YeOldeWanker

Nov 16, 2022
No offense but it sounds like you don't really understand. 'Cuck' is not primarily about fetish.

The term cuck literally means a guy whose wife gets impregnated by another man, resulting in the guy wasting his resources raising a child that is not his own. More specifically, the point is that from an evolutionary perspective, the goal of all humans is to pass on their DNA; a cheating wife impedes a man's progress in this regard. A cheating man who has bastard children outside of the marriage and then divides his resources to support those children, also effectively does the same in reverse to his wife.

Keep in mind, we tend to think in very modern terms, but evolution moves slowly. For the overwhelming majority of history, many thousands of years - resources were scarce, and starvation and death due to inadequate resources was common. Social safety nets were virtually non-existent. Even today, plenty of the world still faces this problem. So it's not just a an issue of jealousy. Devoting resources to raise someone else's child means your own true children potentially not having enough of what they need.

It is also worth noting that despite the modern fascination with guys who get off on the idea of being "cucked," they make up a tiny percentage of cucking; the overwhelming majority of the time in reality the cuck does not know or is delusional / in denial about the fact that their wife is cuckolding them.

Over time, the term 'cuck' has been used more broadly, as tends to happen with most terms (see NTR for example lol.)

In this case, the point is that people are being deceived into devoting resources to a dev who is misleading them (the cheating wife in this analogy.) I don't think anyone truly subscribes to Patreon thinking "hey let me pay for this dev to do lines of blow off hookers' ass cracks and deliver jack shit for the next two years!" - They are obviously believing that their subscription is helping to continue progress on the fucking game. However, it starts to become obvious and they remain in denial - not unlike guys who are being cheated on by their wife, despite their friends and family seeing it quite plainly.

The analogy is more apt than you realize.
:KEK:

YeOldeWanker

Nov 16, 2022
My only real worry is this:
-The game came out Dec. 2019
-The last update was May 2023
-Currently almost a year since the last update
-We're still in the PROLOGUE!!!! Not even on Chapter 1 yet...
This game is completely fucking dead mate, and not even premium copium can make it come back alive. However the good news is that the memes, shitposts and other pointless thread wars will continue in this popcorn thread for a long ass time, which may be far more entertaining than whatever content this game would’ve had.

KayalDraknys

Nov 19, 2020
This game is completely fucking dead mate, and not even premium copium can make it come back alive. However the good news is that the memes, shitposts and other pointless thread wars will continue in this popcorn thread for a long ass time, which may be far more entertaining than whatever content this game would’ve had.
That's the sad thing. I loved the story. Loved the scenes. The fact that it will never be finished is just....sad.

KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
No. That's absolutely retarded take.
I would better pay to somebody who can manage the development of their game.
you claim it will never be finished and management is horrible yet you still return knowing this expecting something different....i wonder who's take is actually retarded here :unsure:

Dimod

Aug 25, 2022
see? that's all you got, no actual answer to statement just cringe little remakes lol
I don't know I just remembered about the game and decided to look at it. So all the prologue was released more than 4 years ago. The original promise was chapter by the end of 2021 and since then it looks like close to zero progress. It may be hard as he set quite a high level for himself originally but it is dead at best he would release the next part somewhere next year but that's all. So pity but yeah bad practice on dev side

Reactions: IlleniumTy

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
I feel like with this one it started out pretty promising, but then after he opened the story up he had no idea what to do next. Many authors, screenwriters, and game devs can open a story really well, but completely lose it in the middle.

The story started out OK, but near the end of what currently exists, the story gets progressively shittier. The cut scenes get confusing and feel sort of disjointed. Idk it definitely felt like the author of the story got stuck mentally and was floundering. It could be they had not actually planned out the long term storyline before starting.

The mechanics and little side activities are pretty shitty. People saw potential for the overall game, but there was always this assumption that the dev is going to fine tune those things and like add and remove some stuff as he learns and gets feedback and starts making some money. Many decent games start out as kind of rough prototypes, and as the game gets popular and the dev gains confidence, they go back and improve the starting content and refine what works and what doesn't. If you look at Corrupted Kingdoms, The Headmaster, etc., they started out much more primitive compared to how they are now.

But with this game it just never happened. Pretty much all the activities that exist outside of dialogue suck. The fishing, gathering random shit, repeatable missions, it's all just like someone took a VN and slapped a bunch of boring chore bullshit onto it to call it a 'sandbox' game.

kenny

Aug 5, 2016
I honestly don't understand the praise the story is getting. It's pretty generic hero fantasy. It's serviceable but really nothing to be super impressed about. The MC flip-flops between utter stupidity and smart, most characters are pretty one note (though that's an issue due to the fact that's there is TOO MANY of them) and the whole short arc of "MC is going away and for some reason he's treated as wrong for it despite the fact he has family, friends and a hometown" felt like incredibly cheap drama with an instant unsatisfying conclusion. And the miniaturizing curse bottle was such a horrible contrivance.
It's an okay starting point, but barely that.

4.50 star(s) 206 Votes