Daz Blender High resolution Daz to blender and back

Raw Magic

Gangster
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2021
Hi Everyone ! Is there any way to export daz characters with Resolution Level high instead of base to blender then go back to Daz as morph ? I am trying to make a unique character but only have low resolution and to sculpt it's not good. I can import to blender in high resolution with no problem but when i go back to Daz i get an error saying that geometry doesn't meet.

Laikhent

May 16, 2018
As a morph you unfortunately can't. A morph is just information of where each vertex should move. The extra vertices a genesis with high resolution has in DAZ are just "virtual" vertices and do not actually exist. You can notice that when you go into tools > geometry editor and see that you can't select any vertex that is not a base vertex. So, if they are not really there, they can't receive morph information.

When you export the mesh to blender with a higher resolution, the vertices are generated for real but then you can't put the information of those vertices on the genesis model inside DAZ, since those vertices don't actually exist there (and thus, if you try, you get the geometry mismatch error).

Edit: Now I remembered a model/prop that had like 1M+ verts when I put it in high resolution and had WAY less than I would expect when I put it in base res, so I may actually be wrong and there might be a way I'm unaware of.

Last edited:

Raw Magic

Gangster
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2021
Thank you man, this explain a lot! And you know if i can export de high resolution character, morph in blender and bring back to daz as a ful character instead of a morph if i still use the G8 clothes, hair ... ?

Laikhent

May 16, 2018
I believe you can, but not out of the box. I have a good idea on how it could be done but since I never did it you would be much better off getting advice from someone that has experience with that. If you ask that same question in the DAZ forums you should get the answer you need.

Btw, although it's easy to bring stuff from daz to blender (there's even the DAZ to blender bridge for that) I heard it's not that simple to bring a character from blender back to DAZ. If you like to modify your stuff in blender, it's worth to consider rendering directly in blender instead (not sure how is the rendering quality in blender in comparison with DAZ though).