RPGM Help in possible Dragon Ball Game

Uncsanny1996

Apr 4, 2023
hello, I'm a designer and editor and I'm thinking about creating a 2d Dragon ball game focused on chichi/bulma and a little on 18, but in that case I would have to abandon another personal project and I would need to create a patreon to overcome this project abandonment (the game will be free of course), this post is more to understand the possibilities and know if this project is worth following or not.

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
Considering it sounds like a very basic idea, I don't think you need to abandon your current project just to work on a new idea.

I often jump back and forth between two or more projects, just because each project may be stuck at different phases. If I am getting frustrated with art for project A, I'll switch over to project B which is stuck at the programming phase. If I completed some major programming but don't want to start on a new section of code, I'll switch from B to writing project C's story. If I'm inspired by my writing, I'll switch back to art for project A again. this way I don't get overloaded beating my head against a wall.

It sounds like you are just starting the idea, nothing pinned down yet, so feel free to take take a break from your current project just to experiment. for me, art is the limitation and deciding factor, nothing wrong with exploring the possibility of how you may make the game. once you get some ideas and assets together, I find it often helps to do a write up, the write up acts both as a note, and as a good stopping point so you can switch back to your first project.

Reactions: Dennis2x

TheExordick

Sep 25, 2021
i second Saki_Sliz , you seem to have a very basic idea/concept of the game, or better the world/framework the game take place in but with no real plan on mechanics and gameplay.

I personally don't have multiple projects to work on but only one that i'm currently developing. But that doesn't mean i don't think about other projects. As of now i've been thinking about a second project for a few months and it is now refined enough to be put into a simple document. This doesn't mean it's ready to be developed yet.

So my suggestion is to take your time, think and rethink the features and gameplay loop until it is refined in your head without abandoning your current project. Then, when you feel you are really ready, you can start a game design document.

As a sidenote, Dragonball has a huge funbase and many many NSFW projects have been created over the years, i never saw a game though. So i believe it would be a good project to work on, with the right timing and preparation.

Reactions: Dennis2x