The quests are the current way of getting overall Holiday Island Favor, as well as character specific favor... Didn't see any other way to get the different favors, unless it's something hidden...

Overall, for it just being a highly grindy relationship sex game, it's not bad... It's just not something I find terribly interesting, because the grind is insane and it lacks any story elements, beyond the intro... I'm sure some folks will love it, but that pretty much categorizes it as a niche game... I really did find the overall UI very impressive compared to other games that use the same exact game play design... Plus this game shows lots of information on the different characters via the cell phone, which was also impressive... I think the game shows a lot of promise for what it is, but it's just not something I want to waste time playing, as I'm not a fan of super grindy games... I will most likely not revisit this game, and not because it's flawed or anything... This game is very early into it's development, so there isn't much in the way of sex content for the moment, but the basic mechanics seem spot on... Best of luck to the author/s...
  4. 5.00 star(s)

hdm317

Slow progress speed and many complex and useless functions. Rather, there is no function required. Every scene repeats everyday to see it again, but it does not have much content, only the number of girls is large and useless.
    The conclusion is greedy but not talented.
    Or creators will make the time to write an excuse for cheating.
    It just CG thing, not game, If you are going to play, do not do it waste your time.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

lalala1235

Its a good game. It's very upfront with its harem apeal. In the future I think it'll be muchbetter with more events to stagger the grinding. Right now its fairly bare bones and a lot of the charicters are fleshed out.

I voting more on what I think this game will be like further down the line when the sexyist thing in it is bloody strip poker.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Prokopije

Game looks nice. Interesting concept, dating sim which is always + and more than decent art. Lot of available characters to interact with. One big flaw - game is designed exclusively for narrow audience - big breasts lovers. I just think that people which are not fans of "represented sizes" should have something for them inside game. Pair or two of B's wouldn't kill anybody.
  7. H
    5.00 star(s)

Heartlessnobody95

God I love this game. I love the idea I love the renders. The animations are even good. However what makes this game stand apart is that there is a plethora of girls to choose from when you first start this game. If all of these girls are developed then I can totally see this becoming a giant task but also a monolith of what you can do in this industry.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Dollars303

Great game with stunning original art. The first updated character amy is beyond stunning and follow up characters are just getting better and better. Major props for the Dev being here and responding to bugs. He also listens to suggestions and has constant updates. Recently started a patreon page so if you like to support great fun sandbox adult games think about supporting him.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

KingOfBachata

I've never seen a game like that. There is a plethora of girls and you can choose your preferred body type! The theme of the game is very good, but I think the beginning of the story should be better explained, we only know that the character won a prize, we do not know anything that happened before that. The character neither suspects of this surreal prize. The game only has wonders, challenges should happen to make the dynamics better. This game is in my TOP 3.

I think the author should create a page on patreon ;)
  10. 5.00 star(s)

MonteChristo

The art is particularly awesome. This is particularly true for the boob lovers among us... The gameplay is getting better but I have been having difficulties on a Mac. I'm looking forward to more updates.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

MrJ

Very sexy girls, nice animations. I like the possibilty to choose your type of girls. Also very good are all the clothes. Hopefully, there will be soon more content. Maybe another male charakter so you have to fight for the girls.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

yellow01gt

This game is super fun and unique, love it. The girls are fantastic and the environment has a good feel to it. I have been following this game since version 0.0.3 and eager to see more. props to the developer.....
  13. 5.00 star(s)

cacalo

Even if it's an early version:
    - Possibility of model body customization
    - Hot and nice models
    - Hot and nice models with toned and muscled body!
    - Good content updating
    - Solid scenarios with great possibilities
    - Personalized events for each girl (Amy and few more to date, but increasing!)
    - Amy

Really nice game. Looking forward to see where goes.