help pls, cant save the progress

rojoxvivo

Dec 4, 2021
can't save the progress.
when play games that need rpg maker xp, i cant save the progress, i can open the app and play as normaly, but when i try to save the game it apears like is saved, and when try to play again there is no slot with any saved game.
i really appreciate the help, thanks

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
(just a wild guess) What's the full path of the game? Maybe it's trying to save your progress in a folder with restricted access. What happens if you change its permissions or you move the game into another folder?

Reactions: TheBlueKnight

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
can't save the progress.
when play games that need rpg maker xp, i cant save the progress, i can open the app and play as normaly, but when i try to save the game it apears like is saved, and when try to play again there is no slot with any saved game.
i really appreciate the help, thanks
RPG Maker XP games use the game folder as a save directory. Moving the game elsewhere won't help.
Check the game folder's properties to see if Read Only is ticked and change that if it is.

Reactions: rojoxvivo

rojoxvivo

Dec 4, 2021
RPG Maker XP games use the game folder as a save directory. Moving the game elsewhere won't help.
Check the game folder's properties to see if Read Only is ticked and change that if it is.
could you help me a little more? please. im a total newbie in these pc games, i use bandizip to unnzip the games i dont know if thap app its ok, and then i dont realy know where to check the folder properties, i thought i already did cuz the option only read is unmarked, but still cant save the game

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
could you help me a little more? please. im a total newbie in these pc games, i use bandizip to unnzip the games i dont know if thap app its ok, and then i dont realy know where to check the folder properties, i thought i already did cuz the option only read is unmarked, but still cant save the game
I think I'm seeing it now. It looks like you're trying to run it straight from the .zip file. RPG Maker games won't work properly like that.
You need to unzip all the game's files to somewhere you've made yourself, otherwise it just won't function.
For example, C:\Games\Roundscape_Adorevia_v.5.8B

Last edited:

rojoxvivo

Dec 4, 2021
I think I'm seeing it now. It looks like you're trying to run it straight from the .zip file. RPG Maker games won't work properly like that.
You need to unzip all the game's files to somewhere you've made yourself, otherwise it just won't function.
For example, C:\Games\Roundscape_Adorevia_v.5.8B
DUUUUUDEEEE, thanks a lot, you are a GOD to me now, i really appreciate the help, like i said, i'm a total newbie in pc games and dont really understand the apps or unzipp the games, but you were a total help to me, thaks

Reactions: Squark ⚧❤️