3.20 star(s) 92 Votes

jonquilnatrix

Feb 27, 2024
Posting this if anyone wants it. Made this a few months ago, but held off on posting as I was holding out for the supposed new ending, and there was a question about if Patreon was doing fan patch banning... Had a couple people test it hoping for feedback that never came. New ending also never came and haven't seen too much of the fan banning with other games getting recent fan mods and I figure if I post my stuff for a few of the many different games that lack the proper mods which I've been working on, it will hopefully be evidence that I ain't one of the devs...

Helping the Hotties Unofficial Fan Taboo Conversion Mod v1.6
(Updated to Game version 1.0.4.10)

(To install drop everything in the Helping the Hotties "game" folder. Make sure to keep subfolder locations intact or you'll get errors about duplicate labels. If you used Unren this will overwrite all the existing script and image files so make sure to back them up first.)

- This is an in-depth manual line-by-line fan text conversion mod to restore the original Mom/Sister relationships from Red Falls.
- Various replacements of names/pronouns with familial words on a case by case basis for MC/Eve/Kiara/Emily.
- Any references that could infer that MC/Eve/Kiara/Emily are not related were altered.
- Minor alterations were made to the characters dialogue/plot to fit the new related relationship status. (Primarily Eve's saw biggest changes.)
- Additional reference to the characters being related/growing up family, and taboo dialogue added to existing lines.
- 3 of Belle's roleplays get a little more taboo.
- Includes replacement images for MC's phone caller ID in prologue to show "Mom" instead of "Eve" (1080p version).
- Includes replacement images for Kiara/Eve/Emily diary pages and Episode Summary diary pages (1080p version). Yeah I know font/color aren't perfect. But since the dev used images and the text was slightly blurred I couldn't find exact matches to duplicate but I feel it's close enough.
- Does NOT include Lovense integration (except e10. I made this for an earlier script version before the dev included it. Tried to add it back in with copy paste but after doing one episode decided it's waaaaaaay too much work to be worth it.)
- Does NOT include compatibility with voice (for pretty obvious reasons!)
- Other minor tweaks such as enabling the Episode 10 diary page on the final stat screen which the dev made but did not use...and after I took the time to retype the whole bloody thing I didn't want that to have definitely been a waste of time. I still doubt anyone will look at it, but it's at least possible.), various blatant spelling/grammar/punctuation corrections throughout, and fixed the dream discussion scene where the images seemed out of order as the character speaking was almost never the character shown? It was weird and bugged me.)

v1.6 - Contains a few more minor typo corrections

Feedback appreciated. Let me know if anything needs fixed as I did a bunch of typing late at night. I did do "Storytime" as well and that is now posted in it's thread HERE.

=============
Helping the Hotties Unofficial Fan Taboo Conversion Mod v1.6 - SCRAPPY WT MOD COMPATIBLE VERSION

- Install the base Scrappy Mod FIRST. Then overwrite with these files.
- It will not work if you do it the opposite way or don't install the full scrappy mod at all... ("full" does not have to include the gui.rpy file if it breaks things)
- Let me know if anything is broken. I had to manually copy code from the Scrappy mod version of the script built on 1.0 into mine based on 10.0.4.10 so there's a slight chance I imported something that wasn't meant to be imported that I wrongly thought was part of the Scrappy mod...)

Last edited:

underwatersparkle

Mar 30, 2022
there is no mom....
well their was but they took the shit out but eve is technically the "MOM" and the other two are technically the sisters but they took it out as well to me and others who played it and based on how the game plays out and to me they are "family" still regardless but what i was getting at was that it did exist and depending on your POV it may or may not still be in the game

and those like myself griping about free roam sandbox bullshit in the game well if you start over it gives you the option at the beginning and i think in the options menu to turn if off to were it will go to being a visual novel as well but either way you get the option now

underwatersparkle

Mar 30, 2022
Posting this if anyone wants it. Made this a few months ago, but held off on posting as I was holding out for the supposed new ending, and there was a question about if Patreon was doing fan patch banning... Had a couple people test it hoping for feedback that never came. New ending also never came and haven't seen too much of the fan banning with other games getting recent fan mods and I figure if I post my stuff for a few of the many different games that lack the proper mods which I've been working on, it will hopefully be evidence that I ain't one of the devs...

Helping the Hotties Unofficial Fan Taboo Conversion Mod v1.5

Pixeldrain

(To install drop everything in the Helping the Hotties "game" folder. Make sure to keep subfolder locations intact or you'll get errors about duplicate labels. If you used Unren this will overwrite all the existing script and image files so make sure to back them up first.)

