• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Request Tool Ren'Py Help finding console renpy program

Capt OA

Apr 29, 2018
Hello all,

Kindly help me with this search. I used to have a small renpy program called dirty console or something like that. I formatted the drive with the games and lost it, where can I find it? I already tried searching 'dirty console renpy' with no results.
Thanks in advance.

Pif paf

Engaged Member
Feb 5, 2018
To clarify, u don't want help with 00console.rpy in commons but ONLY this dirty console, right?

Capt OA

Apr 29, 2018
To clarify, u don't want help with 00console.rpy in commons but ONLY this dirty console, right?
well, either or both, I'm very curious about the dirty console, I think I found it here in f95zone but now I cannot seem to find it. Where is each of them?
The dirty console script had a lot of commands available, really great.
and thanks a lot for responding and helping me out, appreciated.

Last edited:

Pif paf

Engaged Member
Feb 5, 2018
in the folder ...\game.exe\renpy\common u have all the system *.rpy files
one of them is
00console.rpy
u can modify this to suite your neeeds, mainly accessing the dev console using Shift+O
This "dirty console" u mentioned i've never heard of, so I can't help u there
Also u have unren.bat app here on F95 and it can do several things to un-compile the renpy game files so u can modify them to suite your needs

Reactions: Capt OA

Capt OA

Apr 29, 2018
Great, thanks!!
I just run an undelete program (Recuva) and found the dirtyConsole file, it contains just a few likes of code, in case anyone wants to use it too.

Code:
init +999 python:
    config.console = True

init +999 python in _console:

def AONquickOverview( l ):
        return str( sorted( renpy.python.store_dicts["store"].ever_been_changed ) )

config.console_commands["vv"] = AONquickOverview
    config.console_commands["vv"].help = "vv: will return the list of all the variables which have been their value changed at least once since the start of the game."