Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
title.jpg
Updated: 2024-04-01
Game/Creator: Hero to Villain by Izumii | F95zone
Modder: RiamMar | F95zone
Game Version: v0.3.2 Remastered
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Downloads:

APK by cebs

Last edited:

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Thank you for talking over this mod, was a load of help, specially in telling me which choice wasn't yet added to the game so I was able to make a save there. Again, thank you!!!

Reactions: RiamMar

shiqz

Dec 25, 2020
Now it just needs to be linked in the OP of the Game, had to Fish a bit to find your Mod :ROFLMAO:
Thanks for creating it (y)

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge One Hand Clapping
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Now it just needs to be linked in the OP of the Game, had to Fish a bit to find your Mod :ROFLMAO:
Thanks for creating it (y)
I just dm'ed the moderator who's OP of the game thread to link it. Either theydoes it or tell me what to do (maybe open a ticket or something). :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Punto and shiqz

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
i keep getting this everytime i use mod and the game crash
Can you please make a screenshot of your "game" folder? It doesn't seem to be correct.
It should look like this:
2023-11-13 11_12_24-E__Games__ modded_Hero to Villain Remastered_Hero_to_Villain_Remastered-Of...jpg

If it doesn't look like this (there might be more folders after launching or saving the game), you might need to reinstall the anew or try to add the content of the attached archive with the mod folder, not just the content of the mod folder.
This mod folder only contains the images and fonts, which should be the only parts reliant on folder structure.

STATE_

Nov 14, 2021
Can you please make a screenshot of your "game" folder? It doesn't seem to be correct.
It should look like this:
View attachment 3082880

If it doesn't look like this (there might be more folders after launching or saving the game), you might need to reinstall the anew or try to add the content of the attached archive with the mod folder, not just the content of the mod folder.
This mod folder only contains the images and fonts, which should be the only parts reliant on folder structure.

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Yeah, you copied the content of the "mod" folder from the archive into the game folder. Try this linked file and see if it works.
If not, you will have to reinstall the game and then move the "mod" folder, not just the content of it, into the game folder, so that it looks like in my pic in the post above.

Edit:
There's another fix you can try. There should be a "config.rpy" in your game folder now. Replace that file with the version in the attached archive.

Reactions: Siege_30 and Punto

STATE_

Nov 14, 2021
Yeah, you copied the content of the "mod" folder from the archive into the game folder. Try this linked file and see if it works.
If not, you will have to reinstall the game and then move the "mod" folder, not just the content of it, into the game folder, so that it looks like in my pic in the post above.

Edit:
There's another fix you can try. There should be a "config.rpy" in your game folder now. Replace that file with the version in the attached archive.
thanks it worked

Arrdvark

Jan 23, 2018
I found a bug in the mod.

When the console is enabled, it throws an error when you click on the Mod Menu. If you disable the console, the Mod Menu works again.

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
I found a bug in the mod.

When the console is enabled, it throws an error when you click on the Mod Menu. If you disable the console, the Mod Menu works again.
You probably used unren? There must be something else and my guess is, that you also have the developer tools activated.

There is a plain console enabler linked in my signature.

That said, the mod is updated to have fixed it. Please give it a try.

Reactions: Arrdvark

Arrdvark

Jan 23, 2018
You probably used unren? There must be something else and my guess is, that you also have the developer tools activated.

There is a plain console enabler linked in my signature.

That said, the mod is updated to have fixed it. Please give it a try.
Yes, I use UnRen. I forgot that the Dev Tools essentially put the game in debug mode and it throws a fit over every error.

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Hmmm, that's weird. Almost looks like you got an old version or wrong mod…
Updated the mod by removing the function from it, since the mod doesn't need.

Please redownload and try again. :)

IsraelSL00

Dec 29, 2021
Hmmm, that's weird. Almost looks like you got an old version or wrong mod…
Updated the mod by removing the function from it, since the mod doesn't need.

Please redownload and try again. :)
Thanks, thanks, it works again

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Getting this error while using the mod.
Tried re-downloading the game and mod again and the same result.
Deleted the mod and the game runs perfectly fine.
Hey, thanks for the report.

I'm not entierly sure where that error comes from. I suspect it to be located somewhere within renpy, since I call "renpy.list_files()". So either it's an issue with access permissions or a problem in Ren'Py itself?

Anyway, I removed the part using this functions, since it's not necessary for this mod. I attached it for you to this post.

Can you maybe also move the 2nd "HerotoVillainRemastered-OfficalVersion-0.3.1-pc" folder one up or shorten the names, so that it's not
"Hero to Villain Remastered\Hero_to_Villain_Remastered-OfficalVersion-0.3.1-pc\HerotoVillainRemastered-OfficalVersion-0.3.1-pc" anymore?

I'm not sure it is the issue, but it could be, since the absolute path length is about for your game base folder is 180 characters and Windows MAX_PATH is around 256 characters. With all the subdirectories, within the game folder, this might cause problems.

Reactions: Uddu

Uddu

Mar 11, 2022
Hey, thanks for the report.

I'm not entierly sure where that error comes from. I suspect it to be located somewhere within renpy, since I call "renpy.list_files()". So either it's an issue with access permissions or a problem in Ren'Py itself?

Anyway, I removed the part using this functions, since it's not necessary for this mod. I attached it for you to this post.

Can you maybe also move the 2nd "HerotoVillainRemastered-OfficalVersion-0.3.1-pc" folder one up or shorten the names, so that it's not
"Hero to Villain Remastered\Hero_to_Villain_Remastered-OfficalVersion-0.3.1-pc\HerotoVillainRemastered-OfficalVersion-0.3.1-pc" anymore?

I'm not sure it is the issue, but it could be, since the absolute path length is about for your game base folder is 180 characters and Windows MAX_PATH is around 256 characters. With all the subdirectories, within the game folder, this might cause problems.
Hi thank you for the reply and help.
I actually deleted my post because I found the solution. As you said I removed the second herotovillain folder and the game started fine with mod.
thanks again for quick reply :)