- This is an in-depth manual line-by-line fan text conversion mod to restore the original Mom/Sister relationships from Red Falls.
- Various replacements of names/pronouns with familial words on a case by case basis for MC/Eve/Kiara/Emily.
- Any references that could infer that MC/Eve/Kiara/Emily are not related were altered.
- Minor alterations were made to the characters dialogue/plot to fit the new related relationship status. (Primarily Eve's saw biggest changes.)
- Additional reference to the characters being related/growing up family, and taboo dialogue added to existing lines.
- Includes replacement images for MC's phone caller ID in prologue to show "Mom" instead of "Eve" (1080p version).
- Includes replacement images for Kiara/Eve/Emily diary pages and Episode Summary diary pages (1080p version). Yeah I know font/color aren't perfect. But since the dev used images and the text was slightly blurred I couldn't find exact matches to duplicate but I feel it's close enough.
- Does NOT include Lovense integration (except e10. I made this for an earlier script version before the dev included it. Tried to add it back in with copy paste but after doing one episode decided it's waaaaaaay too much work to be worth it.)
- Other minor tweaks such as enabling the Episode 10 diary page on the final stat screen which the dev made but did not use...and after I took the time to retype the whole bloody thing I didn't want that to have definitely been a waste of time. I still doubt anyone will look at it, but it's at least possible.), various blatant spelling/grammar/punctuation corrections throughout, and fixed the dream discussion scene where the images seemed out of order as the character speaking was almost never the character shown? It was weird and bugged me.)

Feedback appreciated. Let me know if anything needs fixed as I did a bunch of typing late at night. Also yes, I did do "Storytime" as well and will post that later in the proper thread.
this is awesome man thanks for this i tried it and it works kudos and much respect for you taking the time to make this and to share it with everyone on this site could use more guys like you to make mods for games like these that dont have them by default but sucks the voice overs are not added to it because some were hot to listen to when they talk but i can live without that with the mod :coffee: (y)

Reactions: Joi_fan and botc76

Robert68

Sep 4, 2021
Exact same issue here. I have a 4k monitor and it's just refusing to fit even though it absolutely should.

Edit: Apparently the issue is the WT mod. I uninstalled it and the game works fine. It seems the mod uses custom screens and is fit to a certain resolution, so it just breaks everything if installed on the 4k version.
Thanks, I will uninstall walk through and try that.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Tatsuya2022

siddb12

Jan 11, 2022

Pixeldrain

Feedback appreciated. Let me know if anything needs fixed as I did a bunch of typing late at night. I did do "Storytime" as well and that is now posted in it's thread HERE.
Hey could you please share any alternate link other than pixeldrain. Pixeldrain is not working here for the last 2 days.

msleomac

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2019

Pixeldrain

Hey. Thanks for the mod. Will definitely make the game more enjoyable. Could I ask for alt dwld link? I am having issues with PD and unable to get it to work. Don't know if its a regional thing. Could you add Workupload or Mediafire link as well?

• Angry
Reactions: Mysters90

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Hey. Thanks for the mod. Will definitely make the game more enjoyable. Could I ask for alt dwld link? I am having issues with PD and unable to get it to work. Don't know if its a regional thing. Could you add Workupload or Mediafire link as well?
There is an attachment just like 2 posts up.

pusyilike

Oct 20, 2019
for everyone using the mod, its not perfect, but you can edit the gui.rpy file to be in 4k (3840 x 2160) it makes it better. but not perfect. (playable at least)

I have attached the file I modified below *NOT a modder just managed to figure it out*

• Red Heart
Reactions: DoodleJoskin

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thank you so much, with this and the VN option, I will actually give this one another try.
It's just one of the games where it was infuriating that you could clearly see the supposed relationships, but they just weren't there. That only works out if the dev completely commits to the new non-related story, but for me this game constantly had dialogue and scenes that only made sense if the girls are part of MCs family and were just weird otherwise.
THat just as much as the sudden ending and change of direction made me abandon the game until now.
So thanks again, much appreciated.

lancelot0501

Jun 2, 2017
for everyone using the mod, its not perfect, but you can edit the gui.rpy file to be in 4k (3840 x 2160) it makes it better. but not perfect. (playable at least)

I have attached the file I modified below *NOT a modder just managed to figure it out*
Just delete the gui.rpy file from the game directory (or don't extract it from the mod archive) and everything will just work fine.

chriskendall90

Mar 13, 2018
I know people are mixed about the voice acting, but I enjoyed it. Wasn't bad and nice change of pace from other VNs.

Any other VNs with voice acting and decent number of lewd scenes like this?

Last edited:

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
How does one activate the in-game walkthrough? I clicked on the Options -> Walkthrough but nothing actually happens in-game.
If you click on "Walkthrough" in the options, it changes color, indicating whether it's ON or OFF.

This is how it looks when it's ON:
1716355403298.png

And this is how it looks when it's OFF:
1716355419590.png

To be honest: I had to check with URM which one is which, this could have been done in a better way.

Then again: I also have no clue (yet) on what it actually does :)

// EDIT: Here's what it does (it even has its own tutorial):

So it's basically an "in-game version" of the PDF walkthrough you can open on a separate screen...

Last edited:
Reactions: Cuhullin
3.20 star(s) 92 Votes