Help with Daz3D Morphs

xcribr

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
I have Daz3D up and running for my first project, but I can't get certain morphs loaded into my character.

Now matter how I install morph packages, they just don't appear on compatible characters. is there a way to force the morphs to load?

xcribr

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
Trying to get an alternatively sourced version of Z Sensuous Lip Morphs for Genesis 8 to work.

Installing via DIM doesn't do it.

psychodelusional

Donor
Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
Typing in "Sensuous" or "hd" into the search bar for "parameters" doesn't show up? Some morphs are hard to find once they are installed. You could try making a genesis 8 female character and searching through all the parameter options for her.

xcribr

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
Nope, they don't show up. I have a sneaky suspicion that unless they're on my Daz account, they won't show...

lumaspicy

Nov 12, 2017
Nope, they don't show up. I have a sneaky suspicion that unless they're on my Daz account, they won't show...
Try to search there - Content Library -> DAZ Studio Formats -> My DAZ 3D Library -> People -> Genesis 8 Female -> Shapes -> Z Sensuous Lip Morphs

xcribr

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
The files are there, they just don't show up in the character.

Frosthugger

Dec 28, 2017
Do you mean a reinstall fixed it for the purchased ones, or fixed it completely?
I'm a noob so I'm probably wrong, but have you checked if everything is OK with your content directory manager? When I first started (a week ago or so :D) I couldn't get morphs to work because I have been changing the content directories.

xcribr

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
Do you mean a reinstall fixed it for the purchased ones, or fixed it completely?
I'm a noob so I'm probably wrong, but have you checked if everything is OK with your content directory manager? When I first started (a week ago or so :D) I couldn't get morphs to work because I have been changing the content directories.
Yeah, only the purchased ones work...

I did change the directories because I wanted to keep the purchased ones separate from those that are alternatively sourced. How did you fix it?

Frosthugger

Dec 28, 2017
you change the directories again, I'm afraid. Give me two screenshots: your file structure for the manual files and what shows up in Daz->Edit->Preferences->Content->content directory manager (expand all the little plus icons)

Frosthugger

Dec 28, 2017
ok, here's your problem. This will only work if they are poser format (eg. pp2) and if you have the proper folder structure there. For example where is your runtime folder? under D:\Daz3D or D:\Daz3D\Content?

EDIT:
Don't worry, if the problem is what I think it is, it can be easily fixed :)

Last edited:

xcribr

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
ok, here's your problem. This will only work if they are poser format (eg. pp2) and if you have the proper folder structure there. For example where is your runtime folder? under D:\Daz3D or D:\Daz3D\Content?

EDIT:
Don't worry, if the problem is what I think it is, it can be easily fixed :)
Runtime is in D:\Daz3D\Content\ :)

Thanks for helping me out here :D

Frosthugger

Dec 28, 2017
Ok so it should work ok, but only for poser format files. If you know which those are and put them there, then they should be available under content library(NOT SMART CONTENT!)->poser formats->Daz3D->Content or content library(NOT SMART CONTENT!)->poser formats->Content.

That's just the poser format files though. I, as a noob and someone who sometimes gets formats wrong would recommend you do the following - choose one folder where you are going to keep all your poser and daz format stuff, either D:\Daz3D\Content\ or just D:\Daz3D and then do the following:
1. make sure that path exactly appears in ajj 3 subcategories of the menu you screenshotted - put this path there under:
- Daz Studio Formats
- Poser Formats
- Other Import Formats (you can skip this one, It gave me a scare when some zbrush alien head morph I downloaded auto-applied itself to ALL my characters)
2. move everything (everything from the level that contains your runtime, data, etc. folders, all the manual download content) to the path you chose earlier here.
3. make sure you unpack everything there in the future - some packages have the runtime, data, etc stuff directly in the zip and some have it nested, eg. under content, library, or whatever. If it's nested, it won't work right. make sure runtime merges with runtime, data with data, and so on.
4. When you do it and restart daz studio, all your daz content will appear under content library(NOT SMART CONTENT!)->DAZ Studio formats->"folder" and all your poser content under content library(NOT SMART CONTENT!)->poser formats->"folder" where "folder" is whatever you chose earlier.

The content library is quite handy, you can also find all the daz-purchased stuff there under "products"
Let me know if that works.

EDIT:
If it doesn't work, then you might to have to keep them all in the same directory.
I still haven't figured out how to properly use object files though :)

xcribr

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
Ok so it should work ok, but only for poser format files. If you know which those are and put them there, then they should be available under content library(NOT SMART CONTENT!)->poser formats->Daz3D->Content or content library(NOT SMART CONTENT!)->poser formats->Content.

That's just the poser format files though. I, as a noob and someone who sometimes gets formats wrong would recommend you do the following - choose one folder where you are going to keep all your poser and daz format stuff, either D:\Daz3D\Content\ or just D:\Daz3D and then do the following:
1. make sure that path exactly appears in ajj 3 subcategories of the menu you screenshotted - put this path there under:
- Daz Studio Formats
- Poser Formats
- Other Import Formats
2. move everything (everything from the level that contains your runtime, data, etc. folders, all the manual download content) to the path you chose earlier here.
3. make sure you unpack everything there in the future - some packages have the runtime, data, etc stuff directly in the zip and some have it nested, eg. under content, library, or whatever. If it's nested, it won't work right. make sure runtime merges with runtime, data with data, and so on.
4. When you do it and restart daz studio, all your daz content will appear under content library(NOT SMART CONTENT!)->DAZ Studio formats->"folder" and all your poser content under content library(NOT SMART CONTENT!)->poser formats->"folder" where "folder" is whatever you chose earlier.

The content library is quite handy, you can also find all the daz-purchased stuff there under "products"
Let me know if that works.

I still haven't figured out how to properly use object files though :)
I'll try that out and then let you know :D