[Ren'Py] [VN] High Life [Ep. 1] [Erosion]

Discussion in 'Games' started by Erosion, Jul 30, 2018.

[Ren'Py] [VN] High Life [Ep. 1] [Erosion] 5 5 7votes
5/5, 7 votes

1. Thread
  2. Reviews (7)
  1. farrah

farrah Active Member

Aug 26, 2017
    Hopefully this guys will get more supports and a lot of patrons. They really deserve it. And they will make us happy every month, releasing a new update.

2. Eerie Entity

Eerie Entity Well-Known Member

May 28, 2018
    Yeah, they really do deserve it and I sincerely hope this will turn out to be a huge success.
    I'm usually not that keen on FemPro VNs, but this one and J.O.H.N. (Jessica O'Neil's Hard News) broadened my horizon, these two VNs were incredibly enjoyable, even for someone like me, and that speaks volume to just how great VN is in the making here, I'm absolutely a fan of High Life :)

I only wish I could support these guys (and many others) financially, but maybe one day things get better and I'll be able to :) But in the meanwhile I'm most certainly not demanding no elite version, certainly not this soon after being released to the Patreons, I'll happily wait for as long as I need to for it to pop here, if it ever does, I'm happy with just the standard version in either case :)

3. max6325974

max6325974 New Member

Feb 21, 2018
    Damn.. That was short, I'm really into this one.... This is different and nice.. I love the room for choice you have as well

alicerabbit01, Namco15 and Enyos like this.
  4. farrah

farrah Active Member

Aug 26, 2017
    I'm not a big fan of Fem MC too(only with lesb route), but this game is definitely added on my fav game list, along with AWAM. (J.O.H.N. really good too, but not like these two)
    I will definitely support these guys. Unfortunately, not as much as I want. But I'll try.

maga1991, Namco15 and Eerie Entity like this.
  5. Olivia_V

Olivia_V Active Member

Jun 5, 2017
    Looks like the Erosion team met its first Patreon goal. Congrats!

6. farrah

farrah Active Member

Aug 26, 2017
    I think they reach next goal as quickly, after few updates. It's time to add 3.

Eerie Entity likes this.
  7. Eerie Entity

May 28, 2018
    Happy to hear that, but they deserve more than that, lets hope for the best :)

Namco15 and farrah like this.
  8. froztee1

froztee1 Member

Jan 28, 2018
    Very impressed. High quality work, here. Signed on as a patron.

9. froztee1

froztee1 Member

Jan 28, 2018
    This is all a matter of preference. I mean, I hope to see scenes with both Ryan and Izzy, and Mum too. But there are enough great characters so far to keep things varied.

Eerie Entity likes this.
  10. sharma

sharma Member

Mar 2, 2018
    Renders looking really good

Namco15, Enyos and Eerie Entity like this.
  11. wazaa

wazaa New Member

Aug 5, 2017
    It is more simple than that. It is the first time windows deffender didn’t let me uncompress a renpy game cause virus detection.

A false positive needs to be decided by an antivirus company, not a moderator of a forum. If any antivirus tell me something has a virus, it has... until someone competent in this matter tell me the oposite.

And as I told, changing the exe with the virus with a 100% compatible one with no virus worked perfectly.

12. Olivia_V

Olivia_V Active Member

Jun 5, 2017
    Yeah... after playing through it a second time, I think the bed conversation between Ele and Aggie would benefit from Ele actually facing Aggie when she responds instead of looking... down?

13. Eerie Entity

May 28, 2018
    I think the whole conversation she had with Aggie was a bit uncomfortable, people tend to look away from the person they are talking to if they are uncomfortable, or at least won't look directly at the person, and you can see that she was uncomfortable :p

14. Francis Fleshripper

Francis Fleshripper Active Member

Oct 29, 2016
    Indeed !! Indeed!!

15. bossapplesauce

bossapplesauce Nerd Moderator Modder Donor

May 6, 2017
    Here's the exe from that game:

Please Log in / Register to view this link

The 2/67 means there's not a virus in this game's exe.

Namco15 and Penfold Mole like this.
  16. Arhiippa Pylkkönen

Arhiippa Pylkkönen New Member

May 29, 2017
    I was blown away by the quality of this first episode. The writing and characterization were good enough to hook me even without nudity. Of course I rather enjoy that aspect too, since the renders are really nice, but the biggest aspect that pushed this game head and shoulders above other new VNs for me was the spot on atmosphere. The team has used all the tools available almost seamlessly to enhance the narration. If they can keep up this kind of quality, I'd love it as a kinetic novel and with meaningful choice it has a realistic chance to become the best VN I have ever played. One episode in I'm not yet expecting that, but even the chance of it forced me to make a pledge.

17. Eerie Entity

May 28, 2018
    Yeah, and you can really tell that they have love and passion for this VN, for the story, I honestly believe that this one already has what it takes to become a huge hit, it's already headed that way, based on the praises it has already gained, I for one am going to be paying close attention to this one :)
    Lets hope the team gains enough supporters and a huge following so that they can keep working on this and perhaps even be able to release content on a monthly basis :)

By the way, you're like the second or third Finn I've seen here in the forums, we the Finns are a rather rare sight here, haha :p

18. bacchusplateau

bacchusplateau Well-Known Member

May 23, 2017
    I normally don't play a first release and try to wait for at least a third one. I'm looking for more content and I hate it when I find something I can get behind, yet it dies even before the developer makes a second version. With the hype on this thread, I decided to give this a try, and by Jeebus, it sure as hell didn't disappoint! I could go on about the excellent renders; story; atmosphere; soundtrack; but obviously it has all been said before in this thread and I wouldn't really be adding anything new.

But what I do want to add is my appreciation to the team creating this story. The, 'Wish I had money so I can support,' sometimes feel empty and insubstantial, but seriously, as things are getting better for me financially, this game is first on my list.

Thank you.

19. the66

the66 beware, the germans are cuming Modder Donor

Jan 27, 2017
    scan of renpy.exe directly from the 7.0.1.291 sdk

Please Log in / Register to view this link

crap, every day i work with infected software
    sadly my malware protection and 97% of the scanners at virustotal.com can't accept this hard truth

bossapplesauce likes this.
  20. blackfeather

blackfeather New Member

Aug 28, 2018
    I just wonder there will be some animation or just pictures in the future? I must admit these pictures are really really awesome.

Namco15 and Enyos like this.