Daz Help me please!!!

serb911

Aug 13, 2017
Parts of the hands stopped working (red color) on this particular model, how can I fix this?

serb911

Aug 13, 2017
At first everything worked fine, but some position broke these parts of the hands (red), they are not painted, the bones in the hands remained. I even reinstalled DAZ and it didn't help.

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Hi,

I'm not sure I am following. But I think you might want to give this a shot, and see if after doing that, everything reverts to normal.

1. Load your base figure (the Genesis 8 Basic Female) or the developer version.

2. Zero the figure
Menu Edit>Figure>Zero>Zero Figure

3. Memorize the figure
Menu Edit>Figure>Memorize>Memorize Figure

4. File->Save As->Support Asset->Save Modified Assets

serb911

Aug 13, 2017
Hi,

I'm not sure I am following. But I think you might want to give this a shot, and see if after doing that, everything reverts to normal.

1. Load your base figure (the Genesis 8 Basic Female) or the developer version.

2. Zero the figure
Menu Edit>Figure>Zero>Zero Figure

3. Memorize the figure
Menu Edit>Figure>Memorize>Memorize Figure

4. File->Save As->Support Asset->Save Modified Assets
Now the base model (the Genesis 8 Basic Female) has this problem

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
:cry: I'm sorry that happened. Do you know how to save scene subsets? Could you load your Basic Genesis 8 Female figure and then save it to a scene subset (include just the figure herself and her children nodes in the scene subset, nothing else), so that you can then upload it here for me to have a look on my end?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
[...] they are not painted, [...]
What do you mean by "painted" ?
In what mode and with what kind of preview for the viewport ?
How this issue translate on renders ?

serb911

Aug 13, 2017
:cry: I'm sorry that happened. Do you know how to save scene subsets? Could you load your Basic Genesis 8 Female figure and then save it to a scene subset (include just the figure herself and her children nodes in the scene subset, nothing else), so that you can then upload it here for me to have a look on my end?

serb911

Aug 13, 2017
What do you mean by "painted" ?
In what mode and with what kind of preview for the viewport ?
How this issue translate on renders ?
The controller (forearm bend) is missing, all other parts of the body are working. P.S English is not my language, the translator may not translate correctly

felldude

Aug 26, 2017
Check this first
1.jpg

You said you re-installed daz but I am guessing you didn't clear all the files stored in your My library folder.

If you don't want to full clear the data you could start by re-installing Genesis 8 Base manually.
If that doesn't work I would clear the My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8 folder and install G8 again.
(This will delete any charters Victoria etc you would need to install those again)

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
The controller (forearm bend) is missing, all other parts of the body are working.
Missing isn't the word, because on your screenshot it's clearly visible in the list of bones on the "scene" panel.
Do the lack of "painting" happen when you try to select it directly from the viewport, or also when you select it from the "scene" panel ?
And is it just a lack of "painting" or are you also prevented to move the forearm ?

serb911

Aug 13, 2017
Missing isn't the word, because on your screenshot it's clearly visible in the list of bones on the "scene" panel.
Do the lack of "painting" happen when you try to select it directly from the viewport, or also when you select it from the "scene" panel ?
And is it just a lack of "painting" or are you also prevented to move the forearm ?
In the "scene" I can manipulate these bones (forearm bend) but in the preview I can't

serb911

Aug 13, 2017
On the DAZ forum they wrote to me that this could be a QUOTE "There was an issue with JCMs (morphs that correct the shape as it is posed) but that was fixed twomyears ago "2022-03-23 - JCM files were renamed as they were overwriting base figures JCMs."" but I don’t understand anything about it

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
In the "scene" I can manipulate these bones (forearm bend) but in the preview I can't
Well, the most probable cause is that something is between the camera and the bone you want to select, preventing Daz to correctly identify the target. Try moving the preview camera until you find a correct angle.

drapak12

Jul 7, 2018
Reinstalling DAZ helped fix this problem on ( Genesis 8 Basic Female ) not on this model
On the DAZ forum they wrote to me that this could be a QUOTE "There was an issue with JCMs (morphs that correct the shape as it is posed) but that was fixed twomyears ago "2022-03-23 - JCM files were renamed as they were overwriting base figures JCMs."" but I don’t understand anything about it
Reinstaling Daz include reinstalling G8. I think you should not investigate your figure which was broken mysteriuos way (can be Daz error, or unintentional using hotkey or sth else). Probably you can fix it, but it takes a lot of time.
Faster way - Load your broken figure ans save shape and materials.
Later delete it and load base G8F (or G8.1F), apply saved shape and material to loaded base G8.

JMCs are very important, but hard to create. They fix, improve figure shape in particular poses. Generally (but not always) they are morphs activated by particular pose and particular shape. For example some jmc create stomash deformation only if there are active abdomen bend morph and heavy shape. Jmc value can be multiplication of abd bend value x heavy shape value.

Last edited: