Dec 6, 2017
On discord they talked to keep this work going on, but they have to get organized first.
After that they'll see if they can continue to work at this project.
Fair enough, every Dev puts too much on their plate before they can be sure if its the actual thing they wanna work on, especially if a team falls apart as interest drift between members over time. Keeping an eye on this project until then.

SoberSphagghett

Sep 14, 2018
I never really understood these kinds of premises where a majority of the population is superhuman and those not in the majority just have to suck it. Like why doesn't everyone just have superpowers?
Why doesn't everyone not have a terminal illness, like Alzheimer, or cancer?
That's why. Because evolution throws shit and hopes it sticks.
Whatever doesn't stick doesn't get to procreate.

Side note: those that aren't born with super powers have to think harder about how they survive.
Some of them, if smart and lucky, can actually become puppet masters and control the super-powered folks from the shadows :3
Take homelander for an example. His boss was a normal human, but intimidating due to his connections.
Omni-man? Had a powerless human boss, Cecil, who was decked out with a teleporter, had weapons that made the godlike being bleed at least and Cecil took over the crazy reani-men project.
Yeah, when everyone's super, no one is, but when most people are super, the weaker have something to fight against.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
I never really understood these kinds of premises where a majority of the population is superhuman and those not in the majority just have to suck it. Like why doesn't everyone just have superpowers?
In this case, the setting is off brand My Hero Academia, a manga / anime series with the same basic premise. Human started (3-4 generations back I think, don't follow it myself just know some about it) to develop "quirks" which range from various obvious superpowers (creating / controlling fire, super strength, gravity control, exc), non obvious superpowers (having effectively tape dispensers on your elbows), and non useful powers (just having fur across the body and nothing else).

Since it is effectively evolution, not everyone in the world has the genetics for a quirk, but most do. This leads to both villains, and untrained heroics causing damage. Just because you've had a superpower for a long time doesn't mean you can use it safely or effectively for heroics, so having some kind of training program or school to help people learn that control makes sense.

Also, just having everyone have superpowers isn't always the most interesting story.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
When it says that there are no POV sex scenes for the female character, does it mean that there are NO sex-scene for the female character, or that there's just no POV option?

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
When it says that there are no POV sex scenes for the female character, does it mean that there are NO sex-scene for the female character, or that there's just no POV option?
Haven't played the last version, but there weren't any scenes for the female MC in the first demo. There's only 1 new scene listed in the changelog, so there's at most 1 (if they made it for the female MC or unisex).

Artemissu

Sep 17, 2021
I didn't get MHA at first too, the whole "80% of people have superpowers" thing, until i realized that is simply the author's way of making Deku an underdog protagonist. "So, 80% of the human population has superpowers. Cool, right?! But guess where does our hero protagonist belong to? Correct, he just so happens to belong to the 20% that doesn't! Oh no! But everyone loves an underdog, right???"

Too bad the author kinda shoots himself in the foot not long after that, by giving Deku the most OP superpowers you could possibly imagine in that universe just because he so happened to stumble upon All-Might, who just so happened to be looking for some young kid to pass down his powers to (even more surprising is the fact All-Might didn't have children of his own that could inherit his genes - what, you mean to tell me the most famous superhero in the world didn't hook up with anyone? That's a surprise)

"Hello, my name is Izuku Midoriya, and this is the story of how i became the world's greatest hero"

Well no shit, Deku. It's easy to become the world's greatest superhero when literally the WORLD'S GREATEST SUPER HERO pass down his own powers to you. That's like SSJ 4 Goku coming up to some random kid on the street and passing his powers to them. "Here, you're a SSJ 4 now. Go out there and have fun". Not hard to be the greatest like that...

OvaLoaf

Nov 7, 2020
I didn't get MHA at first too, the whole "80% of people have superpowers" thing, until i realized that is simply the author's way of making Deku an underdog protagonist. "So, 80% of the human population has superpowers. Cool, right?! But guess where does our hero protagonist belong to? Correct, he just so happens to belong to the 20% that doesn't! Oh no! But everyone loves an underdog, right???"

Too bad the author kinda shoots himself in the foot not long after that, by giving Deku the most OP superpowers you could possibly imagine in that universe just because he so happened to stumble upon All-Might, who just so happened to be looking for some young kid to pass down his powers to (even more surprising is the fact All-Might didn't have children of his own that could inherit his genes - what, you mean to tell me the most famous superhero in the world didn't hook up with anyone? That's a surprise)

"Hello, my name is Izuku Midoriya, and this is the story of how i became the world's greatest hero"

Well no shit, Deku. It's easy to become the world's greatest superhero when literally the WORLD'S GREATEST SUPER HERO pass down his own powers to you. That's like SSJ 4 Goku coming up to some random kid on the street and passing his powers to them. "Here, you're a SSJ 4 now. Go out there and have fun". Not hard to be the greatest like that...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Its about the journey not the destination. Deku is still a pretty compelling character especially in the earlier seasons because he could barely control his powers, his body would break if he overdid it and he actually scars himself in the sports festival arc. And if you've read the manga and seen the current arc, it definitely makes it hard to believe he ends up becoming the greatest hero imo.

Artemissu

Sep 17, 2021
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Its about the journey not the destination. Deku is still a pretty compelling character especially in the earlier seasons because he could barely control his powers, his body would break if he overdid it and he actually scars himself in the sports festival arc. And if you've read the manga and seen the current arc, it definitely makes it hard to believe he ends up becoming the greatest hero imo.
True. Despite Deku literally having the most OP quirk in his world, the author still managed to make him the underdog protagonist somewhat believable, i'll give you that. I guess this is a testament of how much of a good writer Kohei is (too bad Mineta is a thing though)

I still wish Deku would be more like Luffy, a character who got a laughably stupid superpower to the point no one really took him seriously, but he'd eventually hone his skills so much that even his stupid rubber powers would become a serious threat. But that is just my bias speaking though. I think Deku overall works pretty well as a character.

Last edited:

SunlessXre

Oct 9, 2020
wow. this demo was VERY impressive, for what little was shown. the UI was quite good, for example.

too bad it's been abandoned, as it looked to be an incredible game-in-making

Reactions: lTTMl

StonedFish

Jun 3, 2017
wow. this demo was VERY impressive, for what little was shown. the UI was quite good, for example.

too bad it's been abandoned, as it looked to be an incredible game-in-making
Parody games never lasts. At best they'll be around 2 or 3 months. It's just a quick cash grab scam tactic.

SunlessXre

Oct 9, 2020
Parody games never lasts. At best they'll be around 2 or 3 months. It's just a quick cash grab scam tactic.
I don't know much about that. But this game has some of the more experienced looking designs I've seen on here. Probably beating out wildlife & carnal instinct.

So, I'm assuming whoever worked on this are quite experienced/qualified.

I've been on this site since, maybe 2016-2018, and tried/followed a fair few parodies(usually, I don't like the franchises, so I don't follow many). I've seen quite a few successful parody games, aswell as failures.

Look at overlord H, four elements trainer, the slew of Dragonball games, all the games made by the developer of grempry live/vault repopulation, & other fallout parodies, etc.

I personally don't think most are necessarily scams though. Many developers do give up in such little time.

Personally, I give up on all my projects within 1 week-2 months, and find it extremely hard to pick them back up, as I can't bring myself to do tasks that aren't from the beginning.
I feel no attachment to them anymore.

It wouldn't surprise me if many others suffer similar situations.

4.40 star(s) 5 Votes