ADRIFT Completed Part 1 of the Himeros Trilogy: Himeros Hotel [v1.04] [Seztworks]

2.80 star(s) 5 Votes

Sezt

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2017
@gfsgsdggg3 Let me see If I can help. If you have been given the tome you need to be in your room and use the command 'place tome'. You can then read it in the evening. In regards to your other question that has more options and I would need to know your progress to help. In the lower part of the UI there is a L: number. Please send me this in a conversation or write it here and I should be able to help.

Sezt

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2017
@fsefgsegseg4s
Your questions are a bit early for your run unless I am not reading your number right. You have another event in your room at 9 that should unlock a room upgrade. This will move a bunch of stuff forward. The tome comes a few steps later.

Last edited:

vimmers

Engaged Member
Aug 12, 2017
how do you load a saved game
i don't see the option only to save a game ?

Sezt

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2017
@vimmers File -> Open Game
No idea why they named it that. Open adventure is to load a non-standalone adrift file.

vimmers

Engaged Member
Aug 12, 2017
i tried that but it gives me this error

Code:
   ved ADRIFT.frmError..ctor(String sErrorMessage, Exception ex)
   ved ADRIFT.SharedModule.ErrMsg(String sMessage, Exception ex)
   ved ADRIFT.frmRunner.DoToolClick(String sKey, String sCaption, String sTag)
   ved Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsManager.OnToolClick(ToolClickEventArgs e)
   ved Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsManager.FireEvent(ToolbarEventIds id, EventArgs e)
   ved Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.PopupMenuItemUIElement.DoClickProcessing(MouseEventArgs e)
   ved Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.PopupMenuItemUIElement.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   ved Infragistics.Win.TextUIElementBase.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   ved Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseUpHelper(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
   ved Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseUp(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
   ved Infragistics.Win.Utilities.ProcessEvent(Control control, ProcessEvent eventToProcess, EventArgs e)
   ved Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.PopupControlBase.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   ved System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   ved System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   ved System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
   ved System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DefWndProc(Message& m)
   ved Infragistics.Win.UIAutomation.UiaProviderControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& msg)
   ved System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
   ved System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
   ved System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
   ved System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
   ved System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   ved System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   ved ADRIFT.frmRunner.Main()
   ved System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   ved System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   ved System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   ved R.P.Main(String[] args)

Sezt

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2017
That can happen if you saved in an "inconvenient" place for adrift or it didn't close correctly. This can in most cases be worked around. Click to close the popup and then anywhere on the mapwindow -> any location and it should resume where you left off. I hope that works for you. If not let me know and we can take another step.

Last edited:

vimmers

Engaged Member
Aug 12, 2017
i wasn't not far into the game so no problem with starting over
but what do you mean with inconvenient place
is it best to save in your room ?

Sezt

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2017
To be honest. I don't fully understand when and where these errors happen.
It should be safe to save whereever as long as you are standing still and have nothing entered into the text window and have not selected anything with the mouse in the map window. I fear those can sometimes confuse Adrift.

I am sorry to hear that you had start over. I will always try to help to help fix your issue and if you should get stuck again feel free to let me know.
Edit: In regards to the work around I made this short video in Haven to show a similar error

Last edited:
Reactions: Mat Skyfire

Sezt

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2017
@Davox Hope it is alright that I quote myself from earlier in this thread.
Yeah, the virus flag has been an issue for a long time with Adrift.

The VirusTotal list has 14/65 engines detecting a generic flag. It does not contain any known trojans, but just parts of code that might look like one. I fully understand the hesitation, but sadly there isn't much I can do other then comfirm that I have added nothing to the Adrift runner other then text and images.
The only thing it might hurt is your wrist, if I have done my job right :)
You can work around this by adding the file or the folder you download it to as an exception in your antivirus software.

Sezt

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2017
I have added a link to the FAQ to the frontpage. To ease help with some of the common questions. Will add more as I remember them :)

Tanaxanth

Donor
Mar 2, 2018
heh stuck at: 2016181617211719171615

curious how long it takes for taylor to get chapter 3 done

Sezt

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2017
Written to the two above in conversations. If anyone else has issues feel free to let me know.

anotherguy27

Sep 8, 2017
Hi Sezt
I have a problem my L:3851017218510510
I seem to be stuck and cant seem to trigger any new events, any help would be great.
Thanks

notthisguy

Aug 28, 2016
Hey Sezt

Not sure how I feel about this game. I love the real girls and relatively vanilla content, but it's really tough to find all the triggers naturally. At Day 68 now and can't seem to find the next step. (L:37521716221056).

2.80 star(s) 5 Votes